Which European country produces the best cheese?

Which European country produces the best cheese?

Other urls found in this thread:

gff.co.uk/norwegian-blue-cheese-named-world-champion/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queso_blanco
a-fromage.co.jp/
worldstopexports.com/cheese-exports-country/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Without lying France

We do
t. World best cheese from my state

italy

>Nordic cheese

lel, but the funny thing is that Normandy in France produces a lot and good cheeses thanks to vikings heritage

Greece. Fucking Greece. Why does no one ever say Greece? Fuck Germanic off-brand cheddar and fuck French penicillin-butter. The only thing that comes close to feta in perfection is parmesan

France or England.

gff.co.uk/norwegian-blue-cheese-named-world-champion/

>French penicillin-butter
Did you know that France has about 1 200 cheeses listed by a pro agency ? Many varieties

Best tasting cheese. I love how thin slices just melt on your tounge like a candy.

Faroe Islands

I only eat blue cheese

Your cheese coast 12 euros 750 grammes in France (well only one site sell this) . How do you pays for 750 grammes ?

as any proper european should tell you, it is subjective. there are a bajillion different kinds of cheese, so it depends on which type you like the most.

here's a basic chart with the most popular types. personally i like serra da estrela cheese a lot, its not on the list (amerilards dont know shit about cheese anyway) but fyi it is a very soft and made of sheep milk

once upon a time it was us. nowadays france and italy

t. Lactobacillus bulgaricus

>How do you pay 12Euro
Well, pull out your card and pay
Easy as that

Can't remember the price, but it's certainly cheaper than 12 euros. I think around 8-10 euros is accurate in Norway.

I'm suprised they sell it in France though, didn't know anyone outside Norway enjoyed it.

Yes but I just want to know how you pay, to compare

You mean how much?

Oh the difference is small. Maybe I will buy it to try

I think Pierre here means 'What you pay'

Last World Cheese Awards (2016) top16

1 of austria
1 switzerland
1 italy
1 norway
1 australia
1 belgium
1 uk
2 france
7 spain

Yes, I just wanted to know the price in Norway.

Tastes great with any kind of bread, but if you just want to snack it then make sure to slice it up into thin slices. Really brings out the flavour.

750g is 4 EUR in the UK.

>World Cheese Awards
their rating system is fucking retarded. how the hell do you compare a hard cheese made of goat milk to queijo fresco per example?

you can't. they are all made out of milk but the end product is completely different.

America

do you have many of that kind on the pic aka white cheese?

that is what i was talking about. look here:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queso_blanco

Is easy, best > worst

There are diferent specifications in this awards by typus, regions, etc, but after this they make a general ranking

Shelf life after opening , if you know ?

I actually don't know. I eat it up before it spoils. But I've had a block sit safely in the fridge for at least a few weeks without the taste going bad.

>God tier
France because of variety on top of excellence

>great tier
Switzerland
Netherlands (only hard cheese)

>good tier
Greece
Italy

>okay tier
Poland, Germany and Scandinavians

>DISGUSTING TIER
UK AND ITS FUCKING CHEDDAR

In my personal opinion it's the dutch, but objectively it's Italy. I mean, everywhere outside europe italian cheeses are the most popular by far ,parmisan, mozarela, gorgonzola, provolone, just to name a few. Meanwhile a non european would have trouble naming a french/anglo cheeses that's not camembert/cheddar, which are niche cheeses.

Yes, the most know here in spain is queso de burgos

> non european would have trouble naming a French/anglo cheeses

Camembert
Roquefort
Bleu
Brie
Crottin
Emmental
Gruyère
Reblochon
Marouale
St-felicien
Neuchâtel
Goudda
Masdam

>Plebs from third world shitholes have pleb opinions on food.

What a surprise.

We do, we produce more types than the frogs and we all know everyone likes cheddar.

Gee, Tunisia, you sure do know a lot about France!

I think a more interesting question would be what are your favourite cheeses.

Cabecou and conte here

oh shit so that's what mexican cheese is

Of course you know these because you're somewhat cultured, but the normal person has never heard of such cheeses since they are so niche. I said italian cheese are the most popular because you could go to fucking anywhere in the world and there would be plenty of italian cheeses available at the local supermarkets.

Brillat-savarin
Very creamy, particular taste and very caloric

Not a pleb, just stating the truth my anuran friend

I have a delicate palate that is educated to the greatness and variety of French dairy delicacies

>plenty of Italian cheese
Grinded cheese isn't cheese. And you didn't even mention ricotta, which is probably the most well known Italian cheese after parmegiano

Doesn't look very enticing but I'll try it, is it strong ?

It has a taste but strong I don' t know. Honnestly it's good

Gruyere, Gouda, Camembert and Roquefort are very well known, also parmesano, provolone, sardo and mozzarella (which some people dont even see as cheese, they say things like "pizza is made with mozzarella, not with cheese")

Nah m8 you're not a pleb and you have the right to have an opinion. But saying Italian cheeses are the best because you can find some in your supermarket is wrong imo. I mean of course uneducated people will know more about pizza topping than actual cheese.

I didnt say they are the best in my opinion, I said they are the most popular world wide. I fucking love Edam cheese and Cablanca.

it's very clearly us

and then france in close second

everyone else is irrelevant

this
England alone has more cheese than any other country, and makes the best/most popular kinds

NYC. Cheese so good the rats take the whole pizza.

The best is Japan with french expat strenght

a-fromage.co.jp/

French microcheeseries taste unironically the best

Gouda and Maasdam are Dutch

delet this post

england

Go away murica. Poland can into space more than you can into cheeses.

Who are the people in the photo?

Bless Nederlands for Gouda

ummm america has won the most international cheese competitions sweetie

We

I like slovak cheese the most, but objectively France by far.

C'mon, one of the few things UK can brag about Food related are her cheese.

We really do but everyone hates us so they won't admit it.

Of course, lots of food in Mexico and america at large have Iberian influence, like they food did with europe.

Dunno, my favorites are queso de tetilla, cheddar and grana padano.

France I'd say

I buy leerdammer emmental slices every week cos Im a lazy faggot who eats only self made cheap sandwiches

fuck you oscypek strong

Is feta the best cheese you ever had?

Fucking depressing

Cyprus you fucking plebs

I know they're Dutch. I also threw a Swiss cheese in there.

France and the UK joint first.

Different cheeses have different roles.

But Dutch cheese is the world standard.

Poland

Laughing at the British.

worldstopexports.com/cheese-exports-country/

The British think they are relevant, whike in reality they have been #BELARUSED

Just because the world doesn't eat Stilton and Wensleydale doesn't mean our cheese is shit.

I really like Feta so I'll go with Grease

Im not saying your cheeses are shit. But multiple British posters here like to pretend other countries are irrelevant when it comes to cheeses, while you guys are on par with Belaruse.

Best tier
>France
>Italy

Decent tier
>Belgium
>Netherlands

Rest is OK

The 2 real questions is who buy german cheeses and what are german cheeses ?

I mean you know a german cheese ?

Kontkaas
Tenenkaas
Kopkaas

I have to agree hands down.
Our cheese is vulgar and unrefined, it pales in comparison.

Name some Belarusian or Kiwi cheese then mate

That weird processed shit in the shape of a sausage

There's no doubt that they're better than US cheeses.

I like gorgonzola

Name one British cheese.

Ehh plastic cheddar on cheese burgers.

Greece

Russian cheese > the rest

>plastic cheddar on cheese burgers

If you're going to discuss cheese at least know what you're fucking talking about mate.

That isn't cheddar, it's processed shitty cheese, the yanks call it 'american cheese' or 'imitation cheese'.

If anything Dutch cheese is like plastic, why does it all have the same texture? Looks like soap.

I dont know any German cheeses desu.

My post was a bad joke. It means:
ass cheese (crusty poop on your ass)
toe cheese
head cheese (on your penis)

I got it when I copy paste on google.
In my opinion the german cheese exported is processed cheeses like the guy said Germans have good industry in every field

pic

>God tier
France

>Very good tier
Spain
Switzerland
Dutch/Belgian

>Good tier
Italy
Greece

>Meh tier
Others

italians have a wider variety of more refined cheese offerings really
I use them in the kitchen just as much (or even more) than the various greek cheeses, although many are similar

i am greek

>But multiple British posters here like to pretend other countries are irrelevant when it comes to cheeses
Why do Europeans constantly project so hard onto others?
You do it with the Americans as well

In the Netherlands Dutch cheeses are for on bread breakfast and lunch. And with beer bites.
Italian cheeses sometimes with dinner.
And French cheeses for guests (on small toast).

Chaource
Beaufort
Comté
Roquefort

However a cheese really need the adequate ageing and temparature to be at its best, so I'm quite picky about it. Unsufficiently aged cheeses are quite shit.
Some cheeses are more affected by those parameters. Stuff like Cantal or Saint-Nectaire are godlike when eaten in good conditions.

Famous cheeses whose names are well known outside France, like Camembert or Reblochon, are vastly overrated.