What went wrong?

roids

Menonlyoilgrapple is not a sport.

After that irish dude left I stopped watching.

mcgregor's wife got pregnant

boring shite

wwe is 10x better. conor just rips off wwe which is why hes the only one thats entertaining

It's not boxing. MMA sounds great on paper but it shit to watch.

MMA is gay

Dana entered into a billion dollar under the table agreement with ESPN to shill sjw women fighters into every main event like 2 months after laughing at the idea of having womens divisions

Yeah a lot of the fights actually turn out to be pretty boring. Often the ones that aren't boring involve less grappling but at that point it's just kickboxing.

I'd rather watch blacks fight in Worldstar desu

dudes finally figured out that mma is kind of gay and a LOT of homosexuals watch it to jerk off

Go kick rocks, nerds.

Is this true leaf? How do you know?
>Watching women's anything

it was born

The Fertittas bamboozled WME and they're killing the business trying to squeeze money out of it before it falls back into being a 4th tier sport.

Spread itself too thin

Explain

Bump

too many whites beating up innocent church going, charity giving, future rocket pyramid scientist blacks a beating.

went the way of boxing
>vacated titles
>interim belts
>people ducking eachother left and right to preserve their records
>state athletic commissions robbing fighters through bad decisions
>people holding out for more money on safer fights with palookas
>stepping stones/gate keepers getting multiple shots and chances while contenders have to wait until next year

and they managed all this without the cancer that is boxing promoters.
but thats what happens when your entire business model is built by boxing promoters.
that being said....still not as corrupt as boxing.

What about women's volleyball?

and UFC is still breaking sales records in arenas and PPV buys.

rly makes u stink

Women's MMA is usually crap but the fight from the WebM was really good

It's fighters are still fighting for peanuts and it's biggest star it's begging Mayweather for an ass beating/paycheck

True, all the big draw in MMA have copied shit from WWE (McGregor, Sonnen) or been involved in it (Brock)

>begging
conor likes swinging his nuts around

>It's fighters are still fighting for peanuts
Same with boxing, ufc tries to employ entertainment values on it and hype dudes up even if they suck, or ppv buys and so um. go suck arem's jew cock.

there hasn't been an exciting generational renewal, nobody gives a shit about the current mass produced brand of fighters

it simply was cooler when it was a styles tourney

Boxers make a significant amount more money than UFC fighters.

UFC only begun entering the maintstream due to the Stefan Bonnar v Forrest Griffin fight

That was due to STRIKING and displays of HEART.

From there the new fans were told that wrestling and BJJ was somehow interesting or an "excellent display of technical skills"

It was boring.

GSP would wrestle fuck everything that moved and was only popular because of his streak. Anderson Silva would strike but not speak English and acted like a fucking spastic and alienated a lot of fans.

Rhonda came along and made it interesting when she went on a run with the mythos of Olympia behind her.

Connor beat some bums with striking and was entertaining because striking is entertaining.

So what did we learn?

Audiences want striking or win streaks. Win streaks don't happen 99% of the time, so you better make striking.

UFC doesn't reward striking because wrestlers get rewarded for lay and do nothing. So most fights are boring.

Audiences feel bored and commentators can't convince them they're witnessing an "excellent technical display of high level jiu jitsu/wrestling" because even if they were they wouldn't care.

You could show me "excellent technical magic the gathering" and I won't become entertained. I'm entertained by what is entertaining.

lack of superstars

Failed to sign prime Feder

that's 10/10 camera work right there.

Manhug is NOT a sport

professionalism ruined ufc.. it has already peaked unless they want to WWE it even more.

what people tuned in to see was excitement , SWANGIN AND BANGIN, not "highly skilled technicians" playing it safe with specialized wrestling and fagjitsu skills. they want to see blood and guts warriors and ko's.

the politics doesnt help but the "professionalism" is even worse. the meme peaked during the woodley/wonderboy rematch.

This

MMA suxxx

I still dont understand how people watch this. every fight seems to be two guys wrastling on the ground. very boring

Since America is slowly becoming majority homosexual and Mexican I'm sure this sport will continue to grow

Mexicans like boxing. Not gayMA

very good post

i blame greg jackson and GSP for this meme taking over the UFC

no one fucking cares who is the best at winning a scoring competition with a bunch of bullshit arbitrary rules in the most energy efficient way

just scrap
just bleed

2018 UFC RULES
>no interim titles, but new champions have a 1 or 2 month bonus from being contested before the shitstorm
>points based on effective damage not number of strike - already in place
>six 5-minute rounds per fight, title fights are 10 rounders
>fight can only finish earlier than the bell if theres a KO, any tko/submission means the opponent loses the round 10/8
>basically just bleed
>just FUCKING BLEED

t. Never fought before.

Lol the top ones, you see how much the undercard fighters make?

Protip: Most of the time it's even worse than the bottom barrel of WSOF

Sauuuuuce on that because Joel Fucking Casamayor made 100 grand fighting Timothy Bradley, what made over a million , on a Pacquiao Marquez undercard.

Brazilian bitch who beat Ronda into retirement made $200k

The Canadian admits watching UFC stiffens his lumber.

lol.

The same thing that happened with F1

Hmmm why did I stop watching?

Too many weight classes(manlets). Too many injuries right before major cards. Relentless plugging of shitty wmma.

Nick Diaz's unfair and unduly long suspension, Fedor's losing streak, Jon Jones being morphed into a boring fighter by Greg Jackson then fucking up with coke.

All of these things. I used to read fucking mma blogs a day and stream DREAM events. Now I barely even know the champs in each division.

This. Conor was lying for weeks straight about ripping off Vinnie Mac's signature walk then finally said YEAH I COPIED HIM LOL.

UFC threads have by far the most threads on Sup Forums. Like every one of their WEEKLY pay per views has 7, 8, 9, 10+ threads dedicated to it

fuck off already with this mangrab

1.USADA
POWER GAP
2.WMMA coupled with #1
3.WME
3.Getting rid of Goldie (not even being ironic)
4. Attempting to tap into the wrong demographics with the PVZ's and sage northcutts of the fighting world

Huh

Nick Diaz is a fucking spastic with little to no athletic ability and it's pathetic that he has such a large following of DUDE WEED 420 BLAZE IT faggots sucking his cock.

Theres an event like every week filled with names nobody cares about. If they kept it to 1 big card every couple months it would be a lot better

Probably used the terminology wrong, but by undercard I was referring more to prelims where the actual cans and up comers tune up fights with cans are

Casamayor-Bradley was second billing/co-main to Pac-Marquez

Overpushed wmma meme
Overpushed 100k PPV buy manlets
100 manlet weight classes (kill straw, fly, and bantam ASAP)
Joe rogaine still not fired
Events seemingly every night with guys no one knows or care about (oversaturation)
50 guys in each weight class, they are just throwing shit at the wall and hoping one of these CAFs has charisma sacrificing quality for quantity
Nonsensical ranking system
Chechen terrorist fighters not banned

USADA
New UFC owners
Connor McGregor

Best MMA is in the small companies/Japan (Rizin Fc). One should look at UFC the way you do at WWE. Both are entertainment brands. I love em both.

Sorry, cross-linked to the wrong post

RIZIN is the future. Can you imagine if this shit happened in America? People would lose thier shit

Didn't push their new stars

why would there be any money in women's mma?
and what could ESPN's angle possibly be?

The slump has nothing to do with Conor being gone. Losing super stars is a good thing for the UFC. When Conor is around interest in UFC dies; people stop caring and PPV numbers plummet. Also, UFC needs to create more fake belts - it will make them even more meaningful and significant. And, most importantly, whenever an interesting/insanely-fucking-profitable story line begins to develop, e.g. Conor winning two belts for the first time in UFC history - they should, within a couple weeks of the event, strip the belts and create a fake ones thereby obliterating any excitement or significance they might carry. Why allow all the drama that would ensure from Conor not defending for an extended period of time when you can just kill all the suspense without making a dime from it? People hate drama. Drama and controversy don't sell, everybody knows this.

There have been three real stars in MMA:
GSP
Brock
Conor

You could include Tito if you want to go back to the Guy Metzger days.
Somehow, a lot of people believed that the sport was the star instead of these guys...until GSP and Brock walked away.
But then they hyped Rousey and because people swallowed that for a while they started to believe that the UFC was the star-making machine.
And then came Conor and everything looked like the GSP/Brock days, only better for the UFC because they had athletes locked into horrible Reebock contracts.
But then Ronda got destroyed by Holly and no one wanted to know about her anymore. Or Holly. Ronda's attraction was being new in a "new" sport.
That left Conor.
And Conor tried to play hard guy with the organization, got spanked by them, fought a couple more times, and fucked off to give birth.
And again it became obvious that the money-generating non-core audience only wants to see Conor, GSP, or Brock, and doesn't care about the sport itself.

No elite athlete is ever going to practice MMA professionally, the sport has nowhere to go.

Its greatest accomplishment was not getting banned by the John McCains of the world.

Don't get me wrong, I love MMA. Istarted Judo at 8. But between heart disease from PED's and shortened lifespans MMA has a limited future.
A lot of parents won't even let their kids play hockey or football anymore, they sure won't let them compete in MMA, so it will always be a 3rd tier sport as far as audience and athletes goes.

>and UFC is still breaking sales records in arenas and PPV buys.

if you can't see that it is in trouble, you are willingly blind

this kind of guy is what's killing mma

just like my animes

Pride failed.

>There have been three real stars in MMA
royce gracie, ken shamrock and tank were bigger than any of these faggots

Pride dies, UFC is shit
K-1 dies, GLORY is shit
say what you want about those japs they certainly know production.

>royce gracie, ken shamrock and tank were bigger than any of these faggots
Colin McGoober is by far the biggest star they've had.

not really, even tito ortiz was a bigger star among the general public, nobody outside fight fans have a clue who connor mcfaggot is

>nobody outside fight fans have a clue who connor mcfaggot is
'no'

Maybe not in Spain, but Mcmeme is easily the biggest I've seen here in the states. Maybe Silva was as big, but not even.

>this clueless newfag
lmao sorry but there was a ufc before zuffa, and an incredibly popular one too

Evidently
agrees with me as well.

Big Brown retired

Schaub Bless everyone

>GSP would wrestle fuck everything that moved and was only popular because of his streak.
lol
Stay casual, kiddo.

protip: watch gsp's fights instead of just picking up /heem/ memes in place of actual fight knowledge.

here's fitch and kos, post-gsp...

but conor is fight fans only,
gsp and tito brought in non-fight fans, esp. gsp.
brock brought over loads of wwe fans.

McGregor represents 4 times a UFC PPV has done over a million buys out of 14 total, more than any other headliner, and also holds the highest MMA PPV buyrate of all time. You can argue that he built himself upon the already established foundationed set by other greats and PPV draws but McGregor far exceeds everyone else in absolute terms.

all jabs
no attempt to get a tko
just trying to outscore
still boring as fuck

grappling is boring, I'd watch third rate kickboxing fights before UFC
UFC need more freak fights

the bare feet really gross me out tbqh

GSP is like the EPL. It's not particularly exciting most times but the crowds and the hype make it seem that way

McGregor.

Y