Anglo-American love thread

Anglo-American love thread.
ITT: Britbongs say something genuinely nice about America, and Amerifags say something genuinely nice about Britain.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZJRqCq60Lc0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

56%

i like Britain and i wish it wasn't flooded with muslim rapists :(

Agreed

Every American I've met in Britain has defied stereotype and been well-educated, brilliant company and had a great sense of humour.

Former britbong living in the states here. While Britain is absolute shit in pretty much every way imaginable, I do miss a good Gregg's pasty.

The English, the English, the English are best!
I wouldn't give tuppence for all of the rest.
– Flanders & Swann

Personally i wish Britain had some of the ‘rights’ america has. I think it supports the people not the power

Now I really want a Greggs...

I never thought id miss them. Personally im a fan of the 3 for 4 sausage rolls. Good munch when high

Good old chicken bake for me

>I've met in Britain
That's the trick, you see.Émigrés don't stay put because they like living where they are. The Brits in the US keep yammering about how there are so many palm trees and swimming pools that you need a bloody gondola to get about.

No. I'm OP. You don't get to make the rules...

British people are probably smarter than us because their culture is not so totally debased. Compare our History Channel (Ancient Aliens, Manson Speaks!, etc.) with Brit documentaries on history. And good luck finding any arts programming in America. Or compare some piece of shit like CSI to a crime show like Wire in the Blood. I pirate the fuck out of Brit television, or I wouldn't watch any television at all. Thank you, Britain, for producing shows worth watching.

Stop talking about Greggs. I'm fucking hungry.

i fuck you both english scums, england is over and USA will be over soon

Future si Europe and China under the intelectual lead of France and Germany

deal with it , you are the past, start learning French or Chinese

Dear USA, your craft beers are the best I've ever tasted.

Good choice. Honestly miffed its midnight here as you have given me a need for greggs. Also discount greggs is best. All the rejected misshapen foods for cheeeeaaap

Very well, then. Rules are rules.
Bloody tosser.

I enjoy various American music (blues, country, rock n' roll) and tv shows (comedy, animation, drama). Picturesque landscapes and countrysides too

Imagine how he feels in the US show some brit solidarity

Thanks for jeans, I guess.

Thanks for the tea and lesson in imperialism

Taking a wild guess here … the animatronic Donald Trump in Disneyworld?

I'm nursing a Devil's Backbone hangover as I type..

I buy the frozen fuckers from Iceland for when I'm blazed or it's out of hours

America, I like your bourbon and streamlined penises.

Checked. And those are a god send. Nothing more british than a punch of edgy teens cooking up fucking freezer pastys gone out their heads.

YOooo wtf is that

youtube.com/watch?v=ZJRqCq60Lc0

I live in a fairly small town and we've got 5 Greggs in the town centre. 3 on the high street. Just in case you get withdrawal within 50 yards of leaving one.

Greggs tried going to America. Not sure if successful

(You)tried.jpg

Agreed

I love the stereotype that I have about america, that it really is free. but what i love is you nature, redwoods and shit, one day i'll head over and see it for myself

Love how this very quickly became a Greggs thread

Looks nice, but where is the pastry??

Same here. (Britfag btw).

And this, definitely Checked.

fuck yeah

Seems like you're pretty hard up for Greggs where you live. How the fuck do you survive?

It's tough mate, to be honest.

no problem, my dude

Was gonna say im jealous of american fast food but all this greggs talk has made me realise how well off we are here

To be fair though, Britain has a lot more history to document.
You're welcome to the TV. Pirate away Sup Forumsro.

¡Éxito!

What the dickens is occurring here?

Richard II + George III = Donald the Rump.

Cops eating Greggs.

You produced Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd.

Im trying to think of something else, but there's really nothing coming to mind. I guess half-heartedly abandoning North America and letting our revolutionary war play out as a foregone conclusion was nice, since it resulted in this insane country existing, but even that is a distant third, and not a definite score in the "win" column.

Wrong country, trumpster.

All I see is a cop smoking a cigar while some old blokes are getting blowies. Is it a pride parade, st. patrick's day, what?

Alan Turing, perhaps? Or any of the other precursors to Al Gore's Internet?

Y'all Brits make good marmalade

Agree. Had some rate laughs with americans over here. Top lads.

We could've had this. If this was a game of Civilization Britain would have made it to Alpha Centauri

Nah, computers and internet turned out to be a giant sewer system of human trash anyway.

That's only because yall figgits had no competition anfter the frenchies went broke

Not even the yanks who call themselves Irish drink piss on St Patrick's Day.

I admire the way Americans embrace not beating around the bush, saying exactly what you want and if something isn't right, standing up and fighting for it.

Shame we gave most of that back

Even if it's not genuine, the focus American companies have on friendly and polite customer service is nice.

>lessons in imperialism

For better or worse, Americans seem to be a lot more forward and instead of worrying about the impact of expressing themselves, just do it.

Yeah, but we got a bit knackered. That lot took a lot of energy.. I look at our situation at the moment as all the kids drawing a moustache on our face while we're having an afternoon nap. I'm sure we'll wake up and give everyone a telling off at some point.

Thank you for the Transputer. My Brit friends who worked there are quite bright and fun,

Thanks for letting Meghan marry Harry. They're nice together.

Midsomer Murders is great, but Hot Fuzz was awesomely funny.

I quite like that American sports appeal to casual followers who whilst not totally interested in sport, can still enjoy a fun day out with BBQs in the carpark and silly crowdpleasers like 'kisscam'.

It's not 'better' than the way we do things, just different. :)

Share and enjoy!
or
Go stick your head in a pig.

I love Simon Pegg

Sorry you let him leave the island, then?

I like the fact that most Americans are not the rabid president-worshippers we witness on Sup Forums and that the majority of Americans did not vote for Trump (or at least don't regard him as some sort of demigod).

assalamualaikum my UK Sup Forumsros in Great Britainstan

Hot Fuzz is amazing, as is Shaun of the Dead

That's not Simon, Chief.

I live Wimbledon and hate the French Open. US Open is in hot sticky New York but is ok.

I think it's great just how much Brits care about animal welfare and their pets. Seems like they care about the environment a bit more too.

Both hilarious.

Pic is my alma mater. Our universities are legend.

He's gonna shove a gamechild up your ass.

I like your constitution, having a gun handgun would be a lot cleaner suicide for me than the shotguns we're allowed

Had a great drunken night in Cambridge last week with a girl from Kentucky who kept ranting about Trump. Then kept telling me about how she loved "Bumphrey Hogart". Completely fell in love with her.

I like the bean and cheese pasty, tbqh.

I like that not all Americans are this ignorant of world affairs and can see past media spin.

Exit bag, schmuck. Besides don't kill yourself. Live to enrage you enemies.

Marmite is not entirely without merit.

American food is actually pretty good to be fair. Only thing I really miss is pasties and the occasional cheeky M&S lunch.

I like that Brits generally can take a joke, including one made against their own country without going apeshit.

That's some resemblance there, jeezus

Thank god that wasn't how it happened

Tends to be true about any place other than Trumplethinskin country.

>What the dickens is occurring here?
Just your average Saturday night in New York.

Thank God for Jim fucking Sterling son.

I like that Brexit uncertainty has crashed the pound so that holidaying in Britain is now cheaper for us. :)

Ad captandum vulgus and beyond!

roll

Honestly, I'm really glad I moved to the US. It was a bit of an adjustment, but moving from Britain to the states was the best decision I've made.

When's Michael Fabricant gonna get his turn?

All the historical buildings and castles that are everywhere, as well as the fact they have some bars that are older than the USA!

top kek