Hey Sup Forums

hey Sup Forums

I'm an Air Force Officer Select, currently 23 years old. My plan is to do my 20 years in the force and save all the money I can, retire at 43, move to Montana or Idaho or somewhere relatively cold, cheap, and deserted (currently living in California, hate everything about it), build my own house with my own hands, retire happily and smoke weed everyday worry free, without kids and wife.

How does that sound? Anyone else with any similar plans?

doit just wrap up the johnson while active duty. no clingers

That was my plan in high school. Join the Navy and retire after twenty years. I fucked up my leg really really bad and now have a permanent limp. Dude go for it!

Do you get an erection dropping bombs on innocent Syrian children?

Sounds good but with kid and wife

My biggest concern is that I'm gonna become a retard and get married. Any ideas how I can make sure I don't fall into the trap, user?

me too, currently enlisted tho

As a matter of fact, I do. I also want to get a battlefield job so I can personally kill muzzies.

not a bad idea at all! my friend's dad was in the air force and helped bomb the drug cartels/factories and then he transitioned to being a commercial airpilot and makes a shit ton of money from investments, so it's definitely possible, just be smart, save where you can, and enjoy yourself! good luck user!

Always my dream. Nearly word for word.

Had a baby at age 18 and dashed those dreams.

Do it for all of us user

what are you going to do with your free time after retirement?

>I was an adventurer until I took an arrow to the knee

I’m an enlisted marine. Want t leave afte r4 years, get my pilots license then come back as an officer/ pilot, do my 20 then smoke weed and not have kids. So same type thing you’re just farther along than me Op

I'll do it user. I know there will be a lot of obstacles between me and my dreams, but I'll overcome them.

I really like woodworking. I was thinking I might just craft chairs, tables and what not as a hobby and to make some side money out of it. Other than that, hunting, fishing, camping etc.

Thanks for your service user. How's the quality of life in the Marines? I hear you get treated like dog shit is that true? Why didn't you choose another branch?

Being a marine is work. Every day you’re on base you have to watch your ass and be on your best behavior. Of course you can fuck around, and you have good fun with good friends, but you all know it’s bussiness. Also you have to train your ass off because you get scored based on physical ability tests. So as long as you stay fit and do what you’re supposed to you can live a good life.
Why would I join any other branch? This is THE military branch. In other ones your pretty much still a civilian. Here there is hard structure.

As long as you dont get killed by North Koreans or some sand nigger when you're deployed

I'm on terminal leave from the Air Force now. Absolutely hated it, granted I'm enlisted and on the flightline. Don't become a maintenance officer; you'll hate your life and we tend to make it worse. We're pretty close to the pilots and have great rrelationships, so we don't really respect the proper customs and courtesies since the enlisted/officer line is blurred. Maintenance officers tend to not like that, but we won't change and we won't get in trouble. So, if you are going to be an mx officer, be chill and you'll like it much better.

Was my plan too officer as well and was going good until I caught some stomach shit while in Afghanistan (should of thought twice about those weird ass looking pistachios) now I'm out and get some shitty VA benefits and stuck working corporate until I die.

Depends on what you want to do. I suggest going Reserve or Guard, having an actual job making better money and doing military on the side until you feel like retiring. Best advice: The Air Force is run like a corporation. Keep that mentality in mind and you're golden.

>10 year enlisted vet

thank you for serving

Currently almost 30 and thinking about joining. I have a M.S. in the science field (biology), but want to go into the Navy and be a plumber. I want to learn a useful skill in day to day life and travel the world. No one fucking asks me to sequence a gene or extract genomic DNA so fuck me.

Just don't let them know you're a frogposter. You could get discharge for that.

The drones can't really tell the difference between a Syrian schoolyard and an Al-Qaeda training camp, and I just push the button so don't look at me.