Suggested birds?

Suggested birds?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.soundcloud.com/crazedh/buried-and-gone
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

boop

Definitely recommend the black-capped chickadee. One of my favorites.

Holy shit, it's so tiny!

i'm fond of this bird, tbh

Oh no her feathers haven't grown back =(

SHUT UP BIRD!

fuck you

Will you please stop posting birds without their feathers grown back, it makes me sad =(

The crimson breasted shrike is my favorite.

Wow! What a beautiful red!

Charlie Parker - "Bird"

Korean magpies are really good looking too. Very friendly as well, I found them to be similar to ravens in temperament.

these birds will eat from your hand

Can they do problem solving too?

Birds are air niggers

m.soundcloud.com/crazedh/buried-and-gone

Cormorant...has no oil in its feathers which enables it to fish underwater more efficiently. But it has to stand in the sun with its wings spread to dry out.

May I suggest a Cedar Waxwing?

Yes! Love this bird

I wouldn't put it past them. I didn't get to go too far into the weeds on studying them but they definitely recognize people and communicate openly with each other.

AMAZING!

So fancy

/Thread

Bohemian Waxwing, is best Waxwing.

Damn that's a cool looking bird. While there's nothing special about them I've always loved ground finches.

>[Post a Reply]
>05/04/17 New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
>10/04/16 New board for Sup Forums Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
>06/20/16 New Sup Forums Banner Contest with a chance to win a Sup Forums Pass! See the contest page for details.
>[Hide] [Show All]
The Chinese used to use cormorants for fishing. They would put a ring around its neck and a line on its leg then toss it off the boat. The cormorant couldn't swallow the fish because of the ring and the fisherman would shake the fish out. At the end of the day, when enough fish were caught, the ring would be removed and the cormorant would be allowed to eat what it caught.

I like this. The Goldfinch's darker, moody cousin.

Finches are such neat birds. So social too.

New Mexico checking. Have to represent the road runner. Fucks up venomous snakes with no fucks given.

Titmouse will too, they're usually seen together.

Top-tier parroty type bird, prepare for landing..

That's a boopable bird if I've ever seen one

South east NM here. Road runners are top tier.

Trying to avoid the cartoon sounds in my head, what do they sound like?

They really are interesting to watch. They're not as dynamic as ravens but there's definitely a social structure there. Grackles are super social too but if you piss them off enough, and I've seen it first hand, they're coming for your ass. They've got a good memory and will tell others too.

I'm not sure but I think they're among the smarter birds. The ones around my house can tell me apart from other people since I'm the one that brings seed.

Interesting call, would have to look it up.

I've seen countless road runners...never heard one to my knowledge though. They do seem to be constantly running however

Out the way fuckers

I have heard them call a few times I spend allot of time in the field. It's a cool sound.

I wanna start putting seed out. Any recommendations on brand?

Unsalted sunflower seeds are a sure fire win. Plus you can snack with them if you feel inclined.

Sure any ole wild bird seed will work my mom does and it works good, watch out for more squirrels tho

Any bird seed will do. If it doesn't contain sunflower seeds its's a plus. Sunflower seeds aren't a detriment but in my personal experience you end up having to sweep them up.

Also if you live in a cooler climate (Oregon or Washington or something similar) get a suet block as well.

Just try to match the blend to whatever birds you have, it should give examples on the packaging. Smaller birds can crack open sunflower seeds just fine, stuff with fruit and peanuts are good for larger species like woodpeckers and cardinals but bluejays love them so you might have a bunch of asshole bluejays scaring off the other birds.

Suggestions for seed in the winter central NC, or have I missed my chance for this season?

Chickadees, wrens, cardinals, jays, titmouse, etc all stay in the winter so you can just put out whatever if you have trees near by they should show up at the feeder.

>Unsalted sunflower seeds are a sure fire win.

>If it doesn't contain sunflower seeds its's a plus

Internet advice in a nutshell.

Suet blocks attract a lot of birds in the cooler months

To be fair it's not a health concern, it's just a matter of clean up. Funny nonetheless.

Fuck you then

I'd honestly never heard of those, seem neat!

Chicks with dicks?