Why is nightcore looked down to on Sup Forums...

Why is nightcore looked down to on Sup Forums? Nightcore speeds up slow but otherwise decent tracks to make them more enjoyable. What is wrong with this? Yet the same people who shit on nightcore listen to garbage like hiphop, rap, jazz, vaporwave or - worst of all - obscure noises, and then pretend that their 'supreme' taste makes them enlightenend.

Examples of good nightcore mixes:
youtube.com/watch?v=IrZkO4MRLCo
youtube.com/watch?v=W46n4XLL3D8

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RWw4qNt8ASw
youtube.com/watch?v=5NBSHhGSQiI
youtube.com/watch?v=RH9kl6XZixo
youtube.com/watch?v=gvGaPqEhRoE
youtube.com/watch?v=ZXJWO2FQ16c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>jazz
>garbage
bait

Take your fapmaterial back to Sup Forums pl0x

WHY DO YOU CARE ABOUT THERE OPINION IF THERE LISTEN TO SHIRT MUSIC WHY DO YOU WANT A BUNCH OF SHITTY PEOPLE TO LIKE WHAT YOU LIKE WHY BOTHER CULTURING THEM

I'm only telling the truth. Listening to jazz is like playing chess, a pseudointellectual attempt to appear smart.

I think people play chess because they enjoy it user

This shit is the audio equivalent of caffeine-riddled finger painting. Zero dynamics, texture structure or any artistic sensibility. I'd rather listen to air conditioning humming.

Yeah I got it out wrong. You are right of course. I meant more the people who talk about how great it is. "I don't play video games because they are for children. I play chess." as in "I don't listen to nightcore because it is for children. I listen to jazz.".

god i really forgot how little this music does for me, why did we enjoy this shit when we were kids

Exactly. You constrain yourself to silly theoretical frameworks instead of listening to what actually sounds better.

Perfect example of what I meant with .

FUCKING PITCH SHIFT

Yeah this is awesome too. I prefer brighter music with higher pitch.

buddy, i realize music isnt that important to you. i get that you just need background noise for gaming. its whatever. but we dont listen to this shit because if you would actually like, give more music a shot (like seriously, in your OP you discounted like, hundreds of years of music) you'd realize that this shit fucking blows, theres nothing there but the same types of screechy melodies

NO
FUCK YOU

Okay. Then go ahead. Present to me your superior music.

Do you realize how ignorant and stupid you sound? "You could take my favorite tracks and if you make a nightcore version out of them I would rather listen to AC noises because I hate nightcore so much out of principle." What a shallow view you have, I pity you.

Sage meet thread

>my shallow view is better than your shallow view
I hope this is bait.
I don't think there's any musical genre that can be safely dismissed outright. So if either of these parties are doing that, they are wrong. And they can both be wrong.

nu nightcore is just speedup pop music
i miss the old nightcore where it was speed up eurotrance

You are right. I don't really think nightcore is a genre though.

Good taste.

I cant imagine being the type of person who needs a mid-tempo or slow song to be fast in order for it to be "more enjoyable." What kind of artistically retarded knuckle-dragger do you have to be to feel this way?

You're not really trying that hard, but I'll indulge you. With a sage, of course. Do you realize that jazz was pop music until its departure from swing and big band era? Even after that, more accessible subgenres of jazz have existed - soul jazz, latin jazz, bossa nova. Jazz isn't astrophysics. With enough effort, anyone should be able to analyze transcriptions of their favorite pieces. What's the problem here?

Because nightcore just isn't technically very good. I used to, and still do to some extent, enjoy it. But it is just very, very amateur producers speeding up tracks, pitching up the vocals and maybe just adding in a synth line or two. When your main hobby is music and you spend so much of your time listening to and studying it, it's just really not appealing. It's like big stupid action movies. For an uncultured film pleb such as me, I enjoy the shit out of them. But if you really enjoy film and you study it and really examine it. Those films are fucking wank. When I listen to music I want something worth really turning my ear to. So, if you're just leaving stuff on in the background while you play vidya or something catchy while you're on the bus then there's nothing wrong with it at all. But when it comes to people for who, music is their passion, they will probably just see how simple it is. Also don't shit on jazz.

buddy. you literally discounted entire fucking genres of music in your OP. every person that first came to Sup Forums said something like you. we get it. you're intimidated because me know more about music than you do. i listen to shit like
youtube.com/watch?v=RWw4qNt8ASw
youtube.com/watch?v=5NBSHhGSQiI
youtube.com/watch?v=RH9kl6XZixo
youtube.com/watch?v=gvGaPqEhRoE
and
youtube.com/watch?v=ZXJWO2FQ16c
because these artists explore more interesting sonic palettes, use les obvious melodies, don't stick such obvious 4 on the floor shit on everything in such a boring way, and in general, give me more feelings when i listen.

I fucking hate nightcore because of pitch shifts

It's just unoriginal trash, lacking in any sort of creativity. Always the same gimmick being used without much variation at all.

There goes nothing. It's obvious he's here just to aggravate people.

No I'm not.

Great. How about a response to all of these people then?

All he needs to justify is one thing: pitch shifts.

Sorry I'm busy right now. Gimme some time.

why are people responding to this troll thread

You've had 3 hours.

>What kind of artistically retarded knuckle-dragger do you have to be to feel this way?
loaded question

See replies.

You make some good points. I listen to music either for entertainment or supplementary, for example to keep me energized while doing something else. In either I couldn't care less about the technicalities behind the song, that it fulfills its purpose is the only thing that matters.

>you're intimidated
lol
>youtube.com/watch?v=RH9kl6XZixo
I can't even tell if you are serious or just trying to troll me with shitty songs. Well, you give an explanation so I guess you are serious. The explanation is appreciated, what I wanted to hear in the first place. So you care about the music being unusual and feels. The latter is kinda subjective, the former I guess comes down to preference. I don't really care about popularity or how common something is, just whether I like it.

There's literally nothing wrong with pitch shifts. Maybe explain your trouble with them and then I can give you the answer you want.

Yeah, busy busy.