Someone downloads entire discography from me

>someone downloads entire discography from me
>60kbps
WHY do people do this

probably never realized they could up the dl rate lol

downloading multiple albums from the same guy at the same time is a bitch move in general

the only people i check on whether they're hosting are people that download more than one album at a time

conversely, so is only sharing one album

I thought you downloaded at whatever speed the user allows

you do but by default your download speed is also limited to something slow like that until you change it

Oh I must have changed that early on, I don't even remember doing it

sorry for being a pleb but how do you change it?

>someone downloads karma police or some other single from me
>check their files
>completely unorganized mess of rock/pop singles and dance mixes
>blocked, unshared
>comment: normie scum

based

max dl and max dl/kbps on the sidebar next to your userlist

bottom of the download tab
I don't think it's actually limited by default

>rare release of an album is locked
Whats the fucking point of this?

>Check user info
>He has some insanely autistic requirements for having access to his things
There was some dude whose info said he would only unlock his stuff for you if he downloaded ten albums from you first and you had a faster speed than him, and he didn't even really have anything good.

That's better than no note at all and no responses to my messages.

>He has some insanely autistic requirements for having access to his things
I never understood these kind of people, do the genuinely think they have the fucking holy grail in their music folder?

>can't connect to them because of their turd world connection
>they ban you

wait, why? genuine question

>download soulseek
>immediately delete it once I remember torrents exist

in fact it's the opposite, it's set to zero which is unlimited

fuck off leech

fuck you buddy, i have my entire library shared you piece of shit motherfucker

lmao do you only listen to top 40

then you should know how it feels to have some guy shit up your connection by downloading 5 fucking albums at a time

It feels good desu. I like to share my music.

>I don't know how the internet works!
you are a fucking idiot

>use a long-standing p2p filesharing service
>get mad when you have to share files with peers
get the FUCK off my slsk you nufag redditniggers. I've probably been using it since before you were born

brb dl your whole library

go ahead friend, that's what it's there for! a warning though, it is 4tb of music. maybe make sure you have the space for it first

but its faster than torrent downloads and its guaranteed to be higher quality

insecure newfriend detected. you don't have to act cool around us user. we understand :)

A-am I being trolled? You know you're wrong right?
I have aspergers, please be direct.

my mistake, close to 5tb now actually

simply ebin

Where the fuck do you get torrents of rare albums in flac at 700kb/s?

As a SoulSeek newfag who has only ever downloaded 2 albums using it and never shared anything, do you hate people that just download and don't share? Does it actually affect people who share when you download from them or is it just the old pissed they aren't contributing as well?

It's definitely not faster than torrenting for me but yeah it's a lot easier and it's easier to find what I want.

most sensible users will have it set up so that you cannot download from them unless you have a folder shared. of course that doesn't stop you from just cockblocking anyone trying to download from you by cancelling, but it helps deter some huehues and other such retards away

just don't be a bitch and let people dl from you occasionally. you're not that poor, right?

>downloaded hundreds of albums
>never shared any
feels good XD

how should I set up soulseek. I've never used it. Do I just share my whole collection? I wouldn't mind. Do I need a VPN? I'm on campus internet

Rare is relative, but I have no problem getting what I want from RUtracker. And if it's not there, then I check the archive, then finally, soulseek.

And everything I get on rutracker has a well documented source; i.e. EAC rip logs, discogs page of the exact CD release, frequency spectrums to verify lossless quality.

And it's almost always faster than soulseek because torrents are many-to-many while soulseek is 1-to-1, meaning you can download different parts of album from multiple people all at once.

I just don't have anything really to share. I am a good moral fag who usually tries to buy albums. The only time I look to downloading is if it's not available for sale or if it's like one song, but the only way to get it is with the whole album or in a bundle. The 2 albums I downloaded though weren't for sale on Itunes or Amazon and were only sold on the artist's webpage, both for $19.99. I like music, but a standard album is not worth $20. Care to guess what two albums they were?

No idea, but yeah that is pretty jewy, especially for just digital copies

autism

That's definitely me. Mine's unorganized because they're quite a few entire discographies + concert recordings

>You know you're wrong right?
they're far more rare, by that i mean high quality of rare albums and sometimes even finding the albums themselves in some cases, while also not relying on seeds so yeah it does download faster

its a P2P file sharing service so yeah use a fucking VPN before the IT department cracks down on you

No excuses. 350GB, 90% FLAC library. Everything correctly tagged and organized, you need more autism in your life, normie.

SoulSeek sucks and all I wanted was for it to be dead and all the shit moved to torrent.

Soulseek actually has better availability than a torrent because so few people seed them.

confirmed for not being on rutracker

>people that lock certain releases and only 'trade' them

fucking neck yourselves

I am on rutracker. Wtf does that have to do with what I said? In general, and even on rutracker, very few people seed torrents. If I want an album, I can get it on rutracker but it's only going to have 2-5 seeders. On soulseek, dozens of people will have it, at questionable quality, but it'll always be available.

Rutracker does not enforce down/up ratios so what ends up happening is the dedicated few will seed. While on soulseek it's much easier for people to upload because they don't have to worry about .log files .cue files, and other technical shit.

>tfw sharing a single harsh noise song made in 30 seconds on audacity

Why don't you share, user? You don't have to do it all the time, just keep slsk open for an hour or so a day even if no one downloads from you.

Stop being a cretin.

just title it the name of some Sup Forumscore song that you pretend was released as a single and you'll get somebody eventually

>download albums from user
>don't share anything
True love right there

Soulseek is the single best software I have ever used in my life, so much rare music there. Granted, it's more dependable on the community but damn, no torrent tracker has such variety.

>some cocksucker literally right clicks and "Download folder(s)" my hardcore punk folder
>~1500 albums
>crashes slsk
>can't open it anymore because it automatically tries to load cuntface's 1500 album queue
>have to reinstall

That's when I learned about upload limits.

What's your username? I need to download your Memri folder

LMFAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

U think there's more than one guy hosting my obscure soulwax bootlegs at any given time?!? I need them all NOW

am I a fuck if I have my files locked to prevent nigs from driveby downloading all my r&b? I'd be willing to share if they asked for it.

>I'd be willing to share if they asked for it.
I guess it's fine then, just don't be like this guy

You got trolled lol

>people only download popular rap albums or new screamo albums
>nobody cares about the obscure shit i have
>eventually just locked everything because nigs cant into datpiff or free bandcamp albums

>new screamo albums
is there any good new screamo?
i'm tempted to get soulseek just to share all the screamo i've collect over the years -- and to hopefully find the Mare - II album

I liked the new shit by eyelet, coma regalia, youth novel, tiny fractures, things fall apart, and i can go on. Most of it isn't crazy sounding shit like orchid though. you should get on there. there's a couple screamo blogs i know that always upload old rare shit from soulseek.

i've had my internet crash twice from people downloading the Mellon Collie deluxe album from me. it was not fun

i need to look that stuff up. i've always been a huge fan of coma regalia and youth novel.
the only screamo blog i'm familiar with is open mind / saturated brain. i used to try and keep up with chug life but it looks like he stopped updating in late 2015.

>someone is downloading hiss spun from me

what should I do?

This Endless Breath still updates pretty regularly. Lots of obscure shit too.
The new coma/what of us split was pretty good. shirokuma and old gray both have new good releases. if you're not on a music tracker i have most of that shit v0 shared on soulseek. lilyungtrillgucci

>This Endless Breath
thanks for this -- i'll definitely be checking this stuff out.

>Someone downloads an album for one of your more obscure artists
>They come back a few hours later and download the rest of their discography
Name a better feel.

>tfw old online friend that you cut contact with downloads a random ass EP from your library
strange feel