What are your experiences with antidepressants and antianxiety meds?

What are your experiences with antidepressants and antianxiety meds?

I am on a hunt for something that works for me again and it has been tiring. here is my info:

>Have MDD and GAD
>23 y/o Male
>have been on Prozac + Wellbutrin combo that worked for 2.5 years and allowed me to function enough to achieve a 3.6 GPA
>Has become less effective after 2.5 years, so doctor decided to change
>in no particular order, I tried lexepro, venlafaxine, hydroxyzine, proproponol
>has not worked for me so far, failed 2 semesters consecutively
>Had two suicide attempts.
>first attempt was at a gun range. couldn't actually pull the trigger on myself
>second attempt was an OD
>took 1.5 grams of Inderal (proproponol). roommate found me and rushed me to ER
>right now trying 150mg Zoloft and 5mg Abilify
>has been 3 weeks on Zoloft and 2 weeks on Abilify
>past 2/3 weeks feel very tired and lethargic all the time. No suicidal thoughts though
>Not satisfied with medication effects so far
>asked doctor about increasing or changing
>she said to wait it out. too early to tell

What should I do Sup Forums? inb4 finally killing myself

Surprised you didn't get baker acted for an attempted suicide with pills at the ER. I took 2.5grams of Wellbutrin and got admitted

Currently on paroxetine and it's been the best for me so far. Getting used to was pretty terrible but afterwards all is good

Get off that garbage and drink yourself happy like a normal person.

I take floxitine and bustprorone I used to take zoloft 200mg it worked at 100 mg for about 7 years

Lexapro works for me. Propranolol is good to take before doing something that will give me a panic attack or severe anxiety.

Anti-depressants eh?
Get ready becfause it doesn't get better. That is the cycle just about every two to three years your body becomes too used to whatever junk they give you, so you've gotta take something else and something else, all the while you'll never find happiness through chemicals. It's only pushing you further from what would actually make you happy, strips you of your emotions and humanity, makes you more like a robot each day. But hay, don't hate on pills because people "need" them. It's just a crutch sold to you by big pharma. A hollow lie that with the magic of chemicals you can be happy. Don't believe it. The only way for you to achieve happiness is by making major life changes. You're still young, you can still have a chance at real happiness.

I currently take 40mg of "Citalopram" a day and it is helping.
Sufferer of major anxietyu here since a kid.

Forgot to add they also prescribe it for depression so maybe that might help

I hate faggots like you who belittle those with depression. As if "just be happy" is the solution. If it were that easy, it would BE that easy. Learn about real life, kid, before telling someone else that pills won't work.

what kind of major life changes we talking about here? diet and exercise? of course that helps. But I have tried that before and it alone isn't enough to get me out of it unfortunately

wew lad

STOP TAKING THOSE SUICIDE MASS-MURDER PILLS OP YOU DON'T NEED THEM, THE GLOBALISTS ARE TRYING TO CONTROL YOU. DON'T LET THOSE SORRY SONS'A'BITCHES WIN

Thread

I actually have depression. I've had it for the last decade. However my mother had it before me. While I grew up I watched her take pill after pill, loose herself, become less full of life, and just kind of sedentary. When I'd ask her, she said she would feel ok... but that's all she ever felt, after a near lifetime on various anti-depressants.

So I mean it's fine if you want to slowly drain what it means to be you by taking mind numbing pills that make you feel "alright"... But not me. I'd prefer to take the waves as they come. Ride them to their fullest, and seek ways of making the highs higher and the lows a little less low on my own.

Back here on earth some of us have important shit to do though.

Also I don't "belittle" those who are on anti-depressants... I pity them.

Bi Polar disorder here. You dont need medication OP you need to overcome your problems and compensate for your shortcomings. Learn adapt overcome.

reach down between your thighs and grasp your balls. Those things there are were your anti depressants should come from. Now stop being a ninny and fuckin buck up.

I'm going through the same thing OP. I've been on Remeron for about three years and it's gradually been losing its effect. I'm now on the verge of academic disqualification because I haven't been able to pull myself together. I'm going to see my doc soon to see what else I can do.

I think you should give your regimen (especially the abilify) some more time to work. My mom has the most severe depression I've seen in a person but her being put on abilify has completely turned her life around. 2 years ago she was put into the psych ward, but now she's a couple months from becoming a nurse practitioner.

Don't give up OP.

> important shit to do though

Toil for 8+ hours a day for a faceless corporation
Seek some semblance of a happy relationship
Eat your fst food
Save up for the one vacation you get a year
Pay off never ending debt
Take pills to make the mundane horror of your life feel bearable

Where you say you have important things to do, all I see is a sad person being crushed by an uncaring system... all the while being given pills to make the pain of this unnatural machine you're stuck in a little less severe.

damn that is some heavy fucking projection man

watch out for this guy guys

try hallucinogens user.

I'd feel safe betting my Bitcoin that describes well over 80% of the people itt.

None, cause I don't have the time to go to a shrink and get meds

/thread