How did a tiny island in the middle of nowhere becoming the greatest nation in history?

Other urls found in this thread:

softpower30.portland-communications.com/ranking
youtube.com/watch?v=Z1-bnbeP8VA
youtube.com/watch?v=peLdO1t6TVQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Financial_Centres_Index
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Coal.

1.Being an island gave Bongistan protection from the continental european kingdoms that would have wrecked them if they were connected to Europe.

2.Easy access to the Atlantic Ocean made colonizing the New World easier.

3.Lots of innovative inventors.

I mean before third world immigration.

We're not a tiny island

Because they're white, duh.

How are you greater than Britain? I hate this meme, because it only looks into the current year.

Britain has built a massive Empire, that has formed modern civilisation. Without this Empire, half the world would still be tribal and petty. Britain has made the greatest innovations and scientific achievements, along with Germany. America is a close second, of course.

Honestly, America isn't the greatest nation in history (and if we include nations like Rome and their Empire, then you guys are really wrong).

New Zeland isn't that great

Didn't have to spend a fortune having a standing army like the continental powers, (which they could invest in muh empire,) an abundance of the resources required for industrialization, and of course muh wooden wall and merchant marine giving them the ability to edge give my maintain large overseas holdings.

Also probably Jews with red shields

We were chosen by God

But he's currently been smiting us and the eternal Kraut helped cripple us and the White European dominion over the earth

But it is the current year

The greatest nation? You mean the one that produced liberalism that is toppling Europe now? Britain was ok until it started to fight the catholic church. Now it's a dying country serving the interests of hedge funds

We more or less run the entire globe, all without using brute force (except as a last resort.) The British empire was just a collection of random countries that were weak enough to let themselves get conquered. The American empire exists because there is no one that is strong enough to openly defy us.

>edge give my

Fucking autocorrecting Jews

More Canadians polishing their teeth to suck English Royal dick.

Their cancer never ends. I officially unironically hate Canadians now.

>Unless you mean Australia which in that case is the worlds greatest Island and in many ways is equal to America in meme power.

They stole ship building technologies from King Wewuz

this is the fate of every successful nation you retard, once you attain victory you stagnate because theres no one else left to fight so humans do what we've always done and we turn on ourselves, humanity is ALWAYS looking for the next battle because fighting is one of the most basic instincts in any creature Alive, you fight to survive and when theres nothing left to fight you grow fat and complacent until something younger comes along to finally destroy you

Be nice to daddy

Step one: realize you are weak, tiny and isolated. At this point in your history you just got done paying taxes to semi-occupying Scandinavians you could not oppose.
Step two: given step one, your only defense option is UNIVERSAL ARMAMENT. Every man is a soldier. Maybe he's not mobilized at the moment but every man Jack is part of a huge ultimate reserve. This is the yeomanry, called in America the militia.
Step three: from the widest possible candidate pool (see step two), encourage competition and the maintaining of high skill.
Step four: be so good with a bow and arrow that the French give up being what had been the best heavy cavalry in Western Europe and opt for just building really, really good castles.
Step five: Portugal's Prince Henry develops a "skunk works" to concentrate and accelerate research into making the best possible sailboat. Befriend Portugal so you can steal their tech.
Step six: limes.
Step seven: Keep carpenters and raw materials on every warship so that even as other navies try to knock you down, stuff is getting fixed.

overwhelming naval power due to being an island separated from continental europe, we could afford to pour money into our naval and merchant fleets. we benefited from the same isolation the USA benefited from during the world wars.

Look at me

>I'm the Daddy Now

Tuvalu??

>eternal teuton*

Except you don't. You don't run the world. I really don't understand this meme and when I ask people to explain they normally respond with basic facts like, 'America has the biggest GDP in the world' or 'America has the largest military force in the world', without actually explaining why that makes them control the world.

As for America using 'soft power' - that's silly. In the Rankings, America is THIRD for Soft Power, whilst Britain is first: softpower30.portland-communications.com/ranking

Now, that doesn't necessarily, mean Britain is the most powerful - we certainly can't do as much in wars as America can, but we don't need to since wars are differently now - but we are still equal in power to America.

But seriously, explain to me why America runs the entire globe, all with using soft power. I'd like to know.

Oh, and also - Britain had a large soft power index at the height of its empire, since it literally controlled the sea, thus it controlled the trade routes of the world. America can't do that, and I can't think of a time when it could.

This is more of a /his/ question but why did it take so long to discover Australia?

It's basically right next to the ancient Indian ocean trade routes and none of those huge trading boats ever discovered it.

>Britain
>Greatest nation in History
Barely cracks the top 3
Roman > Mongol > British

>step six
I admit, although you're a yank that was pretty funny.

here's the problem if you grow up in the US the television will make you believe that the US invented all the great technologies. The fact is some of these technologies came from Japan and China.

Same with the UK. As a child watching the BBC you would grow up thinking Britain invented all the best technologies. Fact is many came from the Germans and some from the Arabs.

let me ask a question who invented the internet?

>America
>Strong in meme power

Sup Forums is much stronger in meme power than America. And a lot of the Trump memes - like Can't Stump the Trump or using the God Emperor from Warhammer - are rehashes of brit memes of Farage - Can't Barrage the Farage and God Emperor.

I agree that nations rise and fall but nevertheless their contribution must be judged. And english liberal thinkers like Locke are just worthless pieces of crap. Look what is left of Britain now

Britain was able to seize any wealth that peasantry had. It successfully employed children to work in coal mines. Britain created a new powerful force, the proletariat. Finally it was able steal and divide the wealth of the catholic orders. Modernity is pretty much one social force dominating the whole country for a while, exploiting others. This was the case with british peasants. They were robbed and exploited mercilessly by the british elite that was able to finance colonialism thanks to that. But when the poor stood up against the rich, liberal elites the country had to become what it's now - torn apart, wasting the reserves it has left, where fucking communism is still popular

Mostly Britain with packet-switching and the WWW, but America did make the ARPANET, which was essentially applying the idea of packet-switching to form the internet.

Here come all the Americans saying their country is the greatest to ever exist kill yourselves please.

actually the BBC has been blatantly pro-multikulti for a good decade or more, documentaries that show pre-war britain in a good light are pretty rare

Explain ranking system.

Mongol, although big, didn't leave a massive impact. It's only something to be marvelled at.

The British Empire is the spiritual successor to the Roman Empire, as in they had the same impact but for different time periods. And, for all those who say the Roman Empire is better because it paved the way for the British Empire and for primitive European civilisation, then that's not really an argument. Yes, it did pave the way for the future, but so has the British Empire - and that logic can be applied to arguments like 'the HRE is better than Kaiser Germany, because the HRE paved the way for the Kaiser Germany' - NO! That's boring and really stupid.
Do you understand my argument?

>mongols

Literally conquering a lot of grass and being a horse nigger

>future president is a puppet of the rothschild, who are buddies with the british royals
so much for muh revolution

The US uses its military to take down governments that it doesn't like, then either leaves the nation in ruins or places a greatly corrupt leader that will not work for the benefit of the nation.

>Has the most powerful military by far, including military bases in just about every country
>Our culture permeates the globe (Americanization)
>Highest GDP despite having 200M less people than Europe and far less than China
>We have the de facto capital of the world, New York
>We hold by far the most weight in the UN (headquartered in NYC btw)

There is really no metric you can use to argue that the USA isn't essentially the ruler of the world. We are what Rome aspired to be but couldn't accomplish for obvious reasons.

God bless this totally awesome and invincible nation.

they didnt care about the feeling of shitskins

Romans only had the 17th largest empire in history, mongols just let people do their own thing still and occasionally give the khan money, not really much of an empire. Brits controlled 25% of the known world and in colonized those areas, not just controlled them.

Working out really well for you isn't it.
You know, all those Middle Eastern leaders sure love you.
Honestly, I hate to sound like most of the fags on here - but don't you think that your government is being paid by rich Jews who you to continue war in the Middle East to give you an incentive to donate to Israel. Do you think that really your government, and country, is being run by Jewish money?

Because in the past hey had men like pic related

Who gives a shit what a bunch of sand niggers think?

>We hold by far the most weight
Really not something to be proud of

sleight-of-hand business arrangements.

>>Our culture permeates the globe (Americanization)
The most American things in my life are my Nalgene bottle and the fact we use pumpkins instead of turnips at Halloween.

Also your country is owned by China and Saudi Arabia with a $19 trillion debt. If any of these nation want their money back, America will go into a state of depression.

The tiny island's inhabitants had to continually defend themselves from barbarian European invasion, they became good at war and experts at sea.
This continuous warfare led to scientific advancement like the blast furnace that enabled them to overcome far superior numbers in battle with standardized production of munitions, they then went on discovering and chasing wogs all over the Earth.

Didn't they get funded by the Rothschild for a while?

>Mostly Britain with packet-switching and the WWW, but America did make the ARPANET

Very nice. And there are blacks in America that say an African named Emeagwali invented the internet. Here's a video of Bill Clinton giving him credit for an algorithm that makes connecting 100 computers to each other seamless.

My point is as a Brit you're going to have a hard time, as I have, when most people grow up thinking their country is the best.

youtube.com/watch?v=Z1-bnbeP8VA

>We more or less run the entire globe
Ah huh, how's the Crimea situation going?

>New York
London's the financial capital of the world, but - to your pleasure - it won't be for much longer with Khan at the reins.

>Highest GDP most powerful military
Read my post: >We hold the most weight at the UN
You don't really. Everyone in the security council has equal power. And, the UN HQ being in America doesn't prove that America's has the most power in the UN.

>Americanisation
Although I will agree that your culture is very powerful. I won't go as far to say it's the most powerful as of now, again - with the soft power index, which measures cultural relevancy - Britain is the top. Now, that's no real evidence, which is why I'll settle for the known fact of - 'Britain's culture is as powerful as America's culture, and both cultures are very similar due to their anglo roots'.

What does british or american liberalism have to do with the classical tradition? USA which is a nation of modernity, which is a treason of Europe is supposed to be a roman successor? Do you have any idea about the intellectual history of Europe? Classical education in your countries must literally be limited to just XVIIth century

This thread surprisingly has next to none shitposting right now, mostly reasonable arguments. I am proud of everyone here.

When I say mostly, that mostly comes from patriotism and a certain view. As an American, I'm sure you can argue that America invented ARPANET, even if some British ideas came to use, thus America technically invented the internet.

As for the niggers - well, they're niggers, and they'll always think 'we wuz inventors n' shieet', when in reality, their inventors, and inventions, look more like this: youtube.com/watch?v=peLdO1t6TVQ

London is the world capital for money laundering. That's literally it. It's rather hilarious how your elites wear that title with pride in spite of that. NYC is the actual beating heart of global capitalism.

Your military lost against the Vietnamese only a few decades ago despite massively outnumbering them and having vastly superior technology.

>America will got into a state of depression
Everyone will, since America is closely connected to the global economy. And before any yanks claim this proves their superiority, I'll say that Britain and Germany can do the same thing, since they're just as connected.
That's why we should all be worried about the migrant crisis in Europe - not just for cultural and ancestral reasons, but also for economical reasons. The global economy is sretching from Africa to Germany: and we don't know whether it'll tear.

It was mainly American. Berners-Lee and his WWW/HTML was developed off of American-centric SGML. Most of the underlying engineering and technical aspects used in computing and the Internet were developed by Americans. Microprocessors, information theory, von Neumann architecture, the shitloads of work Bell Labs did (Unix, transistors, the C programming language)

It must feel good to win so much that your only major fuckup is such a meme

>canada (a shithole frozen rock, eh)
>australia (a shithole jail desert)
>india (its fucking india)
>africa (wut?)

i know this is bait but its so confusing.

>It's a Brits still think they're relevant episode

Can you prove NY is the global capital of the world? en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Financial_Centres_Index

leader ship!

>actually the BBC has been blatantly pro-multikulti for a good decade or more

If BBC has been multiculti for a decade then that means only people under 10 weren't taught to believe they're # 1. The rest of us did.

Well, to us Brits, you're all savages. So, regardless of who we conquer, in our eyes we'll always be conquering savages.

>tiny island
Ireland is actually the 20th largest island on Earth. It's one of the bigger ones.

>C Programming Language
>Useful for networks

But yeah, your post implies a good point, which is we can't say for definite who invented the Internet, since it uses loads of technology, ideas and innovations made by different countries, people and multi-national corporations. We do know, however, that niggers played no part in building it.

kek

>London is the world capital for money laundering
>Literally a Jewish concept
>Jew York is the actual beating heart of global capitalism

You couldn't even make it up.

>At the point in time everyone was fighting for resources outside Europe.
>Fighting France and Spain over these resources.
>Britain comes on top in this conflict eventually.
>"muh only niggers and natives!"

London and New York are the dual capitals of the earth you fucking memelord autists; one isn't more relevant than the other

Also they're both shit

Yes, I understand that the US is essentially run by elites like George Soros. I dislike the government, but there is nothing I can do about it. The best I can hope for right now is Donald Trump to be elected; he is much less likely to shill out to the elite than Hillary, who I am sure is already a corporate slave.

>we are still equal in power to America
Ahahahaha. The UK is hardly even a great power anymore let alone a superpower.

>it literally controlled the sea
No navy, not even one that had such a huge lead over its rivals like the Royal Navy did, ever had full control over the world's waters.

If we applied that logic to Americans this argument would go a bit like this:

>America's is the world capital for Jewry
>Britain's really the most powerful nation
>No, Britain's the world capital for multiculturalism
>America's really the most powerful nation.
>Fuck you
>Fuck you

New York isn't the capital of anything.

>Americanization
Such as rap music, Will Smith, Vietnam War, Iraq War, Bush and Obama?
I spent most of my life in Asia and that's all we know about you.
America = lots of cool black people
Europe = fairy tales, kangs and queenz

>Microprocessors, information theory, von Neumann architecture, the shitloads of work Bell Labs did (Unix, transistors

Microprocessors yes but the transistor came from Japan even though we give ourselves credit for it.

kek

>other European powers spent lots of time conquering each other
>Britain decided to conquer elsewhere
>Anglos now rule the world

Which one worked out in the end eh Pierre?

They let the jews work without being killed. Which was something they didnt had in shitholes like Russia Empire, HRE or Spain.

Remember, the development of a country is closely related to how the goverment treat the jews

>tfw your country will never control the greatest empire in history.

some of the weakest bait i've seen this month. 1/10

you realize that france funded the american revolutionary war with brittain, and france (and usa) won, right?

france also successfully colonized 1/7th of canada with quebec lol.

You aren't conquering anything, beady.

Not even the capital of the state it resides in.

Trump would reduce your military forcing it focus more on national security, instead of foreign affairs. Furthermore, Trump would focus on America being number one in soft power, which I'm sure he can do.

Overall, Trump is a very smart man and I'm sure he'll return America to its superpower status. After all, America has always been much better in soft power than brute force.

Thanks Schlomo, but you're wrong with your last paragraph. Jews, if given too much power, can destroy the nation since their loyalty does not align with the nation, but it's better to have them working than dying (they're smart lads).

You only rule weak countries like Oman

Who ended up with the bigger economy and largest amount of land? The empire backed down to focus on better things like the conflict with France and Spain and Canada.

Tiny? We're the biggest island nation ever.

Australia isnt tiny mate

They don't even 'rule' it. They have influence there, that's all.

Traitor!

Not saying it in itself is useful for networks, but UNIX is C based which automatically makes it the basic underlying language of the Internet. Most browsers and server software is written in C and most of whatever Tim Berners Lee touched or created was done using C. Not sure what language you think is more "useful for networks"

There are no capitals of the earth. New Yorkers and Londoners hyping up their cities is pure delusion. Both could get disappear tomorrow and the world would move on very quickly.

>France and Spain and the control Canada
Fuck this man it's too late.

>control of
Fuck this man!

That's not the USA

wat?

do you know that once upon a time france and england were buds and the kings fucked each others wives on the weekends?