Which one was the best /b, I think x or tactics

Which one was the best /b, I think x or tactics

XII. ‘Twas my fave.

I really liked the snes games

6 or 4.

I played only 6 and 7 and I liked 7 more despite uglier graphics.

7 was good but at the same time I think it's overrated

10 or 6(3) imo. 6 was the apex of 2D spite FF and good story with interesting characters and world. 10 wad Square finally mastering 3D games with very high production values (voice acting, montage cutscenes, gameplay moves beyond turn based) and all FF after basically reproduce this one.
Anime af but still good to play. I didn't completely hate 13 either.

Good taste

VIII

I liked it for being scify-ish and mindfuck of a story. I'd like it even better if it lacked "classic" FF elements(chocobos, moogles, etc).

Mah nigga. 4 is my fave any day.

These "people" are tolls op don't listen to them

XI / XII !!!!!

>752888586

Im not trolling, i really enjoyed that game

FINAL FANTASY 4.!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IV.

I think that x was fucking awesome, just the environments and music made it one of the most comfy games I played, I only played up until 12 tbh I didn't really like the gambit system

IX

What are some good turn based games like ff ?
>inb4 xcom

thoughts on FFXV?

Didn't play it yet, any good?

10 was a big deal when it came out, both because it was highly anticipated and because it far exceeded the expectations. Not a situation that Square has been in since.

Square and later SE used gambits as a way to balance attacks and abilities in most FF games, but they left the gambit selection out of the final game so that players had to find good combinations by themselves. It's dumb as hell to leave it in because it takes away the joy of discovery, but really FF has been designed around gambits for years.

Chrono Trigger/Cross come the closest.
Xenogears and related, too.

VIII for nostalgia, IX as a game

Valkyria Chronicles is probably the best JRPG on the PS3, and you get anime holocaust to boot

VI with a bullet

Why the fuck is viiii not on this list!?

Lost Odyssey is a lot like FFX and FF4 mashed together. I highly recommend it.

Haven't played. Lotta girls playing it for some reason.

Final Fantasy VI was the last time I actually felt invested in an RPG character’s story, and I honestly haven’t even played half of it.

FF3, because it's the only one I played and I haven't bothered to own a console since my SNES

>Forgets about Persona 5 being on PS3, contender for GOTY

8 because 7 was shit

I think in the x remaster they changed a small few of the scenes as well I must get around to playing it,

I really just hate the gambits system, it seems so pointless to build the game around a system that just plays the game for you

Cheers lads I'll give these ones a try

Because it's a fucking boy band riding in a nice car and there's no challenge because the main character has an instagib ring.

Oh Yeah 13 is the best especially the Lightning returns game. It's the best FF game of all time.

I enjoyed it quite a bit honestly. I hear its only been enhanced by the updates of the past year.

Cheers I'll add that to my list

FF IV my nia

I've played it. Honestly I wouldn't bother.

It's not a bad game per se, but imo it's not a "Final Fantasy" game, it's a game with Final Fantasy in the title if you know what I mean.

FFIX IS BEST

Yea the only thing putting me off is that I seen the trailer where they're driving a car, most ff games felt kinda otherworldly and that just seems sort plain

Ffxi was my first mmo back in 2004 built a pc for what little i could afford and played with a few irl bros until 2010 this dominated alot of my free time. I regret none of it seraph server then bismarck after seraph closed

Any other 11 players?

VII is the best FF game and can’t wait for the remake!

Do you mean actual FF3 or FF6, which was 3 on the American SNES?

'04-'10 for me too. I've picked it up to play casually for a couple months here and there since though.

asura/odin

XII or XIII-2

Took out Yiazmat 10 years ago and I'm about to do it again.

Liam O'Brien playing Caius made the game perfect.

14 because Im the hero

Did you have any standout memories during your run first kirin kill and completing roz were mine

Holy shit, another XIII-2 fan. That's mythic rare.

I'd say VII, Tactics or XIII-2. It's hard to pick one.
I'm playing Pokemons now, I mean, WoFF. That one is also good. (especially the soundtrack)

Tactics for me. Of the main series, 6.

II was my favorite. Cecil and Kane

Where my FFXI niggas at?

Server and main classes gents.

Hades
DRK, SAM, PLD

Right here man seraph/bismarck

Main mnk pld nin bst blm i was versatile

Honestly, the best part of playing was meeting a bunch of cool people. A few of that I'm still good friends with.

My irl buddy(also my next door neighbor) got me to buy it to play with him. I was about 11 or 12 when I started, so every day after school I'd run my ps2 to his house and we'd play together. We started in sandy, so of course we spent hours just exploring(and dying) in ghelsba outpost.

Blindly wandering across zones or stumbling into content under-leveled laughing our asses off was some of the most fun I've ever had.

asura/odin

WAR, SAM

mah niggas

I remember the good old days too i rarely get nostalgic for games etc but 11 always takes me back

>mastering voice acting
Yeah, that part where you have to listen to Tidus fake laugh for 10 minutes was fucking magic.

10 was garbage. The plot made barely any sense, but even when you pieced it together it was completely retarded. Tidus is a dream from a bunch of sleeping people? Auron is a ghost brought back? Whatever dude.

It's a garbage game, and the only memorable character was huge tits Lulu. Everyone else sucked.

Yeah, XI kinda ruined me though. I can't pick up another MMO now. I just compare it then get disappointed.

I'm right there with ya, bud...

Im the same i think its down to who i was at the time rather than how good mmo games actually are because mechanically newer mmos play very well but 11 was just something special and hard to replicate

(other user here)
I don't like FFX. I do like Dona, tho, but her ''reason'' to leave her pilgrimage bothers me for some reason. It's not, how should I say it, justified.
It's like... writers had no idea how to remove her from the game and just said ''fuck it, she is tired and can't go on, yeah that's it, let's go with that''

Lol this is fast becoming ffxi feels thread

6 and 9 were my favs.

Agreed. All of my friends grew up on WoW in their teens, but during 2005~2009 I was playing FFXI. They try to get me to play WoW, FFXIV, Tera, etc. It's just not the same. I give them all a chance, but I usually check out the moment I hit the usual mid-level xp crawl and the game starts to show it's true colors.

FFXI was different. You didn't need to be max level. You didn't need to grind for the good part of the game. Every level in XI was an experience, an unscripted adventure. I could get loot at 35 that was useful even at 75. I could finish a mission at 40 that gives me access to a new area at 50+. Maybe hunt an NM for a rare/ex piece of gear that could open the doors for a whole new job to play.

No other MMO has ever touched that feeling.

Ffxi is a too often overlooked gem but sadly its not what it was anymore

They've made like 17 of these shit games

I mean the game itself is still generally the same, but lack of population and content forced them to streamline things so you could get more done with less people in less time.

I agree it doesn't have the same feel anymore though.

FF on NES, obviously

7,5,6,8,9,4. Then for me 10 was the start of the decline in quality but basically goes down from there

>the plot didn't make any sense
The Faith of Spira are tired of being used to manipulate the masses, so they dream up the ideal city that existed long ago before the religious hierarchy. They use their magical powers to bring Jecht to the world of the living to stop the endless spiral of death caused by "Sin". Auron is a ghost because he refused to leave the world of the living. He wanted to stop the endless spiral of death as well, and he made a promise to both main characters fathers, whom sacrificed themselves to "give hope to spira". This isn't even something that's abnormal to the FF series before X. Just admit you haven't played the game before.