Anyone else ever get sick of hearing racist lyrics or Nazi themes in a lot of black metal? I know for me...

Anyone else ever get sick of hearing racist lyrics or Nazi themes in a lot of black metal? I know for me, it can just get really frustrating to listen to a really musically talented band (like Burzum or Darkthrone) but then have to deal with their idiotic Nazi and racial themes. Morally, I can't stand it, and it's tough for me to even listen most times. Bear in mind, I'm aware that a lot of white power themes are in plenty of genres other than black metal, I don't mean to pick on it, but for the most part, there's a real abundance of racial hate that just pisses me off in black metal. Anyone else feel the same way?

Other urls found in this thread:

blackmetalalliance.bandcamp.com/track/ar-te-beneath-the-pond
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How intolerant of you

yes it's extremely problematic

No, you baby

Yeah it sucks but I like the genre enough that I ignore it

FOR MEEEEEEEEE

reddit pussy

>mentally ill men who dress up in costumes
>neo-Nazis
Really zips the nips

>hearing lyrics
>black metal
anyway varg is a lil racist but his views are mostly just nationalist, e.g. supports preservation of culture rather than wanting to kill minorities

you can tell when heavily reverbed howling is racist and when it isn't just by listening to it?

>I like black metal but I can't handle hateful music
Leave the hall if you're going to be a pussy about it, or just separate the music from the ideology. Wagner still gets plenty of praise and he was antisemitic. Pretty soon you'll just start hating bands even if they SOUND like they could be Nazis (see Darkthrone.) Black metal isn't some safe space for you to bitch about the parts you don't like.
Pic related isn't NSBM and is a top notch black metal album.

lol what a faggot. It's just music, and if you cant get inspired by some nazi fueled mayhem maybe you should listen to some friendlier music. btw im jewish.

>bill burr

nationalism is inherently racist lmao

bump

There is significantly more black metal with absolutely no racist or Nazi themes. However, you will be missing out on quite a few decent bands if you want to avoid it completely, which is why you should at least consider bands like Graveland, Burzum, or Nokturnal Mortum, where the artists might have different political views, but they do not show those views in their music. That's different from bands like Kristallnacht, who are genuine NSBM.

John Lennon once said "Imagine there's no country, it's easy if you try," and I feel like, everything could be so much easier sometimes I guess, like simpler

>weekly refugee attacks in Europe
>"Man, I really wish we didn't have walls or borders. It would be so much simpler"
Borders exist for your protection, you cuck. People are evil. Life isn't sunshine and rainbows. We wouldn't need borders or security if humans were perfect, but they're not. I'm sorry reality isn't perfect.

John Lennon was an antisemitic, homophobic, wife-beating, womanizing thief. Fuck John Lennon.

still best beatle

How the fuck is Burzum or Darkthrone nazi-themed
Varg doesn't even go political with Burzum

wtf i love john lennon now

just stick to your liturgys and your sunbathers you little faggot

Listen to this. Its so good you won't give a shit about how racist it is. Also Famine doesn't like it if people listen to his music on digital format, so basically you're doing him a disfavor.

If black metal is too offensive for you stop listening.

haha good job dude

Varg doesnt even put any of his politics in his music.
Its how i know your bait is weak

i NEED EXAMPLES

i like rabm stuff

blackmetalalliance.bandcamp.com/track/ar-te-beneath-the-pond

>being unable to separate the artist from the art
Pic related is an absolute masterpiece

i know pasta but here's my serious answer: i'm one of those faggots who thinks you shouldn't be racist but i concede that entering a scene that was basically founded on nationalism and going "wait a minute, there's RACISTS in here" is futile/dumb as fuck

i'm not happy about nsbm but they were here first, it's not really up to me to purge them from the scene. you wouldn't go to the Third Annual Gay Cowboy club and go "dae sick of gay cowboys in our club???"

I'm not really into black metal, but in hiphop I feel the same when the rapper goes all racial and calls whites crackers and shit.

whoa bro dude weed lmao haha

No, metal is supposed to be about pushing boundaries and not giving a fuck what other people think
Pussy

Go away, reddit

My main is Vesperian Sorrow
Luckily they ain't about that life

kek, true

Disprove racism

You're just a poser who doesn't understand Black Metal is dark Satanic art that originates from Satan and hate. You listen to music without understanding what it represents. Thanks to infantiles such as yourself I consider resigning from the Black Metal scene, and focus my energy on myself, bettering myself and Satanism.

gtfo

anyone who likes anything is a cuck numale libtard redditor