Best shit hit the fan watch

Best shit hit the fan watch.
Alright lets talk about something that could happen in our lifetime. A shit hit the fan situation. Weather it is a nuclear attack, solar flares that disable everything electronic or some weird flying rock that fucks up the earth.
I feel it would be this. Solar power/atomic time (possibly the military would have up working broadcasts for universal time)
Its thin, lightweight and small profile.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.soundcloud.com/crazedh/buried-and-gone
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>>solar flares that disable everything electronic

than

>>atomic time

pick one

gamma ray burst. billions of times stronger than solar flares. just sweeps by, destroys the ozone layer and turns all life to hard-boiled egg.

"Have you ever wondered why there are so many dead worlds out there? Let me tell you why - it's because despite the best advice of people who know what they are talking about, other people insist on doing the most massively stupid things" - Galen, B5

that, and gamma ray bursts.

>not a mechanical watch with few complications that won't shit the bed 10-20 years after your solar watch will die a horrific death
Hell even a normal battery powered watch is probably better in post-apocalyptic scenario if you just buy a box of batteries beforehand

If the shit hits the fan in any serious way why would you need a watch? If anything you would have to have at least 2 so the other person you're trying to keep in temporal sync with has one.

you need to read user, then come back and review your reply

idiots have asked me this before.

I thought about this too. I feel mechanical could take a shit with one fall

Well for starters
>don't drop your watch on purpose
>you won't drop your watch if it's always on your wrist, unless you're the one who drops
>non-shit mechanical watch should take hard-ish hits
Hell a fucking russkie Vostok Amphibian that costs like 60$ withstands wood chopping, not that it's healthy for it

so its impossible to fall and not hit your wrist?

So instead of name calling why don't you answer the question o enlightened one? The masses have existed by timekeeping from the sun for thousands of years, what does ONE precision watch do that I can't do by looking at the sky?

No, it's very possible, which my point was, that you won't hit your mechanical watch strong enough to brick it without doing it on purpose

For one, you can use an analog watch as a compass

I would hope I wouldn't by my gs have taken nasty hits by mistake

I can only hope that you underestimate the durability of watches/mechanical watches and you haven't actually tried to open a coconut with your watch

i don't estimate mechanical watches to be better than the G in the OP

I've stated my reasons why would a solar watch be inferior in my opinion at PA world, but we're all just talking out our asses anyway since non of you fat fucks would survive the apocalypse itself to experience PA world

I did it user. With your permission I'll come back.
As you can see, I own the GW-M5610. It's my beater and I fuckin LOVE it. Tough little bastard. But can you guess what happens when you wear it in rotation with other watches?
The famous 80 days power reserve of the solar battery is total bullshit! Leave it in the drawer for 48hrs and it's gone. Shows me 12.00h / 01.01.2013
You see, I'm aware of how the atomic time works and BELIEVE me these towers won't work if there's a massive EMP or anything of the sort. I'll take my chances and go with the automatic watch... cos I don't own Casio F-91W. The ultimate watch!

Granted but how many solar power/atomic time military watches are analog? Not many people know how to do this. And I have a nice compass.

Not dissing knowing what time it is. But watch is being totted as survival critical item when other then 2 guys with watches trying to sync up an attack I don't see it as a necessity. I would take a trenching shovel over a watch any day.

This. And a big fucking knife!

tbh any blunt object is better than a watch since you can just bash some poor fucker and now still have the blunt object + poor fuckers watch

Nigger

m.soundcloud.com/crazedh/buried-and-gone

I was thinking of trenching shovel because of its overall utility compared to a watch but assuming guy with the watch isn't armed I suppose this is true too.

do you use the power save feature on it?
you don't think the military would set up a few towers after a blast or whatever to sync shit like subs etc?
My wifes F-91

I always have one in my truck, along with a tomahawk