If you could save one (1) musician from dying who would it be

if you could save one (1) musician from dying who would it be

Other urls found in this thread:

pitchfork.com/news/frank-zappa-hologram-going-on-tour/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Chris Cornell :(

definitely lennon. the decline of pop music starts in december 1980.

Nick Drake

Colonel Sanders

I don't know who in their right mind would pick Lennon, he didn't contribute anything meaningful in his solo career.
I'd pick Jimi, Tim Buckley or Shinji Sato.

Kurdt probably had the most remaining potential of all untimely musician deaths. Maybe Jay Reatard though.

Buddy fucking Holly

ye

Yeah, probably Cobain. Would love to hear how a studio Do Re Mi would have sounded.

soundgarden was shit tho

fuck that commie fag

true

jimi would be interesting to see what he would come out with. he'd probably be bb king tier

stevie ray vaughan imo

Brian Wilson

it's going to happen though :(

>soundgarden was shit tho
wrong, but i preferred audioslave anyway

Elliot Smith

I always prefered Band of Gypsies, so hoping he'd have done some shit with Miles Davis and that would ease my my soace.

but SRV is good choice. th likely never would have progressed much.

if lennon was still alive, or died of old age then there wouldn't be this endless adulation of the beatles- giving time in the 1980s for another band to take their place. rock music entered a time flux when he died. no band can break the beatles myth now. things were starting to turn around with the punk and new wave moment, but when he died, it became impossible for people to get over the beatles.

I'd like to see what Frank Zappa would be saying today, but in terms of music I'd really like to see
what Rowland S Howard would be doing in terms his music now, his writers block was awful in the 90s but Pop Crimes was pretty solid.

kanye west

pitchfork.com/news/frank-zappa-hologram-going-on-tour/
is this close

chester. Fuck I still can't believe he's dead. Linkin Park was so good

probably John Balance and Sleazy from Coil, I feel like they had at least one more masterpiece in them. and I wish for his own sake and Sleazy's that John would've had a chance to get better and recover
unironically this though. also maybe Mark Linkous (Sparklehorse)

curtis mayfield. he was past his musical prime but i just wish him a better life than what he went through later in his life

Gr9 b9 m9

My answer is Jeff Buckley. Most other answers already put out plenty of great material while alive, his career was cut incredibly short so it'd be neat to see what he released after Grace.

PETER GREEN
I know he didnt really die early, but his brain did
God those early Fleetwood Mac albums may have had the best musical lineup of all times with Danny Kirwin and Jeremy Spencer's slide and peters perfect tone all set off with the best under appreciated bass and drum duo ever

>Mark Linkous (Sparklehorse)
He hadn't put out a good album in nine years when he died. I'm not trying to be a dick, those first three Sparklehorse albums are really special, but his best days were behind him, music-wise

This.
It was plebbish manslaughter. He should still be here.

haven't actually listened beyond the first three yet desu so I wouldn't know. there's always the chance for a late-career comeback though, as rare as they are Mark was one of the people who could've pulled it off

but suppose he was mentally healthy and continued on with fleetwood mac. Then we don't get the lindsey/stevie version or the Rumors album

i'd trade in that rebate to remove 1 year of life from every living musician

I often find myself wondering how music today might be different if he hadn't died.

TThat would have been his greatest gift of all.

Altho TUSK is a fantastic Coke dream