Write 100+ songs over the course of a year and a half

>write 100+ songs over the course of a year and a half
>only like 10 of them at most
What the fuck is wrong with me, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PIb6AZdTr-A
clyp.it/hpxl0fwb
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

do something else

you made 90% shitty songs

take the best part from the last 10 songs you wrote and combine them into 1 song

Why you pumping out so many songs? Just put a lot of effort into a couple.

quality over quantity you spastic

You are doing it right user, most artists are probably just like that. Just make sure you are not commiting the same mistakes as you create new material, and always try experimenting, learning and introducing new ideas and musical devices into your songs.
Think like this: each song you make you are just going to get better at this

>Write one song since 1999
>It's now 2017
>This song has over 200 mixes and is an aural diary of my life

I'll never release it

ITT: bad advice

Constantly generating new creative content gives you a higher chance to stumble upon something that you can tweak to make a masterpiece. Only chodes think that you should put precious time and effort into everything.

Good. Now take the songs you like and put them up on bandcamp as an album.

So you've got an albums worth if material in a year and a half. Now you focus on those ten songs. What's the problem here?

I'm not saying that trying out a lot of new things is a bad idea. I'm saying if its not working for him, maybe try something else out.

They don't flow together as an album......

Im very jealous. I managed to write zero full songs in the last ten years. Im a failure and I'm ashamed.

write a hit record, kid

youtube.com/watch?v=PIb6AZdTr-A

>being a corporate shill
yeah no thanks

This shit is the reason why Tupac was able to release so many albums after being dead.

loser

Can we hear it?

upload the latest mix right fucking now

tweaking IS the effort

identify why you don't like them first of all and try to avoid that in the future. as an example, consider an artist who wants to get better at drawing. what is the relationship between quantity and quality? simply """doing it"""" isn't enough, you need to diagnose the areas that need work and WORK CONSCIOUSLY ON IMPROVING THOSE AREAS ONCE YOU CAN ISOLATE THEM,

intelligence is in a sense the ability to teach yourself how to improve

>100+ songs over the course of a year and a half
maybe spend more than a week on them
>oh man so much artistic integruhtee
ah, so you're 16

are they all of a similar style/genre? if yes then I don't see why not

No, what I'm saying is that I don't give a shit about writing top 40 tier pop songs.
The range is as broad as experimental tape stuff to simple pop punk
clyp.it/hpxl0fwb

This is one of the more simple ones. I have way more complex stuff than this

I like the song desu but I also have garbage taste so idk

I like this song

that's actually a fantastic achievement. if i don't like a melody or a riff i write then i absolutely would never turn it into an entire song

brian wilson gave that exact advice to aspiring songwriters once. he said that if you come up with something you should immediately turn it into a song before you forget it. it hits home when i realize how many "riffs" i have saved on my computer

this actually isn't as bad as i thought it would be. it's a little too folk-punk for my taste but it's not bad at all

do you know music theory?

yep, studied it for two years

you could try taking the chords from some of your songs and playing them backwards/combining them with each other

people did that back during the baroque period there's no reason you can't

dude this sounds like neutral milk motel lmao

I was thinking the same thing. In a good way, of course, op