Are F1 cars too advanced?

I'm starting to yell at the various manufactures in the F1 starting grid, who time after who are unable to create a car than can even drive.

Are the cars and requirements too advanced? Should they be made more simple so we don't have 25% of the "peleton" DNF'ing each time?

Picture very related

>Are the cars and requirements too advanced?
yes

this shouldnt even be considered a sport.

The thing that annoys me the most about F1 is how unbalanced the cars are, can you imagine the amount of memes that would need to happen for a team like Sauber to finish on the podium?

There should be tighter restrictions on how much money each team can invest into their car - like a salary cap rule that other sports have.

>There should be tighter restrictions on how much money each team can invest into their car - like a salary cap rule that other sports have.

Gentlemen, a short view back to the past. Thirty years ago, Niki Lauda told us: "Take a trained monkey, place him into the cockpit and he is able to drive the car." Thirty years later Sebastian told us: "I had to start my car like a computer. It's very complicated." And Nico Rosbeg said, err, he pressed during the race, I don't remember what race, the wrong button on the wheel. Question for you to both. Is formula 1 driving today too complicated with 20 and more buttons on the wheel, are you too much under effort, under pressure? What are your wishes for the future, concerning technical program, errrm, during the race? Less buttons, more? Or less and more comunication with your engineers.

Who's that to?

>not making the drivers build their own cars

Who here /brabham/

nico and seb

This become common in the big sailing competitions a couple of years ago. Or even better, every team gets the same car so winning jusr purely depends on the skill of the driver.

you didn't listen

can you repeat the question?

This is my favorite

>all the big teams make cars so good that the breakaway winner is whoever exploited the downforce rules best this season

Boring

OP here. I have no idea what I want in regards to technical specifications. I just don't want to see a bunch of cars that literally cannot perform their only task, driving

Watch Formula 2.

Thanks for the advice, I just might.
From whatever perspective you have though, a racing car should be able to drive. I can't really think of any other racing class, where the cars can't drive. Literally

I kind of like the different teams doing their own research, but maybe it would be better if all the engines were the same. Or a budget cap.

There are more than enough spec series to watch. Formula 1 has never been (and will never be) about the best driver only, but also about who builds the fastest car.

It's not about best driver at all though.
media talks so much about wdc but constructors is where the real talent is

>Should they be made more simple so we don't have 25% of the "peleton" DNF'ing each time?

have you not watched any Formula 1 prior to this decade? a third of the field dropping out is fairly common, not to mention with the simpler cars of the 80s and 90s you often saw that number closer to 40% with everyone but the top 5 having been lapped

At least those were actual failures or crashes, not
>a button on my steering wheel broke
>I spun it a little bit
>my turbo boost caught on fire

what you are looking for is in indy

>WAHHHHH MUH F1 IS TOO HARD FOR MY PUNY BRAIN

[spoiler]Literally nothing challenging about being an F1 drive as far as my is F1 sim experience is an authority[/spoiler]