At the end of a poorly-lit alley, a neon sign flickers back to life. It invites you into the building’s warm interior...

At the end of a poorly-lit alley, a neon sign flickers back to life. It invites you into the building’s warm interior, the bar a shelter from the world’s troubles. You glance at the menu posted on the doorway:

>advice
>conversation
>happy thoughts [OUT OF STOCK]

Inside, the bartender smiles at you welcomingly. Despite the buzz of both regular and newcomer patrons, you find an empty stool at the counter.

How can I help you tonight, Anonymous?

Slow night, I guess.

My gf is a sociopath, we have stray cats all over in our neighborhood and she likes to take them and twist their heads off while they're still alive. Why do I love her so much?

Why are you out of happy thoughts?

slow nights are fine by me. means people are doing alright.
Sonata?
it's aight to love someone, but it doesn't mean you need to approve of or tolerate everything that they do. if she does that stuff, you're absolutely valid to take issue with it and call her out.
jill machine broke

Are some people born happier than others?
Or does everyone feel bland like me?

Maybe some people are happier than us. That's what I assumed. Otherwise, people are just better at hiding it.

that's a question that I'm not sure we'll ever find an answer to. if you ever feel like you struggle with finding happiness or motivation, that may be an issue with your brain though. I found therapy at least helps a little bit.

wew I'm not off to a good start tonight

Sigh...
Whisky dry.
How are you user?

Stop being broken, that's not good.
Sometimes, people need you.

>Sonata?
What?

I love her with every fiber of my being. Sometimes when she is away on a business trip my heart aches for her return. I do not really mind the animal abuse because she seems so happy when she finishes.

I'm doing... Eh...
I don't think Jill is serving booze tonight.
How're you?

I sure hope they don't.
/shrug
that's up to you, I guess. I'd have a big issue with it, especially when you add the fact that animal cruelty is a crime.

I just want to know what is wrong with me and why I accept such behavior. I would be playing a video game and I will hear her in the bathroom or basement killing a stray cat and it doesn't bother me.

Not much going on. Just want to to enjoy the vibe.

>How can I help you tonight, Anonymous?

I need a copy of Shrek, HD, unrated version, shaken, not stirred. And I need 27cc of Mexican black tar heroin along with a drink that is at least 99% isopropyl alcohol by volume. And I need at least 100kg of bricks to add to the weight of my crippling depression.

It is very hard for me to open up to people because I say things that I regret for many reasons, as well as having opinions that are completely against what most people around me seem to think. I just feel as If I have nothing else to do besides sitting on here and being worthless. Is there a way where I can either make friends or meet a companion that might help me get myself on track?

>Start falling for a friend
>She moved to another city
>Couple months after she moved I visited her and told her how I feel
>She likes me too
>But neither of us wants to do ldr
>Decided to stay as friends who likes each other
>A few months went by, I'm trying to move on
>She invited me to spend Thanksgiving with her family
>I went and I'm falling for her again

Any advice on what to do? Should I at least try or should I just let it go?

But they do. Almost every thread I come and see people asking for help, and you always do your best, and succeed. You're a role model to a lot of people. I hope you get better and feel happy soon. If you want, you can vent to me, and I'll listen for you, maybe even try to help if I can.

I mean... I'm trying to not be harsh, but I kinda really love cats. how long have the two of you been together?
no worries at all, hon.
what track are you looking to get on?
I'd try and let it go, if you can. falling for a friend over and over sucks.
lol

A whole city away really isn't too bad if the drive is less than half an hour. Any more than that and I'd say it isn't worth it.
Relationships need a lot of contact.

What makes you want to hear these anons out anyway.
Boredom? Curiosity?

3 years now, I am going to ask her to marry me this Christmas. I love cats too, but I prefer dogs.

Sounds like you need to get rid of her before she gets rid of you. Her getting rid of you isn't figurative, user.

on track as in being a productive person as well as being less pessimistic.

First time I've ever seen a chill thread in a while,

I can confirm some are born happier then others, for others it's how they were raised.

I'm trying to be serious. Please.

Yes I suppose you're right. That's my fear; that I'll never really get over her, and whenever she visits I'd just start falling for her again.

It's a two hour train ride. We've both had ldr before that's why we were against it; it didn't work for either of us.

I can't find a good enough reason to leave her.

I just wanna help make the world suck a little less.
gotcha, so it isn't anything like a "honeymoon" phase where you're willing to overlook any of her flaws. has this behavior from her become normal to you? would you tolerate this from anyone else?
I'd probably either ask her to commit to some sort of treatment, or I'd be gone. that's just me, I guess.
well, those are sort of linked together. the more productive I am, the more optimistic I find myself being.
what kinda things do you like? you can usually find a community or group of people somewhere with similar goals, with people to collaborate and work alongside.
I am too.
honestly, I wish I had some solid "just move on" advice, but I could use some of that myself.

Jill, it's pretty clear that you aren't happy. What's wrong?

I'd say call it quits then.
Her moving was the nail in the coffin.
You should cut contact back as much as you can and slowly let your life be used to not hearing from her. That should help a bit in moving on.

You're my type of guy, user.
Chill threads are the only ones I find myself posting on regularly. Shame they aren't as often as before. Not that I come here as much as I used to anyway.

do you own any guns, and if so, what are they?

I'm doing great, really. just need a solid night's sleep one of these days.
chill threads are the nice break from the rest of the insanity on this website.
none.

Well, we've known each other for five years prior to dating. We met during our first week of high school together and started dating since then. She would kill random insects and actually take her time while doing it when we were friends in school. She would do it in front of me so I guess she sorta eased me into it.

Alright, I hope you get a good rest soon, then...

Anyone who says theyre doing great but needs a night of sleep clearly isn't doing too great.
Hopefully you'll find peace in here.

I migrated to 4+4 chan after moot sold out. All i did was lurk anyway, but it was sad to see a culture I liked die out like that. That imageboard is too slow to be a proper replacement, so I decided to just pop in now and again.
Thanks for doing this user. Been a while since i felt at home here.

let's say a guy you know introduced his girlfriend to you, and he told you that she had a habit of killing stray animals for fun. would you find that normal and acceptable from another person, or are you just used to it from your girlfriend?
thanks.
I've already got a day for myself planned, I just need to find a viable day now.
it seems nice enough over there, but I'm not totally sure where to go half the time.

I still have the luxury of not worrying about leisure days. Gonna be a bitch when I have to make a life with my own two hands.
The only active boards are the same as here. The feel is less newfaggy at the cost of actual users. Prone to spam a lot too.

I have never considered it normal, but I guess I'm just used to her doing it once or twice a week. I don't know what I would think or how I would feel if I saw someone else do it.

gotcha, I'll see if I can find similar stuff on their boards then. maybe less idiots on Sup Forums.
it sounds like you've just figured out how to tolerate because she's going to keep doing it either way, and it's better to just numb yourself to it. that's... not really all that healthy.

People are fags when it comes to music, so who knows.
Whats your favorite emotion user?

can we get op's pic in background resolution?

inb4 go to /r/

I like just being content.
that's the resolution straight from the gamefiles. best I can suggest is upscaling.

Do you feel content often?
Im a fan of bittersweetness. I like being a little sad. Helps remind me how much worse things could be,

not as often as I'd like. I'm on my way back to it, soon.
that's understandable. is it worse often?

What should I do then, OP? I love her so much and when she doesn't kill cats she becomes sad and depressed and I hate seeing her that way.

I feel you. Not easy getting to a good headspace.
I think its worse in my own head. Making non-issues a big deal and focusing so hard on them I forget what's actually worth worrying about.

Think I finally came to terms with my disorders. I don't know what they are because I can't afford a doc/shrink but I know they're there, and accepting that + breaking them down to their elements makes me feel like I can finally progress.

I just wish it happened sooner and I didn't hurt the people I did, especially her.

I can't choose for you, but I'd push her towards some kind of treatment or therapy.
that basically sums me up too, yeah. at least you're able to realize it's all internal sometimes, and it's not all as bad as you think.

That's part of my problem. I can recognize what I'm doing wrong, but actually changing that is such a crapshoot. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. Its annoying.

You need to get her help. Get a therapist involved. Talk it out. See why she loves to do this, and see if you can come up with an alternative. If you can't, you need to leave her. There are many other people who will love you, and that you will love. She has a problem, and she has potential to do a lot more harm than she's doing right now, I've talked with people like this, and a lot of the time, it can go south when you least expect it.
-SouthPaw

hey, even that's something.
I know some people do that bullshit like writing encouraging things about it "all being in your head" on sticky notes and putting them in various places they'll be sure to see them. never worked for me, but I guess it's something that works for some and not others.

Am I the detective in paprika?

w-what
I like paprika but I don't think it would be safe to live in a spice jar

It's a start, but I get comfortable where I am really easily and lose the little ambition I have.
I don't want to be a wage slave,but I'm not putting in the work to be anything more than that. I already wasted a lot of my younger years doing fuck all.

We sorta talked about it and (I don't know how) but she convinced me there was nothing wrong with her? I don't know.

>not Orthodox
I just don't see it going any south than this. She is a genuine and outstanding person, she has many friends who adore her. I don't want to get a therapist involved without her permission. I don't want to lose her trust.

after a while, everyone loses their ambition. you just have to keep pushing yourself through it when that happens. what do you want to be someday?
I mean, you seem to have your head on pretty straight and know that her behavior isn't normal. you even called her a sociopath. I'm not saying that something's "wrong" with her, but she would benefit from help.

Sorry for hijacking this thread but I’m desperate. Lost my job because the store I work for lost their license. Got a temporary job starting February but need to survive until then. I have no one else to ask. If you have a dollar extra to spare, you have no idea how much it will mean to me. My pay pal is haebofficial (at) mail dot com

I don’t really want to do this but everything just fucking collapsed so I have no other choice.

Fuck this Christmas is gonna suck

Godspeed to you all user, hope you have good holidays and a new year

I love to entertain. It's been my only passion since I can remember. But everything I make sucks and the industry isn't a viable living. I have passions, but I'm also a realist. I decided to get a proper paying career and do what I love as a side hobby. But finding a career that pays well and is in line with any other interests isn't easy

Sounds like a keeper

I really wish I had something to give, hon. my own finances are a little drained right now as well, so I don't really have a way to give. I hope you can make it.
that's fair, yeah. I never bothered pursuing anything too artistic, because it's just way too competitive to survive. here's hoping you find something that lets you live, and affords enough time to make hobbies of the things that you love.

Thats exactly why I felt it was best to give it up.I prefer stability.
Thanks man. Hopefully I'll find a day job that is bearable and gives me enough to live well.

whoa bump