Do you believe that any of your favorite albums are PERFECT albums Sup Forums? I was doing some thinking last night...

Do you believe that any of your favorite albums are PERFECT albums Sup Forums? I was doing some thinking last night, and came to the conclusion that even some of my favorite albums are not, in my eyes, perfect. Some songs stretch on for a bit too long (PIC RELATED), some songs are unnecessary or don't fit the overal aesthetic, sometimes the overall aesthetic or tone isn't clearly defined enough... I still love those albums, they're my all-time favorites, but none strike me as so perfect that I wouldn't change a single thing about it.

Do you have a "perfect" album?

Other urls found in this thread:

murmuure.bandcamp.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

There is no such thing as "perfect" in music or any other art form for that matter.

there is

pic related

Spiderland

no album is perfect

The Moody Blues - Days of Future Passed
all of the orchestral sections are nothing short of beautiful and are probably the most beautiful piece of audio i've ever heard, while the prog-gy parts are triumphant, poetic and fit the theme amazingly
like said there's no perfect album, but DOFP is the closest any music i've ever heard has come to being perfect in every sense of the word
honourable mentions include:
beach boys - pet sounds
beach boys - smile sessions
the millennium - begin
fishmans - 98.12.28 otokotashi no wakare

I think in the context of music "perfect" means something more like finding enjoyment in flawed aspects.

So like pic related, I can't deny some of the lyrics are stupid as hell, but that doesn't stop me from loving them

Artists having flaws and seeing them overcome these and become better certainly affects the enjoyment I have of their albums.

No album is perfect but sometimes I can't imagine considering an album anything below 10/10 so
I just roll with it.

Giving albums number ratings is already super arbitrary. Music shouldn't be perfect and it shouldn't have qualitative values assigned to it in my opinion.

>No album is perfect but sometimes I can't imagine considering an album anything below 10/10

What do you consider a 10/10? I go through phases where I like an album but after a year or so my enjoyment of it lessens.

Wouldn't change a single thing about it.

No.
Yes to me

>The Seer-Swans
>SFTB-Swans
>F#A#()-GYBE
>Deathconciousness-Have A Nice Life
>Age of Adz-Sufjan
>Dragging a Dead Deer-Grouper
>Geigaddi-Boards of Canada

>>Age of Adz-Sufjan
You got some good taste right there

Impossible soul is so good it makes the rest of the album seem bad but in a good way. Its just impossible to live up to it

26 minutes is crazy long though

futile devices > age of adz > I want to be well > vesuvius > all for myself > impossible soul > rest

this is the most middle of the road, generic taste people say they have to seem interesting at 20 years old.

man i feel so old.

See it blows by for me
(you)

>make an album so good that next four albums might as well be from a different band

it is good, but their perfect album is this one

Literally cannot find this album anywhere
got a link?

murmuure.bandcamp.com/

If you genuinely believe futile devices is the best song on age of adz then you should kill yourself.

Maaan why do you gotta be so rude

No. this and also you can always find something out of the blue that you like better than your current favorite.

Nothing is perfect, user. Read some Plato

Why should I bother reading Plato when I know his writing is imperfect?

Why should you bother doing anything if everything in this world is imperfect?

I shouldn't

Once you realize nothing anyone does will ever matter life gets easier.

Literally everyone will have their own perfect album for a different reason

So what is what we call "quality" in terms of music, actually?

only album I ever thought was perfect was Trout Mask Replica
none of it drags on at all, even though it's a pretty long album, and I can't think of any way to make the album better than it already is

Kevin Shields is the only artist in history to ever achieve perfection

Its usually just the popular opinion.

These are the only 3 out of the hundreds (not thousands like some of you cool people) albums that I have listened to that I consider absolutely flawless

friendly reminder that you must be 18+ to post in this website

I can agree with most of those but deathconsciousness is far from perfect. The imperfections make it seem more personal I guess and it's one of my favourite albums but perfect is not how I'd describe it.

Patrician taste user

If Filosofem by Burzum only had the first three tracks I would have been a perfect album imo

Should be named FLAWLESS

Mezzanine. No question.

I can't find a flaw in this album. Not kidding.