It's pretty fuckin' good

it's pretty fuckin' good

No one cares about this band anymore

A lot more uplifting than I expected but yeah it rules

Pretty great, imo. I have no clue why but no one seems to be talking about it

Sup Forums is being contrarian and all the newfags are freaking out over the band's politics. This is honestly their best post-hiatus release and might even be better than Yanqui

Band is supposed to be making 10/10 albums what the fuck. Sellouts.

t. Numale

I love how far from the standard "post rock" sound they've gotten. The guitar sound on this album alone is enough to totally set them apart from the imitators. I've always thought that the heaviness and noise especially post-hiatus put them in a special light, and the "avant-garde metal" genre descriptor on the press release for this album confirmed it for me, they've moved so far from the standard crescendo-core nonsense as to become a metal band while still retaining the catharsis that continues to set them apart

Yep agreed
Newfags and pol mostly

asunder was better

It's always very pedestrian when a band spouts their political views. Leaves a bitter sweet taste in my mouth.

/ourband/ over at /leftypol/. Best post hiatus

>get btfo
>panic and resort to your only known defense

wew lad. this crescendocore faggot band has always been trash. get some taste kid

buying vinyl tomorrow
Going to watch a soccer game in the evening, come home and drink 20 yr old scotch and miller highlife while listening.

I have few thrills in life any more, but this will be one.

But they have always been political like this. And in my opinion their politics and worldview enhance the music. But that's just me

>saying nobody cares about godspeed you! black emperor
>somehow user got btfo by this

??

Sup Forums is trash

The music itself has always been enough to build the abstract. But I could see how their ideologies enhance it for you.

>their politics and worldview enhance the music
agreed. for some reason I actually enjoy their music more after having read that promotion statement they made for this album.

sonic kino of the highest order

The fact that Sup Forums is more turned off by liner notes for this album than the ranting homeless people on their other albums outs the pseuds on this board for having never listened to them to begin with. If you're shocked by this album, you've clearly never heard Slow Riot For New Zero Kanada

>unzip the rip that's in the archive
>"Warning: there are some data at end of playback"

did I just get hacked by the hacker known as Sup Forums

>anymore

For sure. That press release was so cool, it made Sup Forums absolutely shit itself and built up a lot of hype for the album for me. And now keeping it in mind while listening is greatly enhancing it

My only problem is it's far too short. If it was like doubled in length I would like it. Not even with new parts, just play all the riffs and whatnot twice as long.

This

Their song descriptions are cringy as fuck and this is their worst post-hiatus release.
DBA>ASD>LT

Listened to it at work twice today and both times the final track stopped and I thought it was just a dramatic pause 2/3 of the way through the album or something, but about two minutes later I realized the album was over. This was the case even on the second listen (I was working so not 100% focused on the music, mind you, but still...), which should signify my level of disappointment. Nevertheless, it's a really solid album and sticks out as a "bright" release in their discography, which will keep my interest for years to come.

Prove me wrong.

t. brainlet

Them propagating their political views is more so mundane than it is shocking. It's always been a pet peeve of mine but certainly doesn't have enough of an effect to make me feel displeasure toward the music.

as hippie/naieve/etc as this souds, did anyone else sort of feel invigorated by that whole promotional statement? it was just really nice to see someone say that stuff so unabashedly. maybe the whole "the expect fuckers who broke this world" part is kinda aggressive but the sentiment was still really refreshing to hear

>prove me wrong
You were replying to me stating my opinion. You know what I think. Fuck off

I loved the press release. The "expert fuckers" bit was the coolest part.

FUCK I love this band

>Bosses Hang
Good thing they don't employ anyone, right?

I thought kids weren't allowed to post here. Obviously bosses employ people, but their goal is to maximize efficiency/exploitation and employ the least amount of people possible. It's not a noble quality.

I meant the band. You think the band doesn't have anyone under them that supports their endeavors?

oh, gotcha. and yes, I'm from the upper midwest.

I'm sure everyone who works for/with the band is friends with them or is affiliated with their collective or their label

I think doing a LYSF length album again at this stage in their career would be walking on eggshells. Skinny Fists worked cause it was so consistent and engaging, and always going somewhere new, but doubling the length on their later releases I fear would make them so much more mundane and meandering.

I prefer to see Asunder as a single track/composition anyways, as it was pretty much intended to be. If Asunder was twice as long, I'd hope it'd be new songwriting opposed to drawing it out more.

Asunder was essentially played as one long track when I saw them live. It was a visceral behemoth.

I really wish Asunder was "behemoth" and another track of the same length

one day i will see this band play live

i'll be picking up my copy tomorrow as well

enjoy it, my fellow user. just sit back with no expectations and enjoy.

Piss Crowns live almost made me go deaf. See them live if you can. At all costs.

Hands down the best show I have ever been to. Definitely see them live

>Politics in Art
>Pedestrian
lmao