Nujabes

People here try to insult nujabes music by calling it entry level and basic, but fail to present instrumental hip hop that satisfies the vibe and mood of Nujabes' music and surpasses it in quality.

discuss

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6t8jXC_Hktk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

its the original lo-fi hip hop video game streamers choice of music
nothing to discuss besides it sounds "chill"

I've never seen anyone insult Nujabes its just been discussed to death there is nothing left in the well besides saying yeah that's a pretty good album

if you want some similar stuff check out Uyama Hiroto or Haruka Nakamura

the vibe is hooky kooky kawaii anime happy time and I don'f think anybody else wants to touch that with a ten foot pole

just listen to madlib

No one insults Nujabes man, what are you on

this lo-fi hip hop comparison is really doing a lot of disservice to people like Dilla and Nujabes.

and as for your second point I disagree, but even if I did agree it's not like that's below the average quality of music discussion on Sup Forums

from what I can tell everything is insulted on here, especially instrumental hip hop

Jurassic 5 were far better for smooth samples underneath interesting lyrics.

Nujabes is a pioneer of Lo-Fi Hip Hop and he had a great ear for samples, also his death created a special fanbase.

>this lo-fi hip hop comparison is really doing a lot of disservice to people like Dilla and Nujabes.
I don't see how? majority of fans of nujabes listen to him while playing video games or studying for homework. nothing wrong with that.
no idea why you added dilla?

I do listen to Madlib, his music serves a different purpose than Nujabes for me. Also just because Nujabes is japanese doesn't mean his music comes with the standard weeb appeal.

I'm not sure how to respond other than say I have, and enough to want to post the op

Because the average "24 hour lo-fi hip hop study mix" has nothing on Nujabes' work, simple as that.
I only mentioned Dilla because the two are lumped together a lot when discussed, now that I think about not sure why I felt the need to.

I have never seen somebody talk shit about nujabes or his stuff tho

you've never seen someone call it "just plain old lofi hip hop, or beattape dilla copypasta?"

i finally listened to donuts and thought it was complete and utter shit
now i'm afraid to listen to nujabes

>taking copypastas seriously

>first time

i'm saying people call nujabes copypasta of dilla.

>Michita
>Blue in Green
>Kondor
>Marcus D
>Blazo
>JK Soul
>Bonus Points
>Re:plus
>Whitesmith
All are at least as good as Nujabes and can match his style. You can move on now.

But wait there's more
>Dj Okawari
>Raujika
>Acchi
>Kenichiro Nishihara
youtube.com/watch?v=6t8jXC_Hktk

Why do people call nuja's music "lofi hiphop" it's nothing like the sound lofi hiphop is known for

>donuts
>shit
Donuts is something you have to put the work in to appreciate
Start by listening to the samples dilla used on the album
Also donuts has some fire ass beats regardless

Yeha I don't know why either. Same with Dilla. Both had periods of "lo-fi" ( i use that term very loosely). Dilla moreso than nujabes moved away from the jazz, rhodes invested beats after the 90's. I guess it's what people like the most from them both. Nujabes never really had any affect on me. Dilla blows him out of the water.

>the vibe is hooky kooky kawaii anime happy time
Confirmed for never having listened to nujabes.

Literally none of these are as good as nujabes.

haven't you figured out by now that this board is full of retarded snowflakes who judge the quality of music based on how mainstream it is?

DJ Okawari is the fucking worst.
Kenchiro is ok.
Haven't listen to the other two, but the mixing on that track you linked is kinda weak.

Do you guys prefer his mid 2000's more hiphop with jazz samples style
Or his later uyama imitation style

Prefuse 73, by miles

>endtroducing: not Innovative
>donuts: all the beats sound the same
>modal Music: lo-fi hip hop

/mu

uyama hiroto better

nujabes is weeb fuel in no small part because of his lolsochill aesthetic which appeals to neurotic weebs and the use of his music in samurai champloo

retard

this. although nujabes has superior individual tracks

best album

you're a nigger

FUCK
OFF

and you're a racist idiot
leave and never come back
>hip hop doesn't want you
>you parents didn't want you either

Yafuckhead Strayan

nujabes is trash

I have never got Nujabes. I listen to a load of instrumental hip hop and even quite alot of Japanese hip hop and this guy just struck me as glorified elevator music. It's just mediocre and boring.

I've tried on several occasions over the past 12 years to listen to one of his albums without turning it off but i lose everytime.

>No one insults Nujabes man, what are you on

LOL look at this thread

>t.i have ADD

>not like that's below the average quality of music discussion on Sup Forums

>people arguing what looped samples sound more weeby

>Sup Forums

The amount of shit talking on here is incredible. I should shut up I'm not much better. The mods know who I am and I know who they are.

>Notice how pop sensible this discussion is.

This place is "the yard".

i wouldnt call it happy, more like stoic, even melancholic

and theres nothing wrong with liking japanese music

I really like luv sic

second this bro. nujabes and shing02 were like a match made in heaven