What would be the consequence of such a pill? I mean obviously the number of rapes reported would suddenly decrease

What would be the consequence of such a pill? I mean obviously the number of rapes reported would suddenly decrease.

Do you think it would be made illegal?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estimated_number_of_guns_per_capita_by_country
bbc.com/news/magazine-38365729
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That'd be pretty fucking neato if it was just 24 hours

bump

It’s called Xanax and alcohol

Already exists. Blood alcohol of .10 - .15 then add 3-4 ambien and wait 30 minutes. Not 24 hours but 4-6 hrs memory will be gone.

GHB, Rohypnol, Ketamine, lots of anesthetics. tons of drugs impair memory creation.

i would take so many pills that o forget the last 24 years blyad

it already exists
its already illegal

No, just rarely prescribed.

It would be for people that saw a gory accident, were tortured something like that.

You're all missing the point. The makeup of the pill isn't important. This is what's important:
>Pill gets invented that makes a person completely forget the last 24 hours.
>Anyone could obtain said pill.
>In what ways would this invention fuck with society?

Ever heard of prescription?

>Do you think it would be made illegal?

yes, but the government would still use it.

You must be very naive if you think a prescription blocks people from getting otherwise illegal pills...

/thread

wait... so in the scenario it would erase memories already formed, and not prevent new ones from being made? drugs don't work like that. you're thinking of a concussion. also, as others have already pointed out, xanax pretty much does that.

depends on the production cost and quantity on the market.

If the production cost is 4ct, I give you that.
It's essentially the same as the gun-availability-problem:
It's VERY hard to find an illegal gun in Japan, but very easy in Texas.

It would be great for PTSD prevention.

Suffer a trauma and take a pill. Wake up with no horrific memories to haunt you.

>Do you think it would be made illegal?

of course. I once read something about drug researcher trying to develop a drug to increase female libido. They became worried it might be used for date rape and abandoned the research.

>I mean obviously the number of rapes reported would suddenly decrease.
Fewer rapes? But isn't that a good thing?

This is nothing new.

What we are talking about here are two different possible concept:

1. Take a pill - next 24h is forgotten

not

2. 24h pass - Take pill and forget the previous 24h

OP's case is 1.
If it was 2 - it would be some Black Mirror shit.

No, it's just fewer rapes reported, user, because the rapist gives the victim the pill so they can't remember. If anything there would be more rapes, albeit unreported, because rapists would now have an easy, non-lethal way of making sure their victims don't try to find them.

key word in that sentence: "reported".
and it's unlikely, because this drug would probably cost more than your average rapist is willing to dish out.

Millions of pregnant 8 year olds.

I think OP's case is 2, since the image says "in the last 24 hours", and "last" would mean "previous." Think of the Amnesia drink in Amnesia: The Dark Descent.

should this now victim-less crime be punishable?

This shit already exists. You're a fucking moron.

implying rapist are intelligent people.
remember receiving anal make it kind of painful for a while.

Not exactly victimless. The victim might not have lasting trauma, but what about impregnation, or STDs? Of course it should still be punishable. Just because someone doesn't remember their suffering doesn't mean it didn't happen. If you kill someone, they're not going to remember it, but you still killed someone. You could argue that this is different because when someone is killed their family suffers, but it's still wrong to rape.

I'm in Japan right now, and you're a moron. Guns are legal here for hunting, and it's not really that difficult to get a permit. There's over 100k registered owners of guns. Gun deaths also happen all the time (just not in the same quantities as in other countries). It's also common knowledge that a lot of yakuza have guns as a MAD-like deterrent.

Stop trying to act smart with cursory knowledge.

>If anything there would be more rapes, albeit unreported, because rapists would now have an easy, non-lethal way of making sure their victims don't try to find them.
You don't say! Thanks for explaining, Autismo.

>key word in that sentence: "reported".
You really can't read between the lines, can you?

fact about HIV,
the hiv insert is own rna into our dna,
and when they replicate a part of our dna stay with the virus, this mean the next person who is gonna be infected gonna have that part of dna too, this mean we can find who gave the HIV to that person by doing blood test.

>Gun deaths also happen all the time

They have less than 2 gun homicides per year and one of the lowest guns per capita. Nice try fag.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estimated_number_of_guns_per_capita_by_country
bbc.com/news/magazine-38365729

Not if I'm the one doing it.

Reporting are different. Suicides aren't included in homicides, neither are accidents. Also, when I said all the time, I meant on a regular basis, as in "not so rare no one has heard of it." You see them on the news every once in a while. Or are you now an expert on a country where you don't even know the language?

The difference in gun violence is purely a societal one. Not difficulty in obtaining said gun.

論破されてどんな気分?

No it doesn't you tard.

You are talking such bullshit.

Suicide with guns in Japan is extremely rare, less than 2% of all suicides. (see pic, Data from the Center for Suicide Prevention)

The SCP foundation has had Class B Amnestics for years now.

I keep forgetting about it though

You just realized you admitted that if suicides are 1-2% it's higher than your 2 a year figure, right? Anyway, my main point is that it's not difficult to obtain a gun, just no one does it. If you're a criminal, you could just steal one, too. It's a societal difference. Just like there was a mass killing the other day in the news here. 8 people were killed.

Anyway, why are you trying to purport that you even know anything about Japan? That's like looking at pictures on the internet and suddenly declaring yourself an expert on South Africa.

そもそもさ、日本語分からないのにどうやって日本のこと分かるっていうの?
外国の組織の調査とか当てにならないに決まってるじゃん
ばかじゃないの?