Why do you prefer WEBMs over GIFs? I get that the quality is better and they can have sound...

Why do you prefer WEBMs over GIFs? I get that the quality is better and they can have sound, but I hate having to play WEBMs in a browser. I don't want the Internet to open up every time I want to play a saved WEBM on my computer. How do I get around this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YLkH9Er0u4Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Set your video player as a default app for .webms. That's what I do with VLC.

Hm.

in addition to better quality they are smaller files more efficent for bandwidth.

>cool tricks, keep going mate

What's the best way to convert videos to WEBMs instead of GIFs?

just fucking google it. Oh, and enjoy your viruses :D. You have to take the risk mate

How do WEBMs give you viruses?

not webms, the converters. They are infected quite often.

Ah, so that's why I'm asking which one to use, assuming people on Sup Forums use them a lot. Which one is NOT fishy?

Which one do you use? I don't want to use Google, it's why I came here. I don't know which ones are safe.

There is no non-fishy ones.

>Internet to open up
You don't need internet to use a web browser for local files, grandma.
youtube.com/watch?v=YLkH9Er0u4Y
[citation needed] let me guess, you're also suggesting that antivirus cant detect them

GET AN EXTENSION CALLED "IMAGUS" with it you just have to hover over a picture or gif or webm then it plays. if you want press z to enter zoom mod and z to exit zoom mode.

you are welcome ps it works on all webisites!

I appreciate the YouTube link, but there's no way I'm spending 5 minutes just to convert one image. That's nuts. GIFs it is!

Thanks, but that still opens it in a browser. I don't want that. I want to be able to play WEBMs without using a browser.

get an application called "directory opus" its called a preview pane it works for text files , music , videos u name it !

u are welcome

Fucking retard

BTW its very heavyly customizable ,by default it autoplays the video and loops it , it should take you a couple of days to get the setup of directory opus just right :)

It's pretty slow to convert, but I have a shit laptop and I cant get it to work with multiple cores.
10 min video in 5 minutes

K.

Play them in a media player you degenerate fuck

>Why do you prefer WEBMs over GIFs?

The quality is better and they have sound.

How do I play webms in firefox on an android phone?
When I open one it just shows a black box.
I can copy/paste the address and open VLC, but that's a PITA. I'd like to know a way to play them in firefox (android).

Premiere or Vegas plugins