How do you cope with living ? Like I don't want to kill myself but I have a chronic fear of death and getting old...

How do you cope with living ? Like I don't want to kill myself but I have a chronic fear of death and getting old. It's inevitable, but it frightens the Shit out of me. Now I lay in bed and think about dying and it causes me to freak the fuck out and breath as if I just ran.

What do i do? Help me Sup Forums

Pic unrelated

Do psychedelics (led, shrooms, dmt)
You'll confront your fear head on

Grow up kid.

Watch David's and Lisa the 1963 classic

OP here. I honestly can't because I'm joining the army.

death is just an illusion, you go through life experiencing new things and it will come to an end but once you die you will do it all over again without even realizing because every moment exists all at the same time. we are like frames of a movie, all those frames exist but time allows us to see them one by one. there is no reason to fear death because we can never truly die.

listen to allen watts and understand the idea of recarnation

>terrified of death
>joining the army

Don’t worry, you’ve been naturally selected to have all your problems answered user

This is perfect.

OP. See id love to believe something like that, but is there any proof at all?

Same to you. Ill watch that, but my brain needs proof.

Quick YT search and you’ll find Allen Watts. There is really no proof... just belief in what you think is real to ease your mind.... that’s why God exists... something people like to believe in

Im going in as a desk job. For the money and benefits. Unless war breaks out ill be fine. Though im not a retard and know that there's always the possibility. I just hope against it. And honestly the army doesnt help my fears.

Ok ill check it out.

When i freak out i listen to loud music to get my mind of it, otherwise i dont sleep.

This is retarded. Even working within your own framework death would not be an illusion but another one of those “frames”. In fact, under your philosophy we’re already dead, we just haven’t experienced it. And that’s the only thing that fucking matters, our conscious ability to experience these moments in time. Once we die, none of that shit matters and nothing you’ve described makes death any less of a thing to fear. Your brain will no longer function, you will have no more thoughts. There will be no (((you))) left to make use of this little fantasy.

OP here

I also freak out about getting old and not accomplishing anything. When i picture myself old, i picture myself crying alone. And that then leads to my picture of an empty funeral.

I dont wanna die.

depends on what you need for proof. you can find the answer by looking deep into your own mind by the help of DMT or mushrooms. You wont find the proof in science because its beyond what this matter existence allows us to see. with DMT you will see the truth of everything, its something you can only understand once you do it.

Team america. Fuck yeah.

Seems like a good remedy to help you calm down and sleep, much better than some other alternatives.

What we do each day is called Life... the definition of life is something that is living, so just go and live and don’t hold back.

Yeah .. about that .. I spent 3 years of my life working part time on a geriatric ward whilst at university. The bad news is that there are no virtuous deaths, no glorious revelations at the doorway to life extinction. In all my time I only ever saw two emotions .. utter relief (end of pain suffering) and utter terror (disbeief they were going into the void and nothing could help or stop that).

I'm with OP .. I am genuinely terrified of death, although I have come to terms with it's inevitablity it still gives me chills when I consider it. Also I got hit by a neurological auto immune disease that let me partialy crippled out of the blue .. on day totally fit .. week laterhardly able to walk and in chronic pain.

Imagine falling asleep forever. That is death. There is no fear, loneliness, dreams or thoughts.

Alan Watts might halp you

I’m not going to try and sell you some pseudointellectual garbage to make you feel happy and just put it off your mind. You have every reason you are going to die. Despite advances in technology and restorative medicine, you may as well just ignore any other possibility until you can go buy eternal life pills at the store. Go ahead and tell it yourself; you are going to die. That’s the deal, and there isn’t a better one. The only thing you can do once you accept that is figure out what the fuck you want to fit in the minuscule amount of time you have until that happens. You can spend that time curled up in a ball until, essentially wasting it until it happens or you can spend your time doing whatever he fuck you want to do until it happens and take it head on. That’s it.

OP
Thats what i try to tell myself. But my fear is irrational. It just strikes when i dont want it to and stays until i drown out all my conscious thoughts. I dont want this. Im considering taking therapy if it gets any worse.

I try my best to be better and live life. I go to gym and have friends. But it happens when in alone, and bam. It happens. Does this occur to anyone else?

I'm really appreciating the comments so far

we have died an infinite amount of times yet we will always exist because there is always a reality where we do. every possibility that can exist, exists. the nothing from once you came from is also this existence of everything. when your life ends your consciousness just carries on because you are everything. its hard to get your head around.

fearing death is bullshit ... fear doesnt change a thing about it. all die! so stop thinking about death ... fear should help you stay alive of dangerous situations but thats it. and when you see yourself old and alone its just your pessimism ... do smth with your life and that fear wont be true. stay in your black bubble and it will come true. heads up - life can be shiddy but also beautiful. do what you want to be happy no matter the cost.

The only things in this universe that is eternal is the electron .. everything else is subject to entropy .. I'd love to believe the garbage you are pedalling, but we are living in the age of information and my world view is shaped by the eparadigm I live in.

OP here. That really sucks what happened to you man. Hope you get around well. And was that really all you saw? Were they drugged to death? Or natural? I hate to think its either pain or willing embrace.

With the risk of looking like a fanatic. You need to find Jesus Christ. Establish a relationship with Him. Once you have the certainty of being a saved soul, you will no longer fear death. Hope you ll get fine.

This is also dogshit. I might as well say the only you can experience the truth is by becoming schizophrenic and talking to invisible Jerry, because it’s outside the realm of science (it isn’t and neither is DMT by the way). Hallucinations and feelings aren’t some hidden truth, stop overhyping shit. The only real use of using some kind of hallucinogen like DMT is to experience being outside yourself which can help with thinking about things objectively in some sense. It’s not some magical mystical gateway, it’s just a plant that can give people an experience that “may” allow them to make better use of cognitive thinking skills...or just become a retarded hippy.

More morning inspirational quotes one might find on a book they keep on the shitter. Again, that’s all entirely useless. Our consciousness and the existence we perceive moves linear through time. Whether or not infite fragments of us and our experiences are stuck in various points in time is irrelevant because “we” don’t currently, as in you and me having this discussion do not exist in that way or have any way to interact with those fragments. This whole notion really just seems to boil down to a colorful equivocation fallacy for the word “we”. The thing that we are, that is the identity in our brains which moves linear and forward through time can not in any way interact with or assume ourselves in those previous points in time, so it’s irrelevant to point out that “we” exist in the past. And then multiverse theory I guess, which again, so what. Even if there are infinite mes in infinite universes, I can not transfer the thing in my brain that is me into them or experience them.

Exactly right

OP

Any more advice or tips for me people?