I just got back from seeing Arcade Fire here in Atlanta, and I must say, my opinion of Everything Now has changed...

I just got back from seeing Arcade Fire here in Atlanta, and I must say, my opinion of Everything Now has changed. When it first came out, it was a 4/10, but I gave it a second and third listen over the past 2 days to get ready for the concert, and now I have to give it a 7/10. The only bad songs are Infinite Content, Infinite_content and Chemistry. Peter Pan is mediocre, but innocuous. Signs of Life is a fun song that has a groovy riff: the lyrics are self-indulgent (even for Arcade Fire's standards), but it's still a good listen. The highs of the album (Put Your Money on Me and We Don't Deserve Love) are some of Arcade Fire's best works.

All in all, the album is definitely their weakest, but it isn't as bad as everyone initially made it out to be. It just need a couple more listens after the initial shock of not being up to quality.

idk man I always liked it. Arcade FIRE always brings it imo. Glad you got to see them though, I imagine that was tight.

Creature Comfort is in my top 5 tracks of the year for sure

It was. The only track from the new album that they played, which I hated was Infinite Content (they had to since the tour is called Infinite Content tour). Luckily it's only a minute and a half. I can't remember the set list in order but they played:

Everything_Now (Continued) (sorta)
Everything Now
Signs of Life
Rebellion (Lies)
Neighborhood #1
Keep the Car Running
Neon Bible
My Body is a Cage
No Cars Go
The Suburbs
Ready to Start
Sprawl II
Reflektor
Here Comes the Night Time
Afterlife
Infinite Content
Electric Blue
Creature Comfort
Put Your Money on Me
We Don't Deserve Love

A good live variation doesn't make the album any better.

completely agree with you op.

Excited to see them Saturday

I'm a huge Arcade Fire fan and wanted to like this album. I gave it 5 listens at different times and it actually got worse every time I listened to it. I originally thought it was a 5/10 but now I think it's a 3/10 at best. I don't think any of the songs on the album are executed well. :(

I'm glad you get to enjoy the album though, user. Seeing them live would be awesome

Yo me too man! You got pit tickets?

Woooow how do you not like Infinite Content? It's like one of the albums highest points. It's a minimalistic song about max happiness and hype that turns into the prettiest thing ever.

See, Arcade Fire albums always seemed...kinda posh in a weird way, to me.
Everything Now is the first one where I thought, "Damn, this is just great music on almost every single track." I think it was knowing that the record had Thomas Bangalter's blessing that perked my ears up. So easy to listen to this thing over and over again.

Least favorite is Signs of Life; that's the only one I can so I don't greatly like.
And I don't get how people got so upset at the interlude tracks like the two Infinite_Contents, just like people scream about Wild Honey Pie on the White Album. They're so damn short that they're barely taking up any of your listening time, and more importantly aren't *asking* for all that amount of time, either.

The highs are really high. The lows are really low.

It's a 7/10 based on how good the good stuff is. We don't deserve love and put your money on me are simply 10/10 phenomenal tracks.

Yea. I was right by the stage.

It just b came off as pretentious, especially the lyrics

The lyrics make me almost puke in my mouth

I'm a big fan of arcade fire but everything now is garbage. Yes it is cohesive but completely unoriginal and lacks violin or really anything that makes me love them. Gone is their funeral and neon bible days.

Why no love for electric blue

OP here, I like it, and it was great live

This album is a 3/10 and you faggots are enjoying it due to mere exposure effect. Listen to something else for a minute and you'll see just how shit it really is. Heck, listen to Reflector and notice how much of a step down EN is from that record, and then listen to The Suburbs to see how much of a step that was to Reflektor. AF is shit now.

Yes brother

>Reflektor
>Step down from The Suburbs

Good b8

Really didn't like the album, but they're an amazing live band. I've seen them for free in Montreal during their Suburbs tour it was incredible, imagine nothing but tracks from Funeral to Suburbs, peak Arcade Fire. The Reflector tour was pretty great too.

I'm inclined to agree with you. Peter Pan, Chemistry and the Infinite Contents are garbage, but Put Your Money on Me, We Don't Deserve Love and Signs of Life are pretty good. they're still an amazing live band

Eh even the good songs seemed amateurish in composition

Agreed

never liked it much and it was by far their weakest live track when I saw them in July. fucking Chemistry resonated more with the audience

Reflektor shits on The Suburbs

>muh Springsteenian feels

Laughing that these people exist

Arcade Fire's first four albums are all good, but I prefer Reflektor over The Suburbs also

I saw them last night too. Everything now is still shit.

The Suburbs is their best

You going with friends or alone?

I'm going with a friend

somebody knows songs like Everything Now and Creature Comfort? not by Arcade Fire, i don't like their other albums