Is it okay to take a day off from work because I didn't sleep?

is it okay to take a day off from work because I didn't sleep?

i've been busting my ass for the last two weeks, barely any rest, 40 hours a week. tonight I couldn't sleep at all and I have work in a few hours. I was gonna try to get in 2 hours of sleep but now the fire alarm in my building is going off so thats probably not happening

I'm not gonna say "yo I didn't sleep sorry" but I rarely call out so...

I work in retail. Specifically an eCommerce dept so I'd be one of two people closing, who are getting people's packages to them. It's been really busy so I will feel kind of guilty leaving the other person hanging tonight.

Just call in sick like an adult and leave it at that. It never looks good, so hanging up on semantics will not improve your situation.
Your coworker will probably hold it against you

America's workforce culture is fucked. You'll be harming yourself more if you didn't call in. Just take a day for yourself and recover. They'll try and guilt trip you or w/e but who even cares its your life.

do whatever the fuck you want dude, you're an adult now.

who gives a shit anyways

>is it okay to take a day off from work because I didn't sleep?
your health is more important than work. take the day off, Sup Forumsrother

let me understand, 40 hours a week is "busting your ass"? I did 54 hours in the past 4 days and it was a weekend.. fml

The coworker part I'm not worried about. The closer that I was with tonight left me hanging the other night with orders...but I'm a nice guy so I feel bad about it TODAY, but I don't care about future ramifications

Beahahaha you only work 40 hours a week and you call that busting your ass off ? Lmao

bruh, I respect the hustle. more power to you for working long hours. I know some people who are working 60+ and I could never do that. 40 a week is good for me and I live comfortable.

I do envy people who can afford living with 40 hours of work. You must be cracking 100s of k a year to live so relaxed. Good job! I too hope, one day, to retire and do only 40 hours a week.

Jeez man, 40 hours huh? Rough... I will have put in 11 12hr days by the end of next week. Plus I get up early to work out and starting Friday I go to night shift. How many hours is that? Man up and quit whining... Society these days is lazy as fuck...

Well 5 days * 8 hours is fucking tough user!

lmao oh you. my House is paid, my car is paid, there's food on my table, and my girl doesn't bitch. 40 hours, at $16 an hour, is fine for me.

40 hours, plus school. You man up. You chose eleven 12 hour days, not me

Good job? You actually want people to "man up" and live the shit life you do with that many hours? You think people envy you? They pity you. You have no life you only work. But go ahead and keep posting about how you "hustle" and how society is lazy because we choose to have lifes over slaving over to corporate America.

Im not that guy, but sounds to me like youre callinh in sick no matter what we say.
Also you dont know what busting your ass is. Personally, I work 12 hour days. 6 days a week. The only enjoyment I ever get is the 10 mins I spend eating a shitty truckstop bagel and coffee beforr walkimg back in to work again. This has been 9 years now. No end in sight. Ive never had problems sleeping, bustin my ass

It's not hustling when you break your ass off working and saving up so that retirement is not working. I live the American dream! Working at a job I love, making good money and helping the world to be a better place. It's called having a plan. I'm 34 this year and plan to be kicked back collecting retirement by 50. So who's to pity me?

America is fucked
I do 38 hours a week for the equivalent of $53k usd a year
How do people even have a life with 50+ hours

our work is our life I guess..?
I like what I do, have 13 employees to take care of, shit that needs to get done. At this rate I should be able to retire by 46.

No.

You work 40 hours a week. That's normal work week. You work 8 hours/day and the remaining 16 are yours. You can easily spend 8 of those sleeping.

Honestly, if you were my employee that shit wouldn't fly unless you had some sort of medical condition that brought about your insomnia.

>ITT Millenial is tired of working
/thread

40 hours a week is basic full time lmao, thats not busting your ass you pussy.

40 hours is a light week. I average 50-60 lmao

what is this snowflake shit? kill your self.

I know guys that work only 20 hour weeks and I bet they do 100x your work.

>thinks being a willing servant of corporate galley hortators is win
I'll bet porky loves you, slave

>ITT a bunch of anons lie about how they work so much harder than you, and you should just man up and never have a life outside of work

If you don't ask for many days off, and you don't think you'll be able to work at full capacity, it is reasonable to take the day off, rest, and come back the next day refreshed and ready to pick up the slack, maybe make up for it by working another day.

Thanks capitalism

I once took two weeks off on compo so I could sleep

Actually I'm a NEET but that still doesn't make what he's doing okay.

Fuck son your crying about 40 hours a week? Jesus I do 60 every week. But if you got no sleep call in sick. Its dangerous for you to be on the road and could hurt someone. But seriously 4 hours of sleep you can work so man up and start getting enough to do your job.

fag. i work 60 hrs a week no prob

Why wouldn't it be? Is this one of those American things again?
People take time off here in Sweden a lot.
No one cares if you need a day off.
I have 6 weeks worth of vacation days to take from so..

Go to work you fucking pussy. Suck it up.

Lol, all these faggots talking about working over 40 hours per week like it isn't pathetic. Get a real job.

>people actually bragging about how they work super long hours

Wtf is wrong with people?
I work at Toyota and have 6 hour days, lunch time included. Fuck working 8+ hours.
>inb4 lazy
No, just not brainwashed into thinking work is the most important thing in life..

I think it is an American thing or an anglo thing at the very least.

I'm British and I think we have a very unhealthy relationship with work. People often brag about how many hours they work and someone not working or working part time is frowned upon.

I really don't know why people are like this especially when many of these people who work 40+ hours a week are still poor as fuck. Working is not noble or praiseworthy. It's just something people do to survive.

People who work 40+hours a week and are still poor are either bad with money or work minimum wage and have kids.

Depends entirely on where you live. In a big city your money isn't going to go nearly as far as it would in a small town.

totally agree, i guess it is seen as some kind of nobility in working long hours. fuck that. I want to work as little as possible.

Just take a personal/sick day nigga. What's the problem? Doesn't matter why. It's the law to have them you know, so use them.

You know before industrial revolution all the rich troed to look whit (no tan) and after the revol. all the tanned poor people started working indoors in factories so it became fashi9nable to have a tan to shpw to people that you ate rich enough to spend time outdoors

+1
Slavery ended a long time ago

Here in Scandinavia it's the other way around. The less hours you work and the better.
If you tell someone you work like a 10 hour shift here people go like wtf.

40 hours? haha 70+ a week. lazy whiny fuck

Damn nigga. There are laws you know. 8 hours is 30 min lunch and 2 paid 15's. Why work so much? I'm a framer so don't even try to tell me about hard work. All I do is lift and assemble in dangerous conditions outdoors all year long.

If you're barely making it by even though those don't apply to you then you should probably find a new place to live.

go to work fgt

Maybe but then there's be fewer work opportunities available. That's the reason people live in tiny flats in big cities. They could probably afford a small house in the country but there are no jobs around.

I got 240 days off because we just got a child.
Here in Sweden both parents have 240 paid days off from work. Mom and dad. 480 days in total.

And my kid is a sleeper so I'm just playing PUBG and chilling.

Was gonna call bullshit but google says you are right..
Wtf.
>In Sweden, parents are entitled to 480 days of paid parental leave when a child is born or adopted.Mar 10, 2017

How the fuck can workplaces afford this?

How long till your government collapses?

Still going strong. Economy as well.

>How the fuck can workplaces afford this?
This is why we pay taxes.
I have kids my self and those 240 days saved my ass since I got no sleep at all for like 4 months..

If you even make it to 50, working 12 hour days for 20 plus years...

Mornin boys taking my morning dump before work

OP 40 hrs a week is standard but if you're in school I'll admit that's rough

The tw guys saying they do 12 hr days, you in the military?

Sounds like it sucks lol

>muh massive work hours
Kek if it's that important have fun.
I work part time, 4 hours a day. No more is needed. Then again I don't live in Murica so I still get paid enough to support my self.

I'm not saying move to a small town, I'm saying move to a cheaper home. There are probably cheaper cities around even if your comute is longer. Roomates are an option too, you should put an effort to find ways to save.

Master race of government. I've read about these Nordic ways. This is what every country should do.

in Europe (I'm from Belgium) we pay 50-60% of our income in taxes. When we have to go to the hospital, buy medicine etc. we pay 1/10th of the real price.

But to much money flows to sandniggers here

Go to work lazy nigger

>pay 50-60% of our income in taxes
Jesus. I pay 28% here in Sweden in income tax.

Can I come live with you, Swedish user? I'm clean, relatively young, and as soon as I get a job and get on my feet I'll move out, I promise.

i know a lot of u maybe wont belive this but this summer i worked 70hours a week for 6 months being payed around 3.3$ per hour everyday bro i had 2 days off per month and day off was not payed....i know slavery right? good thing i run away from that shiet never again

where were you working?

Sounds like me a few years ago, tbh. I worked 6 10 hour days a week for 3 years. In a coke making mill. Hot, dangerous, deadly work. I was away from home for about 14 hours a day, plus had a heroin addiction. So I spent my money and free time looking for dope to not be sick so I could go back to work on my 2-3 hours of sleep. I felt like I was gonna have a mental breakdown at points, yelled and argued with people, almost got into a fist fight with a dude that kept ducking me on money he owed me.

Take it. Find some weed. Helps recovery.

thats rough as fuck. what are you doing now?

Yeah, I don't know what his issue is. I've been doing 50 hours lately, starting 2 hours earlier than normal. It's tiring, but I'm not calling out sick over it. 40 hours is a normal work week.

Or. Don't be a pussy.
I put In 72 hours every week with rotating shift between 12 hour days and nights at a steel mill, and you're thinking about losing out on money because you didn't sleep?

>40 hours a week

I remember my first part time job

I got into another Union job that had a 5 year apprenticeship program, but I was still hopelessly addicted to heroin. Work in the mornings and school at night 2 nights a week. I somehow miraculously got through it by the skin of my teeth, almost got kicked out of it twice at least. I feel like I didn't learn much because I was dope sick most days because I refused to go to work high and embarrass myself. So as soon as I got my Union card in 2015 I stopped working to get myself clean. So now it's almost 2018, I am clean for over 2 years, and I haven't worked a day since then. I am terrified to go do that union gig because I feel I don't know how to do it. I really am tired of working construction, I know that.

if you're handling freight and you didn't sleep then yes, you should call in and tell your boss you can't work and he should be glad to hear it
allowing overtired workers on the floor of a freight warehouse is a sure way to get people injured

jesus christ fuck off all of you, let the kid speak and stop being the "oh look at me i work this much you can't be tired if im not" type

>40 hours a week
>Busting ass
HAHAHAHAHAHA

They have no nigs noggin

>people claiming they work more than 40 hours / week

thanks for beeing the slave cuck of this society while I earn probably more than you and have all the time I need to enjoy my passions

don't forget to be "proud" of how much of a cuck you are :^)

There should be literally no reason he doesn't have time to sleep if he's working 40 hours a week. 40 hours a week is pussy shit. That's a fucking normal work week. Are you kidding me?

do you have any dream career or something that you really want to do instead?

Maybe its not the fact that he doesnt have time to sleep but because he CANT sleep. Like insomnia, jackass.

He obviously can sleep because he skipped work to do exactly that. If he can't sleep then he's not tired. Go out for a run or something. OP is a whiny bitch that is most likely under 20. Probably his first job too.

>being this ignorant

>Hey boss
>Up all night in bathroom
>Didn't sleep boss
>Sick
>Not able to go today

If you're a quality employee you'll be fine. If you have standard nigger tendencies you might be fucked.

+1 holy fuck

I know how bad work insomnia is, and a 40 hour week doesn't mean you have the rest of the time off. OP could be a father, be in school, or just have other shit he has to do. A day off in a busy schedule is amazing

Lol all the faggots talking about 40 ain't shit.

Sure op is a faggot with a minimal labor job but 40 hours is 40 hours.

It's not like he's doing 40 hours hard aas labor but it's still 40 hours.

I work construction and I envy the 40 hour drones doing almost nothing for money.

I do 80 a week minimum, and it's hard fucking graft. Some people struggle with 40, and that's fine. You're on Sup Forums though and will only ever get judged by 18 year old soyboys that only have retail/IT support experience and get their tea cooked by mummy.

props to you man. I usually work 40-60 but can go up to 100-120 if we're doing catering. Life's hard.

when i started working 16 hours was fucking hard for me.
It made me want to die - longer weeks just take getting used to

for real though OP

You're better to take a day off, get some sleep be a better worker & offer to pick it up on one of your off days,.

Every single one of you motherfuckers that are all "look at me I put in 100hrs a week". You will die with nothing. You'll grow old with no one. I work next to a guy who lives and breathes this paperwork. It is a goddamn shame because there's no life for him. Sure he just bought a $400 some odd k house...but it's empty. Just him and the ringing of telephones the slamming sound of staplers crashing. There's more to life. Not saying don't work hard. I'm saying bragging about all those hours is going to kill you and you'll have nothing to show. There's a reason motherfuckers don't have trailers at their funerals. American work culture will kill you dead and the company won't give a fuck about you after you expire. Do yur time, do shit you love.

My 2 cents from what I've learnt.

I worked for a company for 10+ years and hardly ever took a sick day. If I did, the boss ended up calling me in anyways.

By the I finished, I had accrued roughly 3 months worth of hours in sick pay.

Do you know how much of that I got paid out to me ?

NONE. ZERO. $0.00

Take the fucking sick day !

Next, find a better job or use your skills and go into business for yourself. The stress and long hours are not worth it when you are being paid as an employee

I was in the same spot. After I quit and went to a new job, my hours kept going up. I told the boss no more and they tried to dog me, giving me an ultimatum , either do the more hours or quit. This is after 3 years of loyal service (again no sick days)

Luckily I had started a business on the side that was that was growing. I decided to take a chance and go for it. Told the boss they can get fucked I quit.

Best day of my life. I walked out at 1pm, took my shirt off and put my business shirt on and have never stopped.
1 year later of operating by myself and I am earning 4 times my salary ( I was 55k a year) and still growing

Now I hire people and treat them like slaves .... MUHAHAHA

Me too user. But im half of the weeks are 5 days. 6 on days, 5 on nights. What steel producer?

I put on a nice suite and take a fat dab of cannabis concentrated live resin everyday before I leave my house to go to the office. Works like a charm and stupid motherfuckers are are but insects to my eagle high.

WORK SO YOU CAN LIVE. DON'T LIVE TO WORK.

There a lot of sad fucking people in this thread

>Soyboy

Want to know how I know you are a faggot?

>doing almost nothing for money
Just because you chose to be a labor ape for your money doesn't mean that people in offices (I assume that is what you're shitting on) don't work hard.

Het your pussy ass together. 40 h/w is nothing.

Call in and blame CAP 2.

What is life?

So you became what you hated. Congratulations you're a piece of shit like all of your old bosses, you didn't learn a fucking thing, bitch made nigger.

>40 hours a week
>can't handle it
>kek

I'm sure there would be a meltdown if you didn't attend, you have to go man it's life or death.

that sounds really gay you sound like the typical person in their 40s who feeds the american economy monster

I live in Korea, 60 hour weeks are pretty standard for most fuckers here. You should get used to 40 hour weeks, it's about optimal for work/life/income balance. A lot of people just get jealous because they are suffering having to work stupid long hours due to their own shitty life choices. Fuck those guys, they just want to feel superior.

Fucking this