People have consistently been making "now that the dust has settled" threads on yeezus

>people have consistently been making "now that the dust has settled" threads on yeezus
>tfw the dust will never settle

will there ever be a general consensus on yeezus? I'm of the group that thinks it's fantastic, and by far one of the best albums of the 2010s (even more than MBDTF), but I've seen just as many people seeing it's complete garbage, and more people still that are as torn as the public opinion. what do you think?

Other urls found in this thread:

talkhouse.com/lou-reed-of-the-velvet-underground-talks-kanye-wests-yeezus/
youtube.com/watch?v=stT4VAnVfY4
soundcloud.com/thedeathofpablo/check-description-interview
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yeezus (Def Jam, 2013), designed with an incredible number of collaborators, is a sloppy, awkward and amateurish work despite the impeccable fusion of electronics and vocals, the impeccable collages, the impeccable production. But sound quality is a technological, not an artistic, fact. Daft Punk are responsible for the robotic beat of On Sight and the monster riff of Black Skinhead (one of the catchiest "songs"): cool but nothing we haven't heard before. There are a few moments of pathos: the reggae-like cry of I am a God in a desolate post-industrial soundscape, the gloomy crescendo of the first half of Hold My Liquor (before the misguided synth orgy), the martial trombone fanfares of Blood on the Leaves, and... i struggled to find at least one more. But there are also embarrassingly trivial moments of both mashup and sociopolitical analysis (New Slaves, I'm in It, Blood on the Leaves, and Bound 2, which is simply a lame tribute to soul music) and there is certainly an unusual dose of filler (a four-song EP would have been more appropriate for what West had to say in this album). As a narrative experience, these stories may try something new but it's more a case of a populist bard desperately trying to find something new to say to his followers than a serious discussion on gender and race. As an aural experience, this album feels terribly old, like most granpas when they try to speak the language of their high-school nephews. Maybe this album was only meant as a self-mocking joke? 4/10

only normies and hip hop purist faggots dislike this album

I personally really liked it. It didn't suffer from the overload on skits that some other Kanye albums had, and I think it served as a good transition into TLOP.

>normies dislike this album

yes, that is what I said! Good job!

t. normie in denial

>(one of the catchiest "songs")
>"songs"
>""

By saying that he completely discredited everything he's ever said.

The general consensus should be that the album is shit. Kanye brings nothing new to the sound except for on the first two tracks, and everything is poorly written except for New Slaves which has boring production and Blood on the Leaves which is unbelievably obnoxious.

I can't believe someone typed this without feeling immense shame for lying so brazenly

You sure showed that elderly Italian man for using the wrong word in a translated essay.

I think he's honest. That's such a sad thing to lie about.

Kanye hasn't made anything that interests me past his first few albums. Yeezus is my least favorite

There is a consensus, the consensus is that the album is polarising, why is that hard for people to accept?

I like lyrics and vocals, and the autotune and retarded lyrics ruined it.

> (Translation by/ Tradotto da Giulio Bassanello)
No mate, he wrote the english side and then a random fan named Giulio Bassanello translated it in italian. He does that often, he writes in whichever language he feels like atm and then lets his readers translate it into the other language.
Also, that phrase in particular is the exact same in the italian translation anyway

I'm aware of literally everything that you just said.

What I'm not aware of is if there's a more accurate word than "canzoni" which would make sense of the quotes.

>It's an autist posts a scaruffi review thinking it means jack shit episode

That nigga hates everything. For as much as you guys rag on people with shit taste, you sure do praise this guy a lot.

More specifically: is the use of "canzoni" because there isn't a more specific word that fits the situation, or is he just being a dick ?

I think it's a fantastic album but parts of it are sloppily produced (Listen to Send it Up and tell me the crescendo isn't completely fucked) and it ends up sounding bad. Some of the lyrics are unnecessarily bad and out of place, especially in Blood on the Leaves. I think it's absolutely in his top 5 albums but not number one. Personally I'd put it at 2 under MBDTF but that's just me.

>crack team of producers and sound engineers pour their heart and soul into making it sound exactly the way Kanye wants it
>sloppily produced
It sounds that way on purpose.

So you're telling me I'm in It doesn't sound completely fucking retarded for the first half? It dawdles around and sounds like 8 different people tried to make one song.

I totally agree with you on Yeezus, it's one of my favorite albums, but you can't listen to a song like I'm in it and tell me that at least the first half doesn't sound sloppy.

>you're telling me I'm in It doesn't sound completely fucking retarded for the first half
No, just that it's meant to. I'm not a Yeezus apologist.

it's the best kanye album. its very experimental for pop standards, and everything is in its right place. some people say the lyrics are bad, but that's because they fit into the theme of the album. some people say the production is sloppy, but that was only for its raw, experimental, and minimal theme.
i remember not liking it the first bunch of times, but it grew on me hard, and the same can happen to you if you were more open-minded.

it's pretty good for a nigger

>Minimal
>Yeezus

Does there need to be a general consensus?. Typically when something is polarizing, it means it has taken creative risks. Which in itself is commendable. It is like the film Only God Forgives which came out the same year. Some people think that film is a masterpiece, and others think it is garbage. At least is getting a reaction and is memorable.It is doing something, rather than being forgettable and hollow and leaves people feeling nothing about it. If something gets a polarizing reaction, I am far more intrigued and willing to check it out.

For the record I think Yeezus is an incredible album. I also am with you on thinking it is better than MBDTF.

Listen to the live performance of Black Skinhead. It's so fucking good. And then listen to the studio version. They completely neutered it. I blame Rick Rubin. Yeezus had so much potential but it's too clean. 8/10

SO FAWKIN EDGY m8

I absolutely love Yeezus and think it's Kanyes masterpiece but I'll never understand why people call it minimal. It isn't at all.

talkhouse.com/lou-reed-of-the-velvet-underground-talks-kanye-wests-yeezus/

>tfw Yeezus made Lou cry

are you kidding me? all of the beats are very clean even in its "experimental" stage. its not hard to hear to what sound is being played thru each song. its not like rustie
youtube.com/watch?v=stT4VAnVfY4
whos has so much shit going on in one song
compared that song to any song on yeezus. its day n nite.

This, the whole reason why Kanye made Yeezus was to make something polarizing. I didn't like it at all but I can see why others did.

Lou also made Lulu so of course he'd like this horse shit.

Aren't you underage, faggot? You should be banned.

Wow you sure got him, nice

the only minimal thing about yeezus is the lyrics

and the production.

He said it himself in the interview:
soundcloud.com/thedeathofpablo/check-description-interview
0:48 timestamp

he executed the industrial rap sound pretty well, but I think a lot of people were disappointed because he didn't really innovate or set a trend like he had done in the past. And the lyrics are pretty dumb, except for bound 2. So to people who weren't aware of industrial hip hop, and who were already into Kanye, the album seemed pretty fresh. At least that's what I thought at the time of its release.