When Christians laughably attempt to argue against athiests, why do they think that "something cant come from nothing...

When Christians laughably attempt to argue against athiests, why do they think that "something cant come from nothing, therefore Jesus exists" is a good argument?
My guess is wilful ignorance, although im open to being persuaded that they are all actually clinically retarded.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wB8IvbHSs34
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I wish some aliens would show up and drop some figurative knowledge bombs upon us.

It was gods shit couldn’t make it to the toilet in time

It's laughable and comical when those brainlets try to challenge our superior intellect. Plebeians, each one of them!

Scientific theory is as valid as belief in the spaghetti monster in the sky. Name calling shows weakness in your argument. If you know so much, why don't you share?

Our whole universe was in a hot dense state then over 13 billion years ago expansion started- wait. The began to cool.....who built the pyramids? Science math history unravelling the mystery

jesus did exist retard

They hold creation to a downy standard depending on where it comes from.
Scientifically, you can't have something from nothing, so there's that argument. Otherwise, if you're argument is for a religious creation, it goes into the realm of faith, which yes, allows for "something from nothing".
They hold science to a higher standard, because even through their faults, they realize science is the superior idealism.

>downy
Different**

youtube.com/watch?v=wB8IvbHSs34

I said exists - retard. This is what we are up against ffs.

Name calling. Clinically retarded may be an out of date term for the mentally disabled, but it certainly isnt name calling.

creator is god if you dont believe in him stfu and move on with your life .

Christianity has caused so much harm in the world. If you are the type of person who can live in a world where people say "atrocities happen, move on with your life", then I pity you and anyone that is close to you.

Christian churches are vital to the survival of America.

>asks Alexa, "Who was Jesus Christ?"
>"Jesus is a fictional character."
Nope.

How do you figure this?

To me. Science is flawed way more than the Bible is. And you can argue all you want that its not. But just look back on how much has changed since you were in grade school, and tell me that it’s a stable thing to believe in.

People changing their views based on evidence vs people who refuse to change their views despite the evidence.
I know whose side Im on.

The church is major source of spirit guidance for families. Church based schools are far better than government run ones. The majority of soup kitchens are church run.

is this real?

What evidence are you referring to?

Despite the evidence proving the events in the Bible people still think it’s made up

This is real.

Yes, but Mohammed was a historical figure.

>believe in a book that has nearly unlimited contradictions, because the book itself claims that it is the truth, with no other supporting evidence
>believe the results of a process that have catapulted the standards of living in the world forward, that allows for further inquiry into any subject (as long as politics don't interfere), that is right most of the time and rational almost all the time
I know which I'm choosing

>believe in a system that will always contradict itself because technology is always moving forward and will always rewrite itself
>believe in “facts” just because people wildly except them not because they are actually facts
>follows this system just because people say it’s true
I’m not speaking about atoms and gravity and shit like that. But the large claims.
Hm imagine that, has the same similar drawbacks as religion. Well fuck

>But the large claims
like?

So has Christianity just become the counter-culture at this point, and that's why every user is a "Christian" now, or have the boards actually been flooded with religitards?

Genuinely confused on this.

Big Bang. Black holes. Life on mars. The shit nasa makes up to get funding because Obama nearly shut them down

What changes are you referring to?!

Oh please. There is mountains of scientific evidence disputing things that happened in the bible. Just because your pastor told you that its been proved that Bethlehem was an actual place 2000 years ago does not prove that the christian faith isnt a complete farce used to control people.
By the way, which "word of god" do you subscribe to? The Kings James version, or one of the many other versions? Who decides that btw?

lol militant atheist thinking that the people who theorized the stuff he believes agree with him
Stephen Hawking, the guy who helped set in stone a lot of astrophysical theories that revolutionized the modern understanding of science, believes in god

you don't have to believe, neither do i, but show some respect you pigfucker

Care to expand on any of these or are they just words that have been propagated by people who are as uninformed as yourself, that sound good but mean nothing. Reminds me of a book but I cant think which one...

Atheists have never successfully dis-proven the possibility of a supreme being.

My guess is wilful egotism, although im open to being persuaded that they are all actually clinically retarded.

there are so many inconsistincies in religion but it's the same in science
there's no grand unified theory yet dipshit anything is possible

Oh fuck off man. If you aren’t able enough to dig for scientific facts in the Bible from everything like stars and formations, to medical facts stated in the Bible then just kill yourself and find out right quick

What do Stephen Hawking's beliefs have to do with how factually sound something is?
Fuck Stephen Hawking, he's a crippled faggot.

I don't get your point.

"A lot of astrophysical theories" - fuck me, which of the sciences do you hold a phd in? With that sort of knowledge you must be a person of merit.
Stephen Hawking, while a very intelligent person who has made advances in his field, is actually more of a pop culture identity. Anyone who has actually obtained a degree in the field knows this, but I understand that he is probably the only person that you have ever heard of outside of bible camp.

Well, there's Black Science Guy and Asian Science Guy...and SJW Science Guy.

You cant disprove a negative. For example I cant prove that there is no sch thing as unicorns. I cant be everywhere in the world at one time, therefore there might be a unicorn hiding somewhere. This is basically what anyone who believes in one of the major religions argues, and its embarrassing for everyone involved.

It's easier to be critical of someone else than it is to be critical of yourself.
Or they're just intellectually dishonest.

God states that pi is exactly 3 in the bible. Do you have any reason that an all knowing being believes that?

Yes, straw men that people love to hate on. Anyone who has that amount of time to spend promoting themself is not somebody who is currently active in their field.

After thinking about it another 10 or so minutes, I'm starting to think it is in fact just the new counter culture.

There's enough faggots that take MUH SCIENCE seriously that it's easy to bait them. Some of the responses in this thread are clearly bait IMO, so that's my going theory.

Nope... belief in a supreme being requires faith in the intangible. Atheism would require proof for validity or it's simply a... wait for it.. article of faith.

>saying these things are larger claims than gravity or the basic building blocks of matter
Sure thing... so you don't have much of an education, got it.

>Big Bang.
A theory, because all galaxies in the universe are clearly moving away from each other. Whether it was a singularity, or much denser matter, or interactions between universes at a single point, it clearly happened. Better than Genesis, by far.

>Black holes.
Not much mystery here, other than it's hard (but not impossible) to observe them

>Life on mars.
Currently? Unlikely. But it's hard to disprove anything, with certainty. There's pretty much no on in science that thinks life is unique to Earth though.

>The shit nasa makes up to get funding because Obama nearly shut them down
This is politics, not science. And the same things happen in religion-- look at the fucking Catholic church, and how corrupt it has always been. Saying this is science, especially since I already mentioned this issue, is fucking retarded.

"Faith in the intangible" - why do you always have to use such strange, feathery language that actually means nothing? Is it what youve been told to say when educated people debate you?

Agnostic Atheism doesn't make any claims that require proof though. Most atheists are agnostic atheists, which means they simply posit that there's no proof of a god and as such religion is useless and baseless.

I believe in God and I also study science. Science can explain many MANY things... and who knows, may even completely explain creation someday... but the more and more I study the cosmos and the quantum world, the more I believe this incredible system we live in didn't just "happen". But to each his own. Hardcore atheists are retarded and evangelical religitards are retarded.

That being said... ever notice the hardcore flat earthtards inevitably devolve into "CUZ GOD DID IT"? Eccchhhhh,

I aM aTheiSt sO i M SuPpiOer

I'd use simpler words for you, but there aren't any.

As OP I agree with this. All of the major religions are 100% wrong, and are simply a control mechanism. However, it is possible that there is a being out there who may fit the title "god" in loose terms. We are here to debate major religions, and more specifically Christianity, in an attempt to stop its hate preaching and make the world a better place. Anyone who believes that christianity is a religion devoted to love and kindness does not know their history.

The cosmos and the quantum world? Please elaborate on what exactly you study as this sounds like Christian "I know my science and I still believe in god" bullshit.

Not superior, just right.

Faith in the intangible. Funny that you didnt explain that and intstead tried to make me look stupid. No doubt you will evade or ignore the question completely/

Yes. I agree. When those Christians mowed down those innocent Muslims at the Bastille Day attack in Paris, when those Christians flew those planes into the WTC and Pentagon, when those Christians attacked the London train station, when those Christians mowed down Muslims with their trucks of peace... how long must we stand for these meanie Christians and their reign of terror?

Awww, still mad mommy made you go to Sunday school, kid?

Your argument is that other people have done wrong so it doesnt matter what the Christians have done?
I also said that I am targeting all major religions. I you cant lok back on your statement and see how ridiculous it is then you clearly dont have an ounce of logic in your pretty little head. Itsno wonder you are a christian!

Ive been to church twice in my life. Try again.

Yep, no reply. What a surprise.

Whether or not Christians kill other people in the name of their religion is irrelevant to whether or not it's wrong or a mechanism of control.

Of course I completely agree, but if everyone who believes in a major religion understands how ridiculous it is and stops believing in it then the world will be a better place. That is my aim.

>you resort to namecalling because you're upset with how fucking clinically retarded I am, therefore your argument is weak

I love that every atheist thinks they are a genius.
Go back to watching rick and morty gayfag
this is america

dur im atheist so i must have 160 iq
literally you

Ever asked yoursef why the majority of Christians are uneducated, impoverished people, while highly educated people are more likely to be athiest/agnostic? I doubt it...

ITT: Christfags and Autists come together to prove faggotry has transcended all, using SCIENCE!

Honestly, I can't really agree with either of these theories.

>Atheist.
>Believes in aliens based solely on faith.
>Objectively equal or more proof of the existence of God.
>Knows it.
>Internal suffering.
>But Christians are retarded.
>Mfw

Christians (and members of pretty much every other religion) believe for the sake of willful ignorance. They can't come to terms with the fact that in death there is nothing.

Who believes in aliens?! You are just making shit up now. Playing to your strengths as a christian I guess.

How would you go about explaining things like Remote Viewing and the universality of DMT experiences? The soul can very well live outside of the body.