Most of my 27 years have been spent lurking message boards and forums. Almost all have died or gone to complete shit...

Most of my 27 years have been spent lurking message boards and forums. Almost all have died or gone to complete shit. After 2010/11/12 with the DMCA crackdowns, torrent, blogspot and forums popping in and out of existence, along with facebook sucking the fun out of traditional social media and the internet in general, I've been left with a music community shaped whole in my heart. I want us to build a place we can call home for music. I like Sup Forums fine. But I'd like slightly more structure and quality of posts. That is why I've decided to ask Sup Forums for help in a community project: A simple forum that we can create and shape for ourselves. I think this could be a great thing. I hope some of you do as well. Don't get me wrong, i'll still be coming back here, too. If you're interested in making a forum based community from the ground up with, check the link. If not, thanks for reading. I'll be here fora while to answer questions if you have any and i'll check back throughout the next few days.
muziq.boards.net

Also, so i'm not just a complete fucking shill faggot, i'm going to be posting some tunes I've been enjoying lately.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vgJO2_TW3AM
youtube.com/watch?v=McI3DEiyccc
nerve.bandcamp.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Been really digging this super mediocre post-punkish band . Reminds me of being 14 and super into the doors and danzig.

youtube.com/watch?v=vgJO2_TW3AM

I use the Steve Hoffman forums because new music is shit.

Yeah, I actually use it too, on occasion.

Have just been jamming this track super loud for three days.
youtube.com/watch?v=McI3DEiyccc

Neat forum, user. I'll bookmark this, hopefully it takes off.

Thanks man, I hope so too.

Got to listen to the new Nerve album today, did not disappoint.
nerve.bandcamp.com/

Just joined

Well I made an account OP so you had best keep the site consistently run even if it gets to where nobody ever uses it
Also I have no suggestions so what I'm saying is pretty useless but it would be worth exploring methods of spreading the word of the website. Posting one time on Sup Forums like this is fine but as far as long term ways to find potential users asking for people to join via Sup Forums obviously isn't the most optimal/adequate way of doing this (which I'm pretty sure you already understand).

I will personally make it my life's goal to ruin this website.

I was going to join, then I saw a Grimes thread. I hope your shit fails.

how

Sweet!
Yeah, I do realize that and really don't want to make a habit of shilling on here, as there is already enough of that. I've been brainstorming ideas. Completely open to any suggestions though.
That fine by me. And appreciated.

yeah that's a low point already
hope some people can get latched onto the site though, i mean what could you expect when you advertise your thing on goddamn Sup Forums of all places
i hope Sup Forums fales

Not actually a grimes thread, just a shitpost. Seemed inevitable. I'm sorry you feel that way.

no good forums without good tight moderation
[spoiler]ban grimesfags & kpop fags[/spoiler]

>Most of my 27 years have been spent lurking message boards and forums. Almost all have died or gone to complete shit. After 2010/11/12 with the DMCA crackdowns, torrent, blogspot and forums popping in and out of existence, along with facebook sucking the fun out of traditional social media and the internet in general
words of truth OP

True. But, i'm not trying to monetize or any bullshit. Just trying to make a comfy place to talk about tunes. As many fucks are here, there are the cool ones as well.

Join, become mod and ban away.

bump out of interest

bump

Looks cool man. Best of luck.

Do you need mods?

>no board for jazz

Lumping pop and rock together is a mistake

Thanks!
Yes, we will.
I know, I dont want to do this, but I also dont want it to be extremely cumbersome. Need to find the right balance i guess. Thanks for your feedback!

Made an account. Hope this takes off

Yes we will.
Hell yeah.

What duties would a mod have? Could one just do it whenever they feel like or would there be a schedule theyd need to stick to?

Hah, no schedule man. Whatever works. Mostly, just taking a bit of the burden off me. Hoping over time I can get a few trustworthy and reliable ones to give more power to. PM me on the forum if you have any more questions about that!

Made an account! Thx m8!

PM isnt working

No problem!
fixed, will work now.

are we allowed to talk about death grips

No

no

Can anyone be a mod? Are there requirements?

Dont be a cunt. PM me.

I'm definitely interested in this idea, but what actually makes this any different from any of the other dead music forums im signed up to?

Not dead yet. Also, if we just get a strong enough community it wont die for quite some time. Fuck, i'm on a board with 5 of my friends thats been around forever, something like 15,000 posts. Last reason being is you have nothing to lose!

I signed up. Sup Forums is very dead now.

Sweet!

Good luck with the site dude. I regged.

Give the boards cooler names than "Whatever Else" and "Classical." Do some shit like what Something Awful has, that'd be rad.

Thanks!
Yeah, I want to. Just got it going though. If you have some idea, post em in that thread for ideas and see your clever board names possibly appear.

Made an account, hope this stays up and grows.

Thanks! It will!

>a music community shaped whole in my heart
>whole in my heart
>whole

Ohhhhh fuuuck. I'm an idiot. My bad.

bumping, and asking do you have any sort of goal for members, at least to get it going now?

No set goal, short term, hopefully we can hit at least a hundred or so. Long term I am hoping its much larger than that.

i doubt this will take off but ill join regardless.

Appreciated!

Have you considered adding a general music board, to talk about new releases, post charts, and have non genre specific discussion

This exists already on the forum.

This seems to have taken off a lot more than I expected. I'm not OP but I logged in today to find 50 new members, os that's pretty cool.

This is OP. 33 members. You might have been looking at the guests currently online. But yeah, nice start.

i joined op. it'd be cool if this took off

>22 posters
>57 replies
really makes u think huh

Thanks!
I believe all my responses should account for that.

The site is doing oddly great so far.