Tfw when I have an IQ of 124 but I'm still super shitty at math

>tfw when I have an IQ of 124 but I'm still super shitty at math

What gives?

Other urls found in this thread:

ted.com/talks/sal_khan_let_s_teach_for_mastery_not_test_scores
khanacademy.org
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

IQ of 137 here. IQ is more or less your ability to learn, not an inherent ability to be good at a given task.

So what you're saying is - I'm lazy?

Nothing of the sort. You need to discover in which ways you learn best, and then use them to form the appropriate connections. Myself, I am a kinetic and spatial learner.

Kinesthetic. Sorry, using a voice program to type right now.

Not enough practice problems. I have a 146 IQ, and I study 2-3x less than my peers and score better, but I can still fail a class if I don't put any effort into it and skip a bunch of lectures.

Ok. So I just have to figure out the most effective way for me to learn math.

That's how I tackled the problem. Often I look at solution sets for existing problems, and work my way backwards until the connections I'm looking for up here.

Yes, but keep in mind that in the USA, at least, we are way behind on how we teach Math. For the most part, you should be learning math backward by western standards. Learn the application of math (ie, physics, architecture, space-time), then learn the nuts and bolts of how you arrive at those conclusions.

I like how the number is increasing as the thread progresses.

How do you call someone who is completly unable to study days prior exam, but is really good at reading everything hours before and getting quite a good grade?

Good question. I certainly wouldn't give them any sort of negative label, but those kinds of instantaneous connections won't last forever. At least, that is my experience.

Irresponsible

A person who is good at cramming, and has a good short term memory, but would likely have a hard time with retention.

A moron.

IQ of 165 here. I noticed this too and thought it was quite amusing.

Completly me

What's it like having such a big brain? You must get massive headaches xD

Hahahahaha

lol

144 IQ here but I basically can't learn a single thing anymore due to psychiatric issues. I remember when I was capable of learning really serious math in a few moments of intuition then I would just forget it a couple hours after

137 here. I have generalized anxiety disorder, chronic depression, and pcsd. Learning isn't as easy as it used to be, but you can get that back. Not sure if you were looking for some hope, but that was my experience.

My IQ is 199, I still remember how I escaped from my mother's cunt the day I was born.

You probably need adderall.

Mine's 221, I still remember the taste of my dad's cum when he conceived me.

That's because IQ is meaningless and the only people who care about their IQ have no other achievements to boast about.

273. I remember circumnavigating my father's ballsack.

142 here. Not really into math. Like logic though.

>I like logic
>I don't like Math

lel

128 here, I'm most academically retarded person you can ever met in your life. This number did nothing, except show me how stupid I'm.

Generalized anxiety disorder, chronic depression and a bit of obsessive compulsive disorder here. How did you manage to get back to learn decently?

I'm pretty sure you have no IQ of 142. More like 42

What iq test did you take and are you sure it's accurate

IQ is meaningless. Achieving your goals and self actualization is all that matters.

Aww, look he's trying to fit in. That's pretty cute.

Therapy, meditation, and rage induced willpower.

It took me a good two or three years after the events that lead to my ptsd to find my way back. Some of it was honestly trial and error, focusing on small attainable goals, and remembering to let myself fail sometimes.

online tests don't count faggot

you missed something fundamental and are trying to learn the more advanced stuff.

ted.com/talks/sal_khan_let_s_teach_for_mastery_not_test_scores

khanacademy.org

IQ of 152. Just took an online test and confirmed it.

Why not

IQ of 210 at www.iqtestforkids.de ... Dumb faggots

I already had iq test of 160 online. While psychatrist IQ tests Said 105-120

Therapy is helping me although it'll make me poor, never tried meditation (not sure why, maybe because ex gf was obsessed with that but also "talked to an archangel" kek so I got out of that shit she talked about). Also don't know how to turn rage into willpower. Most of the time that made me do dangerous things (plus a couple of addictions to calm it down)

Maybe you just got nervous taking it in person