Good god this is tedious

Good god this is tedious.

Why are 90s rap albums so long and generic?

I think once you look past nostalgia, most people can objectively agree that hip-hop is in its prime now.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YCGzRQjX2eQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No, that's just Mobb Deep.

Rap's prime was mid-00's and if you think today's hip hop is prime you're objectively an idiot.

You have to be 16 years old. There hasn't been a good hiphop album since OutKast stopped making music.

>DUDE LOOK AT THIS MEME
>IT MENTIONS KANYE, SUPREME AND MILLENIALS
>KENDRICK IS THE BEST BUT THAT NEW JAY Z BANGS DOE

stoooooooooooooopid

>tfw can't enjoy morally bankrupt thug rap but also can't get past the snobbiness and condescending "saving hip-hop from itself" narrative surrounding indie "conscious" hip-hop
What's left?

DUUUDE, KEEEENDRICKKKK!

Mobb Deep is one of the goats, fuck right off you teenage piece of shit.

Imagine being almost 30 and still browsing Sup Forums lmao

You're literally no better than dads who think rock peaked with Dark Side of the Moon

people felt like albums had to be long and full of filler to justify the purchase. just the way it was.

Jay Z is shit as well.
Not a surprise since he's also a NYC rapper from the 90s.

not true at all illmatic was short and to the point

are kids these days all retarded faggots or just OP?

>mid 00s
Nelly, Ja Rule, 50 Cent, Lil John... great stuff

>enjoying a rap album
>one whole track is a bunch of answering machine messages

why the fuck is this allowed

Give any current hip hop album 20 years and it will sound generic too

all of these people peaked before the mid 2000s
you truly know your stuff

No it sounds generic within its own context. Meaning that its beats mimic its own beats. One track just goes into the next with the same beats, same flow, no distinction.

It's no secret that hip-hop ages like milk. See

I'm not a dad and it totally did lmao

>Objectively
Get shot.

Ah, a fellow born in le right generation connoisseur I see.

What did you think of the latest Migos and Lil Peep my patrician friend?

This is the take of people that listen to less than 10 new hip hop albums a year.

>40 years ago
>I said a hip hop, a hippy the hippy to the hip hip hop you don't stop the rock
>haha I bet this new hip hop shit will never sound dated

The Shady Aftermath label was great during that era. Then the southern rap like TI's Urban Legend and King. There was really nothing better than that time, and unlike a lot of 90's rap it sounds just as good today.

Nothing that comes out today compares to just one of TI's songs when he was in his prime. You'd know that if you weren't a little faggot.

stuff like white lines aged rather well tbfh

TI basically sounds like Pitbull now but between Trap Muzik and Paper Trail he was unstoppable.

Nelly, 50 Cent, and Ja Rule individually are all better than every post-2012 rapper combined. and Nelly is hardly even a rapper

I love love love the "there's no way I'll be posting here when I'm all old like you" self-reassurance jab.

there is nothing wrong with Rapper's Delight you effeminate numale

Ain't no such thing as half way dubs

Right Back At You is a harder song than anything released by any rapper in the last 10 years
Dated sound? Sure.
Bad because it's dated? Not at all

Well I'll be damned

a lot of people hated on 50 cent at the time but it was hard af and a million times better than rap today

youtube.com/watch?v=YCGzRQjX2eQ

he literally bullies a man for being possibly homosexual. It's aged horribly, that would never fly today

I think it's so funny that people still care about rappers having ghostwriters when one of the first influential hip hop songs ever included a rapper spelling out somebody else's name