Imagine unironically thinking Kanye is better than Kendrick

Imagine unironically thinking Kanye is better than Kendrick.

Kendrick is literally the most generic rap around. Get taste fag

imagine unironically listening to rap post-1998 has been good

MY DICK IS BIG

Name 1 song outside of TPAB or UU that's good from Kendrick.
>inb4 I get memed with GKMC bullshit again

but it is you deaf nu-male

I listen to Kendrick and watch Rick and Morty so basically I'm the most woke person

>better
>music

choose one.

Oh, and both have some good moments, but essentially suck.

Kanye is funnier than Kendrick but Kendrick is infinitely more talented as a lyricist. They're not even on the same level in terms of who the better artist is.

>When Kanye fans can't understand a nuance rapper
Go back to your >I takkkekeeee picture offff my dicckkkkkkkk rapper.

I dont even like Kanye that much. Kendrick is just whiny pandering pop rap.

Section and DAMN are his only pop rap records.
What are you talking about?

Why are nu-males like you so attracted to that talentless manlet? Is it the """"deep"""" pseudo-intellectual lyrics about hood and being black n shiet?

Imagine unironically thinking rap is good

Came here to post this.

TPAB is great but Kanye's discography is consistently better.

You're right. Kanyes the better artist.

>Kendricks pandering pop rap
>B-but only half of his discography is pandering pop rap!

>Kendrick
>Talented
LMAO.
Some random Tyrone from Detroit who makes shitty "woke" rap on soundcloud is more talented than that hack.

Kanye set bars for Kendrick.

Both are complete shit

Kendrick has better microphone skills and is a more technical writer but Kanye has created better, more innovated music. Still the two most important musicians in the genre since ~2008

But what if they did a collaborative album?

Kendrick is just riding on the coattails of greater, past rappers and using the current political landscape to appeal to a wide but impressionable audience. Kendrick is entirely expendable. There have been Kendrick's before and there will be Kendrick's again. He does absolutely nothing special or boundary pushing except for being 'conscious' every few songs, which is definitely not spectacular. Meanwhile, Kanye has been around for a long time by Hip-Hop standards. Even Before his first album, Kanye was ghost writing and producing some of the greatest Hip-Hop tracks ever. With every album Kanye pushes the boundary of not only the genre, but the culture. It could be argued that Kanye single handedly dismantled gangster rap/culture of the mid-late 2000's as well as introduced heavily autotuned, R&B inspired rap into the mainstream years before anyone else (With help from Kid Cudi). Not to mention he is the only mainstream rapper to have the audacity to introduce such a polarizing album such as Yeezus to the average hiphophead. Kanye has never been afraid to carve out his piece of the culture and industry while Kendrick shamelessly follows a set formula. Kanye is a leader, Kendrick is a follower. It's as simple as that.

Post your favourite Kendrick lyrics lads
Mine:
>AYO LISTEN UP NIGGA, IM A MU'FUCKIN NIGGA NIGGA, I'M FROM THE MU'FUCKIN HOOD NIGGA, GOT A BIG DICK NIGGA THESE WHITIES DON' KNOW HYUH HYUH HYUH

Truly the greatest poet of our time

imagine being such a nu-male that you listen to either

filtered

>unironically
Again nu-males and this buzzword goes like salt pepper

Kendrick is better rapper but Kanye is better artist

I'm not the biggest Kanye fan, but (apart from his recent albums) he is responsible for almost all of the content on his albums, with both the music and vocals. As much as I love Kendrick's music, I credit it just as much to the musicians and producers around him as I would Kendrick. I would give Kanye full credit for the content on his albums, while I would just credit Kendrick for vocals and artistic vision

Kendrick is rap for people who think they are #WokeAF

>GKMC
>TPAB
Won Grammys and were insanely popular but its not pop huh

Kendrick is a black supremacist and Kanye is just an artist

Kanye is a better lyricist than Kendrick. Kendrick is a tryhard, for a lack of a better term.

ur fucking dumb

Does Kendrick even produce music?

He is now. Before catering to the dumb soundcloud generation by making damn, he was making incredible music like to pimp a butterfly. He should be ashamed for making generic pussy eating soundcloud music. I hope soundcloud dies

Kendrick has the better album (GKMC) but I listen to Kanye more

Kendrick has 2 classic albums (GKMC, TPAB) and 3 good albums (S.80, UU, DAMN.)
Kanye has 7 classic albums, 1 good (WTT), 1 ok (CS)

I don't know what else to say
Like Kendrick is good but you can't really compare him to a God

kanye is the biggest sellout ever he sucked his own moms dick for all power to suck well more dick he can find and well he just loves dick THAT much he licked the 2 day old sperm out of his sisters twat and drank it down with a bud light
i mean what kind of genetically inferior failure would drink a bud light on purpose anyway?
light beer seriously? thats some pathetic shit
back hand of god is where its at

Imagine actually enjoying rap "music"

if i get bleach on my asshole, ima feel like a t shirt

WOW YOURE SO SPECIAL
AAAAAAAARRRHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
FUCK YOU

Imagine unironically listening to Kendrick when you could be listening to Nas, Biggie, 2pac, Mobb Deep, Outkast, Dr.Dre, Ice Cube, and Eminem

>Eminem
stopped reading right there

Guys we live in the golden age of lyricism.

>How long you niggas ball? All day, nigga
How much time you spent at the mall? All day, nigga
How many runners do you got on call? All day, nigga
Swish, swish, how long they keep you in court? All day, nigga
Take you to get this fly? All day, nigga
Tell your P.O. How-how long you been high? All day, nigga
You already know I’m straight from the Chi, all day, nigga
South, south, south side! All day, nigga
This Ye, nigga
Shoppin' for the winter, and it’s just May, nigga
Ball so hard, man, this shit cray, nigga
And you ain't gettin' money 'less you got eight figures
For that Jesus piece, man, I've been saved, nigga
Just talked to Farrakhan, that's sensei, nigga
Told him I've been on ten since the 10th grade, nigga

but Eminem is the RAP GOD

>taking post 2008 hip hop this seriously
could you imagine being this person

That's where you should've stopped reading indeed because that's where the sentence ends

what do you think about the signifance of TPAB?

It didn't really change anything and he rarely performs songs off it besides maybe Alright.

It's impact was absolutely devastated by not winning Album of the Year at the grammys. If it had won that, like with Speakerboxxx/TLB it would truly have had a legendary status in music and rap. Right now people fuck with GKMC and DAMN the most. TPAB was good but it hasn't been that significant overall, not like DAMN has.

Damn finally made everybody shut the fuck up about whether Kendrick deserves his best rapper status. TPAB didn't do that. It worried more people that he'd just go on that wokeness path. As for me personally, I think Damn is his best album with his best written songs.

We won't really know the extent of Kendrick's impact because he doesn't ghostwrite anymore. I'd be very very interested in finding out who he ghostwrote for. His impact will never be on the scale of Kanye West, who is still by far the most important man in rap and has been since 2007.

I like Kendrick but the only album I'm regularly listening to from his is GKMC and Section 80. I didn't really like TPAB and DAMN was dope too but GKMC was his peak imo.

>Meanwhile, Kanye has been around for a long time by Hip-Hop standards.
Because he's a trend-following pop act, like Puffy.

>trend-following

Only TLOP fits that definition.

>by Hip-Hop standards
It's crazy to think that Graduation, his third album, came out ten years.

>he's a trend-following pop act

Kanye creates the trends.

they do completely different things. kendrick's beats are pretty much more boring than Drake's, he just uses it as a template for storytelling and that's fine.

kanye has reinvented hip hop time and time again via his production and focus on the album format. his stylization of the genre is unsurpassed on an individual level.

do you know of any other albums which in their entirety use the same or similar instrumentation, arrangement style, etc.? i thought that was fresh

Any sound you associate with Kanye was appropriated from someone else, with the exception of maybe MDTF which is also his best.

>MDTF which is also his best.

808s is his best.

oh yeah, he sure appropriated The Blueprint with those College Dropout samples!

/thread

But he is though