Who is Poppy's "target audience"...

Who is Poppy's "target audience"? I feel weird for listening to her music because I feel like it's meant for teenage girls.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fS9f6_i6v3Q
youtube.com/watch?v=lwnoSeiAFSY
youtube.com/watch?v=5Ao5mg11xIk
youtube.com/watch?v=vqGPq1zrD5E
youtube.com/watch?v=NmXQKMjEC8E
youtube.com/watch?v=bhXqnz21SvY
youtube.com/watch?v=TastxF12QWQ
youtube.com/watch?v=uWWKavfQKAM
m.youtube.com/watch?v=w_yPb78Oo4U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I swear the last 3 girls I dated look just like her. This is fucked.

How do I find a Poppy of my own?

fags, and you're one of them

I'm a fag, so that makes sense.

ur a lucky man, man.

Lowlife is fucking great when you're high

Is there more to this set?

>Who is Poppy's "target audience"?
alt-normies

Yeah, but I neglected to save them.

normie ree etc..

>alt-normies
Explain further?

Depends. She's a parody of pop and how mudane it is. So it appeals to people who don't get the joke and those who do.
I think the target is people who think they're smart.

Whoever was writing her old songs needs to come back. STAT.

youtube.com/watch?v=fS9f6_i6v3Q
vs
youtube.com/watch?v=5Ao5mg11xIk
youtube.com/watch?v=vqGPq1zrD5E
what the FUCK happened?

Oh, well, I get the joke, but I just like her music and style. I don't care about the rest of the gimmick. I guess that's why I've been feeling stupid for being into her music lately, because everybody else seems to just know about her because of her character, and it seems a bit hokey to me. People seem to think that the whole thing is deeper than it really is and overanalyzes it.

>what the FUCK happened?
She got signed to a different label.

>When you blow on my face you make me come...alive
>I want your floppy disk to be my hard drive
JESUS

I wish her director made more music fuck

What happened to Mars Argo?

Why does that matter? Isn't it all still written by Titanic?

somebody who keeps up with whats trending in the mainstream but also whats trendy on social media(ig, snapchat,fb,twitter,tumblr) they aren't popular on both sides. but they aren't social "losers" like most of Sup Forums users.
mostly gen-z kids that fit his description. poppy is appealing because shes making it obvious shes is parodying pop culture. so kids like that get a kick out of explaining to people what shes doing.

tho honestly i feel like pop should have done the reverse and actually make legit pop music and dominate the charts. then start doing the shits doing now and deconstruction it

On the contrary, I want Titanic to go away.
Whether intentional or not, whether self-aware or not, Titanic is a very unlikable character and whenever I see him, I quietly go, "ugh."

I don't get the image.

I'm not sure. I read something about her going to a different label so that she could go for a different sound, so maybe her old label dictated the production or something.

Not him, but "alt-normies" are a group of people who like "weird and unusual" things and think they're special for liking it, when in reality there's tons of people just like them (Poppy vids are forced creepy/weird but have a million views), thus they a subset of normie culture.

According to Corey, she didn't want to make anymore music so she just stopped. She's still active on Twitter and Tumblr but not releasing anything new or anything like that.

2007 was the beginning of the end.

dum dum butt-slut.

people who browse both Sup Forums and reddit

I don't get the "bad things happened in this year :(" meme.

Nostalgia is a kind of poison that inhibits the mind's ability to recall the past with any sort of objectivity. If we want to move forward as a species, nostalgia is going to have to be one of the first things to go.

>If we want to move forward as a species
Why would I want to?

>If we want to move forward as a species, nostalgia is going to have to be one of the first things to go.
i disagree. its one of the best things that makes us human. looking back helps the future so much. especially with how the internet is. there's lots of things we miss because of how fast information is provided to us

>forced technological metaphors: the singer
please stop anytime

>ironic shitposting: the singer

I maintain that most of PC Music did it better. Same shtick, better execution.
Hannah Diamond is a good example.

Woke™ teenage girls.

Here's what happened in 2007.

Exactly. It's a gimmick. When you're trying to parody top 40 acts and your music isn't in at all different, sorry, you've failed. There are people who have done it and succeeded, but that requires effort and actual talent.

And his name is fucking stupid.

I'd love to own poppy in a fetishy way. Look after her, etc...

I don't understand why it's fucked

Poppy sex doll

See

what a lame fucking post

Nice to see someone mention PC Music.

I know right? Such an obscure label.

Titanic is a hack

cool.

That first song realy reminds me of born this way.

Google
poppy the radical zine

I dig it too. It is pop music which is designed specifically to be enjoyable.

>Being an extreme obvious version of it on purpose is failing to be that
What? It succeeds, it doesn't say pop music is bad; it's no a condemnation, it's just a commentary. John Maus does the same thing essentially.

I wish we could get the entire set. I know they have at least 50 pics

john maus makes good music. poppy doesn't

I want to see her in Detroit but no one wants to go to the cover with me. Normally I'd be okay with going alone but i feel like the audience would be a strange crowd, so I've put off buying a ticket... Probably gonna be too late by the time i decide i want to go

>socks with sandals

what a stupid fucking picture

>It succeeds, it doesn't say pop music is bad; it's no a condemnation, it's just a commentary
If this was pushed by Max Martin and major labels it would work and you know that. What's the point of commentary in her case, given that she's condemned the life of pop stars and celebrities already? I didn't know who the other person was until now - and what did he do exactly? Copy Depeche Mode it seems. Where's the satire? Where's the originality? Where's the competence?

kinda looks hot actually

Its not, hes humble bragging.

Is this term finally catching on?

>Is this term finally catching on?
will come full circle in 2018

Mk ultra enthusiasts
I wish I was joking:
youtube.com/watch?v=NmXQKMjEC8E

You're like a baby, watch this:
youtube.com/watch?v=bhXqnz21SvY
youtube.com/watch?v=TastxF12QWQ

i mean i can appreciate the art, but i dont listen to that shit lol

I like music and all, the the industry scares the living daylights out of me. It seems more dark than the film industry.

I watched a video somewhere of how pop artist Ke$sha had this booth which was filled with butterflies and symbolism, where she did her recordings.

>I like music and all, the the industry scares the living daylights out of me. It seems more dark than the film industry.
i mean pop music has control over ppls minds for 3minutes and they can replay the same song over and over. makes sense tbqh

I didn't know that the Vigilant Christian browsed Sup Forums. When's the next Illuminati exposed video coming out?

here it is (:50):
youtube.com/watch?v=uWWKavfQKAM
>Dr. Luke

what a garbage song lol

m.youtube.com/watch?v=w_yPb78Oo4U

Great song, but.. are those.. sperm at around 50 seconds in???

what a lame fucking normie. Get the fuck out. You are not welcome here.

Reminds of J-pop. J-pop and K-pop is suspect AF.
In J-pop all the idols have to be virgins, they can't have boyfriends, they look hypnotized, some were in the u-16, teen/preteen modeling industry beforehand, the Yakuza definitely has to be involved. I don't even want to go down that rabbithole desu,

>muh robot safe space
this isn't r9k, and celebrating weakness in that sort of community is just plain toxic

fuck you normie fucking hang yourself

Lowlife is better than the stuff she's doing now. I appreciate her doing some different stuff but it's not as cryptic/astute as I think Titanic Sinclair thinks it is. As is all the new songs don't feel as fleshed out as they could be. Like there are some portions of the songs (some of the melodies) that work well but a lot of them (the lame technology references, the use of poppy's voice as a sample, that text to voice thing in the chorus of my style) feel like they didn't pursue anything past the initial idea.

Also, the videos themselves are really formulaic and boring now. Kind of disappointed with how this whole project turned out.

agree she could have at least tried to make the songs better. Thought she wasnt going to release an album untill she had really good material.

Not him but r9k is actually pathetic and bluepilled. I've been on Sup Forums for 8 years and the thought of sharing a site with r9k and Sup Forums still makes me puke lightly.

>bluepilled
?

>ugh my life is 20 times bettter than anyone on /r9k/ how annoying. The post.