Convince me that the Earth isn't flat Sup Forums

Convince me that the Earth isn't flat Sup Forums

first convince me you're not an idiot

I feel like you are the one that should convince us. Since you are the one that argues all against physics 'n stuff.

1 + 1 = 2

Go to school

This could only happen on a globe Earth

You've got some pretty silly ideas about the burden of proof, don't you?

The extraordinary claim that demands proof, is not that the earth is round. It's your job to convince everyone else that thousands of years of observed natural history somehow don't negate your pigheaded intuition.

this has finally convinced me that some people actually believe the earth is flat.

This.

People don't actually believe this, do they? I thought it was just trolls on the internet. I always underestimate how stupid people are.

read basic geography faget

It's mostly trolls, with some mentally disabled people actually believing it.

Yeah, that sounds about right. There is no way someone can believe this and not be actually retarded. Humanity fucked up when they started caring for the weak.

Gravity. All the water in that image would be pulled to the "north pole"

the vast vast majority are trolls, but the people who actually believe it are too stupid to realise this, so they are given false confidence to speak their mind more often. instead of being ashamed of their ignorance

Looks flat to me

Does this mean the longest flight in the word would be from the southern tip of South America to the south side of Australia?

world*

>to speak their mind more often. instead of being ashamed of their ignorance
And that's the most fun part, who dosn't like making fun of retarded people.

Its flat. Anyone who tries to tell you otherwise is regurgitating second, third, fourth hand knowledge and throw out their own common sense entirely. We need to stear the disscussion away from the red herring arguments such as the ice wall, luminaries in the sky, ect. Water always seeks and finds its level when unmaniplulated.. anyone who tells you other wise is a sophist and has formal science to try and denounce your natural science.

Whenever I get a package of plain M&Ms, I make it my duty to continue the strength and robustness of the candy as a species. To this end, I hold M&M duels. Taking two candies between my thumb and forefinger, I apply pressure, squeezing them together untiplease help me i want to diel one of them cracks and splinters. That is the “loser,” and I eat the inferior one immediately. The winner gets to go another round. I have found that, in general, the brown and red M&Ms are tougher, and the newer blue ones are genetically inferior. I have hypothesized that the blue M&Ms as a race cannot survive long in the intense theater of competition that is the modern candy and snack-food world. Occasionally I will get a mutation, a candy that is misshapen, or pointier, or flatter than the rest. Almost invariably this proves to be a weakness, but on very rare occasions it gives the candy extra strength. In this way, the species continues to adapt to its environment. When I reach the end of the pack, I am left with one M&M, the strongest of the herd. Since it would make no sense to eat this one as well, I pack it neatly in an envelope and send it to M&M Mars, A Division of Mars, Inc., Hackettstown, NJ 17840-1503 U.S.A., along with a 3×5 card reading, “Please use this M&M for breeding purposes.” This week they wrote back to thank me, and sent me a coupon for a free 1/2 pound bag of plain M&Ms. I consider this “grant money.” I have set aside the weekend for a grand tournament. From a field of hundreds, we will discover the True Champion. There can be only one.

That's why the pol star is not actually directly over the pol, but close enough to use it for orientation.
Fuck why am i even answering, i hate my brain for not being able to just let false statements be there.

Polaris is not permanently stationary. Due to precession the North Pole slowly drifts with a period of around 27,000 years.

Also, wouldn't Polaris be visible from South America and Australia if the Earth was flat?

It's not visible to the naked eye but yeah the earth is not a perfect ball.

2+2 is 4

4 + 4 = 8

minus 1 that's 3
Quick maths

-1 = 3 quick maffs

notice how in this flap picture all the landmass is distorted. This is because you can't project a round object onto a flat surface without it being distorted at some parts. There are different types of map projections used for different sized maps in aviation.

ITT people discover the scale of the Earth

I don't even know why I reply to this, oh well.

1- The eclipses of the moon are caused by the earth coming between the sun and the moon, unless the eclipse always occurred at a time when the sun was directly under the center of the disk, which can't be true because I saw how you guys in flat earth society describes the night/day. Thus, in your assumption there would be no eclipses at all on the moon.

2- If you are at the very north on Earth, you will see Polaris (North Star) above your head, but more you go down to the south, more you see Polaris lower in the sky.

3- If you are on a shore and a ship is coming toward you, why do we see the sails and only later the hull?

4- Eratosthenes (greek astronomer in around 200 B.C.) knew the Earth was round because of the sun's angle of elevation at noon between Syene and Alexandria.

5- If you look at the moon from the north and then from the south, you will see the moon upside-down.

6- If you are at sea-level and take some serious binoculars, you will see at x distance. Now, if you climb to the closest tree and look at the same path you were looking, you will be able to see further.

7- If the Earth is flat, then why does everything else in the universe is round? Gravity is an interaction field in which it law governs everywhere in space.

Don't give me any argument like : this is all fake because we are living in a computer simulator. I will fucking go 200% monkey on my keyboard and take out all my goddamn physic books to fucking shout my proofs in mathematics. Be warned you puked ill-nurtured maggot-pie.

FUCKING LOL DO YOU EVEN THINK BEFORE POSTING SOMETIMES, FUCKING LOL MY SIDESSSSSS

The water surface is curvy, doesn't mean earth is round

more pls

>using panorama pictures for evidence
It's always gonna look like a straight line on a panorama picture

not true
it would happen on a flat surface as well, as long as its rotating on an axis perpendicular to the surface

I'm a physics student, I have seriously no time to argue with this stupid fucking shit. I don't even have time to go 200% monkey after yall, you ambulant meat are lucky.

We live in a simulation

Thats called an azimuthal equidistant projection. The UN use that for their logo because its one of many ways to show the whole globe as a 2D image and this particular image is the more visually appealing

Let's be honest, if you zoom in on that ship, while you can only see the sails, you will pull the full ship into view. It's about your perspective.

Physics student here as well, semiconductors though so astro stuff is only undergrad. The funniest thing I've seen from the flat earthers is how they think night and day work

This theorie is a real problem.
So many tests "prove" its flat.
at the same time all these proves get debunked, then the debunk gets debunked.

this is all fake because we are living in a computer simulator

sunset

The horizon.

Yeah clearly the sun has a giant lamp shade around it... jesus

the sun is bright as fuck and the cloud is not dense. it just looks like that

Eratosthenes proved it centuries ago.

/This

No more FE threads for me.

also, look at her hair. its onviously sprayed.
why are they doing this

i dont think earth is flat, but why are they faking so many iss videos?
i have more, but they are over 2MB

They arent, those clouds are just more transparent than the rest of the clouds, because you know there are different clouds right, or do you retarded fucks actually believe all clouds are the same. The fuck are you faggots going to do when space travel becomes more available to the public? Claim its a hologram or some shit? People like you all need to be shot in the base of the skull for having a failed brain. You tried to take the redpill and failed and swallowed the fucking aids pill.

Why was the only time that we supposedly went to the moon the last time we went to the moon or anywhere past that? Hell, now we apparently "can't" go to the moon because we don't have the requirements, yet we were able to years ago.

Its called they retired all of the shuttles you fucking numb fuck, a basic understanding of history would show you this.

Take a plane, fly high enough, see curvature.

If you believe this bullshit about a conspiracy issuing all planes with fisheye windows to fake a curvature, take one of the planes that let you roll down the windows. A DC-3 or a Cessna, for example.

Continue to be spoon fed your false science that contradicts itself and believe the Earth is a globe with satellites and spacecrafts floating around it in the thermosphere constructed of metals with melting points of 1500 C, while the temperatures of the thermosphere reach around 2000 C

We could start a new project to go to the moon if we wanted to, but it is very expensive and kind of pointless, now that the space race is over...

i have seen oc videos from pilots and there was no curveature.
i dont even believe the earth is flat, but why are there so many uncertainties

Did you take this pic yourself?

Do you know in which height it was taken?

convince me it is

no really, why can't someone just take a plane and fly over the edge?
Or bump into the dome?^

Have you seen the Earth with your own eyes from space?

I've been up there, and there was a curvature.

as far as i know, nobody is allowed to fly over north and south pole.
there is a story of a pilot who did, and he wrote about new lands

>Step 1: Unretard the pile of shit that was placed where your brain should be
>Step 2: You are now convinced the earth is not flat

Well many minutes later still no proof against flat earth.. my belief hasnt moved at all
All i see is some evidence from flat earthers and name calling from balls licking earthers

No, you cannot clearly see any curvature within the atmosphere buddy, not a flat-earther but dont feed them wrong info and make it seem theres "uncertainty"
No uncertain, people -believe- they see a curvature from a plane, we cant. between the windows and the physiological response of wide panoramic causing a mental "curve".

No, but from high enough to notice a curvature.
Why did you not answer my questions?

So, what you see and what i see isnt the same but we both are sure we saw it for sure.

I assure you, OP is not B.O.B.

>allowed
it is not allowed to deal drugs, steal or murder someone
yet millions of people do
why does no flatter do it, live on facebook, instagram, youtube?
you'll have millions of people on your side if there's a live stream of the pilot of a plane go "see, there's the ice ring, the end of the *bump* ooopsie, i've hit the dome"

1) Planes are relatively cheap, if flat-earthers wanted to prove shit, they'd have done it.
2) Theres no way the whole of the arctic wall flat earthers believe in is guarded.at all times at all places
3) You can fly over the north and south pole. You can even travel to and explore it.

can anyone explain why they fake iss videos?

There are no uncertainties. Your inability to apply high school-level physics to the lies and distortions spread by flat Earthers doesn't constitute an uncertainty. Radio and optical horizons are something anyone can test with a minimal investment, but most of the people that can't simply think this through are too lazy to perform their own experiments.

Airforce pilot here, I've flown up to 50,000 and I've seen the curve, fly your plane to 50,000 and you'll see it too you fucking tards.

What evidence, besides your lack of understand of physics, do you have for them to be "faked"?

When this happens you apply the scientific method. We test the claims. Guess what? The fucking Greeks figured it out millennia ago.

Why don't I fall off the edge of the Earth when sailing

nasa pilot here, i tried to get to the moon but there was something in the way and i had to turn around

everyone can say shit retard

dick pilot here, i tried to reach your mom's vagina but there was something in the way and i had to turn around.

i think it was fat

"Water is curvy"

I think you mean round user

explain to me why a drop of water is falling down in the regular speed it would on earth

>nasa pilot
>tried to get to the moon
Did you fucking steal a space plane?

post them

Show me a real image of said curve.

i can't explain.
rumour has it that's just because they're not fake, bzt what do i know