What type of alcohol is popular in your country?

Why is drinking alcohol so popular?

I understand drinking beer and wine, because those can actually taste decent, but hard liquor is fucking trash and mostly tastes like shit.

If I want to get drunk, I can drink a cheap bottle of $5-10 wine, and it will taste far superior to any hard liquor I can get. Sure if I buy a $20 bottle of Vodka or something I could probably get drunk 3-4 times with the hard liquor while the bottle of wine will only get me drunk once, it still tastes like shit.

The only decent hard liquor I've had is Jack Daniels and even that will make me puke if I have enough of it. Wine and beer never makes me puke, because it doesn't taste like shit.

I literally just bought some Absolut Vodka, one of the better brands, and it tastes even worse than I remember. It's like drinking fucking rubbing alcohol.

Because good tasting hard liquor is way too expensive.

Also thats why people tend to mix it with soft drinks. I personally love gin tonics.

I can drink anything dry i am the guy that shows up to party and chugs a moonshine bottle
In my group of friens everbody drinks the cheapest lager and moonshine

Mixing is for pussybois

How is wine anyway
Never tasted wine

Jack daniels is shit whiskey btw

It's like really light grape juice with a slightly alcoholic taste.

It probably is but it's still better than vodka.

No
NoNo
You sound like those people who only drink cider and alcopops

This.

Vodka is worst liquor you have shit taste

I don't know what either of that shit is

But vodka is way fucking shittier than whiskey
this

vodka has no taste

it tastes like rubbing alcohol

THIS
gopd vodka is liking drinking water

Trying to find a vid of my chugging moonshine min

Vodka is supposed to be drunk ice cold and with appropriate snacks, then it's delicious.

i feel like drinking liquor ice cold only makes the burning feeling worse.

Nah. If it's a good vodka you can have it pocket warm and you won't be even making faces after the first shot.

sad

voda=water
so yeah

this

Yes, but still it's better to serve it in a proper way.

Try the girly liquors like fireball whiskey or spiced rum. Fireball tastes like you're drinking red hots candy.

fuck off slav, you're not white

so?
whites are weak cucks

Beer
Rum
Brandy
Whiskey
Tequila
Vodka
Mezcal

Beer tastes the worst out of all of that.

>beer
Awful taste
>wine
Worst hangovers
>hard liquor
Goes down easy, makes the job done

Spiced rum, normal rum, white rum, whiskey, cognac, brandy. These are all good. I don't consider any of them girly really.

Vodka just legitimately tastes like rubbing alcohol to me. It's funny because vodka is such a teenage girl/high school kid drink

but there's WAY more alcohols out there with the same % of alcohol out there as vodka that taste better. like jack daniels is seriously so much better than absolut and its the same content

>beer
refreshing, mild taste. goes very good with pizza or a dinner
>wine
tastes even better than beer, little to no hangover, goes good with dinner
>hard liquor
tastes like shit, bad hangover, plus side is it gets you drunk fast and with very little

Hard alcohol is for getting drunk without upsetting your stomach by filling it with too much liquid and such.
Should always be consumed with food imo.

jack daniels is trash though, it's literally undrinkable without coke

Most people mix vodka with juice or something like that to mask the shitty taste.

However, I've had some Ukie vodka which was drinkable by itself

>tasting hard liquor
Just take the shot and down it in one gulp
>with very little
Speak for yourself

Never agreed so much eith slavs

I find it easier to drink Jack daniels as a shot than vodka. It's real easy to go down with coke though.

Jack at least has a sweet taste to it. Vodka is literally like drinking rubbing alcohol. Also you can't really mix vodka with coke or dark pops, you have to mix it with sprite or juice or something
>Speak for yourself
hurr me big man me drink so much im so tough xddd

you know what i meant. it obviously takes less hard liquor vs wine or beer to get drunk

Based Germanbro.

I love Germany. You're so fucking, good man... You're Anglo-Saxons and shit like that, and Nazis were cool man.

Thanks for being such a bro Germany. I love you mate. My grandmother's grandmother's surname was Merkel, so like, I'm related to youre president

u're drunk

Ok, if you insist.

Vodka is nice if you find one you like. There's this Russian or Ukranian one with a wheat stalk in it which I find never gets bad. Absolutt tastes more like rubbing alcohol than anything else.

>Jack at least has a sweet taste to it.
>at least
oh my
looks like you just prefer sweet/sugary drinks

>wine
>tastes even better than beer

No.

Me too, so everything is OK!

Just make sure to drink a lot of Beer to celebrate your heritage.

I am

>Also you can't really mix vodka with coke or dark pops
But you can, you also can mix it with juice or smth else.
You should try to drink vodka with rye bread, pickles or salted herring desu

vodka and coke is nasty to me, it clashes too much.

vodka goes nice with grape juice, orange juice, or something though

and hey. i really like russia, you are beautiful people, and very tough. russians are very good people. youre very cute and beautiful. i like russian girls.

wine

>Vodka is like drinking fucking rubbing alcohol.
>like

>drinking alcohol
>lowering your testosterone
>inhibiting protein synthesis
>decreasing REM sleep
>ruining your liver and kidneys

Literally why? I understand going out for a celebratory drink or two, but why do people over indulge with alcohol? Even if you are depressed and trying to suppress you emotions, there are better, less harmful, more pleasureful drugs to choose from.

Anyone who is emotionally healthy should make fitness a priority and cut alcohol out of their diet. A glass of wine is a treat, not something that should be consumed frequently in excess.

>inb4 some drunken Polish retard bases their masculinity off their ability to poison themselves

>vodka with rye bread, pickles
Very good taste.
When drinking vodka with bread make sure to add a lot of butter to your bread for maximum taste.
I also enjoy white bread with Butter and salmon roe with a bit of vodka.

>salmon roe with a bit of vodka
Based

Italians are so fucking based, and i feel like you influnced american culture a lot

we love rocky balboa, sylvester stallone, uncle jesse from full house. italians were popular in the 1980s

and italian women are beautiful , give me a classy italian pure gf !!

haha. we love pizza and spaghetti

btw you guys make pretty good wine and stuff.

italians are based.. i love italy. ancient rome, marioa & luigi!! very ogod

>decreasing REM sleep
so what?

by the way the alcohol is not all the same and don't cause the same issues...

Cause it's fun, socially acceptable, lowers inhibitions, and usually makes for a good story. And it's not like you drink excessively every day, or even drink at all every day.

>more pleasureful drugs to choose from.
please tell me about them.
Weed fucked me up and gave me psychosis btw.
I cant enjoy it at all nowadays, and just feel sick.
Alcohol is always nice and pleasant for me (if I don't overdrink).

>or even drink at all every day.
Speak for yourself

>tfw
you not fully realize if you are reading a pasta or not

>that one straightedge faglord

That depends on social class and age (beer - young lower class people, liquor - young middle class people, wine - older people in general). I'm a beer drinker.

I find it interesting that we have no drinking culture in Slovenia, unlike in Poland, Turkey, Russia, Serbia, etc. in the sense that a certain alcoholic drink would have a prescribed method of serving, accompanying snacks and even music associated with its imbibing. We NEVER eat when drinking, unless the occasion is wine-tasting.

I've always thought of vodka as the cauliflower of liquors. It's very plain like rum which is why these are used for mix drinks so often. You can mix whiskey, but I don't feel like it needs anything in addition. I feel the same way about gin, but I've never been able to acquire a taste for it. It tastes medicinal to me.

REM sleep is necessary for recovery. REM sleep is the deep sleep when your body gets the actual rest it needs. Notice how when you get drunk, go to sleep and wake up still tired?

For a Scandinavian, this makes sense. You live in a country that is too cold to go outside and the people are not open to making friends with strangers. I am lucky enough to live in an area with good weather, beautiful nature and outgoing people.

Honestly, I feel bad for Norwegians and Swedes. Your countries have such beautiful nature, but you must not be able to enjoy it most of the year because it is too cold.

Try mushrooms. I've only had a few experiences with mushrooms, but taking 3.5 grams and listening to music alone was the absolute most fun I've ever had. If you are doing them with friends, consider only 2 grams for your first time. Also, they may be difficult to find in Germany, but they are easy to obtain in Amsterdam.

kys you worthless Pole

Also, not straightedge. There are better drugs out there than alcohol. If I'm going to put something unhealthy in my body, it better be worth it. In terms of a "pleasure to physical harm" ratio, alcohol ranks pretty fucking low.

>Also, they may be difficult to find in Germany
>american education

If I'm not drunk enough after a 6 pack I will break out the big guns so I can get proper shit faced

Yeah, I must have fell asleep in high school when they were teaching us what drugs I can find in Germany

Surely my behavior would not be tolerated in Slovakia

It's not too cold. If we lived like that then we wouldn't be living at all. There's a Scandinavian saying that goes like this: "there is no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothes", and we live by that winter and summer.
Also this thing about us never talking to strangers is bullshit. We don't usually talk to strangers unless we have a reason to, but we are not difficult to befriend, and we don't go around actively avoiding others.

The mushrooms you're talking about grows in my backyard. I'll try them one of these days when they sprout, but my neighbour once did and he never came down from that high.

well, not everyone is a junkie trash like you

Try mead, it's made from honey

not pasta. i just love italians and im drunking

Nope, not a junkie. I have a stable job and strong relationships with my family and friends. I am perfectly healthy. My recreational drug use takes no toll on my health or my life.

You're just butthurt because you are some stinky Pole who has to drown your sorrows with cheap vodka because you are too poor to afford anything better.

>projecting this much
looks like someone is very insecure

He's butthurt since you are directly contributing to an illicit and organized crime network on both the local and international level when you are buying illegal narcotics. Which is opposed to alcohol which is usually taxed and regulated heavily, and does not directly contribute to any illegal activities.

>If I'm not drunk enough after a 6 pack I will break out the big guns so I can get proper shit faced

The thing is I never drink beer to get drunk because by the time you get to a point of even being anywhere near drunk on beer, you get sick of drinking beer.

I can only drink 3 beers at a time before i get sick/bored of drinking them and start feeling full.

I usually get drunk off of like 3 mixed drinks of hard liquor (filling about 1/4 of a cup) or just drink a bottle of wine.

Mixing beer and hard liquor gives you a worse hangover btw. You're not supposed to drink multiple types of alc

People would be puzzled by your notion that shrooms are hard to come by in any given European country, that's for sure.

Projecting is the adult way of saying "I know what you are, but what am I"

Not an argument, you stinky Pole

Exactly this, my European friend, I'm very concerned about international safety, and strongly condemn any criminal activities that could potentially cause great deal of harm or suffering.

water >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> everything

whatever helps you sleep at night, my generously sized friend

Kudos to the Pole for ironically acting out the stereotypical but outdated socially conservative Eastern European bonehead stereotype.

>tfw always ignore redditspacing posts
improves your lives, lads. Anyways, OP you're underaged, for sure. I have literally never met an underaged that didn't have this opinion. By the time you hit the age you can actually consume alcohol legally you'll see that your tastes have changed and you'll be able to enjoy different drinks easier.
I prefer beer myself desu, but if I had a alcohol to choose from i'd choose vodka. Goes well with natural fruit juices (not that sunny d shit) and tonic water.

I'm 21 you fucking smug old senile faggot. Not my fault you have shit taste in alcohol.

so you just recently are able to legally buy alcohol?
truly we have a connoisseur here

prove it fagiit

post identification now

I had a Polish friend once who wanted me to drunk the vodka he brought from home

I'm half convinced he just gave me paint thinner really

>posting identification on Sup Forums

i dont give a fuck if you don't believe me, being old isn't something special

you just have shit alcohol taste

Vodka has a bitter after taste, try rum or cachaça, they're very sweet

Rum is very good.

Dunno what the fuck cachaca is, never heard of it

Brazilians have nice asses and generally are pretty funny/cool guys. so thanks brazilbro.

most of the slavs are mad because i have insulted their vodka

i'm very saddened to hear about your negative experiences
keep in mind, poland is the birthplace and one of the main producers of vodka, that includes both the cheapest ones as well as more expensive, luxurious types, therefore your experience can vary greatly

>tfw 22
then you either have shit taste or have shit taste and don't drink often and come to talk about something you know nothing of

You have the shit taste, my immature wannabe big boy friend. Sad, sad little man that you are.

Shut up, both you faggot have shit taste

>pic related

you can taste my shit *unzips pants* shoves butthole in your face

I like vodka specifically because it has no real taste. Every other hard liquor I have tried just tastes like shit flavour wise. At least vodka is clean tasting.

The taste of vodka is rubbing alcohol.

Do you drink cognac? If so, what is your favorite?

Shitty vodka does. Good vodka is smooth and does have distinctive taste. Pretty much all the popular vodkas are garbage.

I'm curious what your thoughts would be on Everclear?

Grey Goose is popular and good. I kinda like plain Absolut as well, unlike the OP.

>Alcohol by volume: 95% or 75.5%

Never had it but I can tell it definitely tastes like actual shit

>tfw never drink cognac

it's not supposed to be drunk clean, it's for mixing or medical purposes