What do you think of this painting I made?

What do you think of this painting I made?

Find a different career path.

good work op!

I like it

Its very busy with nice amounts of negative space. I like it alot Op, try ingraining more textures.

Nice

That's a big penis...

Is it a gore orgy?

EXACTLY what I thought

i'd buy it!

I think it's subjective.

I think it's fucking dumb. some art prick will love it

Better than most modern art, and I'm not even lying

Would you be willing to sell that painting to me? Please message me at [email protected] ,thanks

I like it actually, wouldn't put it on my wall but it is striking. Good job op

It's not bad.

Looks like you shit on a canvas

what is it

Looks like layer upon layer of graffiti, which I actually kind of dig.

I'd buy it if it were more committed to a certain temperature/tone

that's for you to decide

Where are the people of color?

I see lots of subtle penises

looks cool but it makes no sense to me

I LOVE IT! What makes it so great is that it's hard to work out what's going on and with our life experiences, we can draw our own personal conclusions to what this means.

what’s the fucking meaning then

did you make it? its fucking awesome reminds me of Francis Bacon or

>modern art

Yes!!

I was going for a mixture of Bacon, De Kooning, Rothko, Pollock, Bosch, and Basquiat

>what’s the fucking meaning then
You work it out yourself. Look at it as a thumbnail cos it makes more sense that way. It reminds me of an older painting so he could be referencing something in his own way.

The hard black spaces disrupt the movement and flow of the rest of it in an aesthetically unpleasing way. I like the downward flow from upper left to lower right of the large, arrow-like clusters, which is in itself contrasted by the lower left to upper right motion of the brush strokes in a pleasing way, but where the black interrupts seems random and not planned for, which serves to ruin the motion.

It's bad art.

agree

It's dope.

Dbag

jewish/10

very cool stuff.

Favorite part

>hey everyone thanks for coming. this piece is called Sup Forums

orgy/10

I gotta agree, when you look at something like a Pollock it might be busy, but there's consistency and patterns to it, you can follow certain swabs and color splatters. Those large black splotches are visually very jarring.
Take this Pollock, the black is generally in large blots with thin strands trialing out, but these generally don't interrupt the flow of the white, it's easy for your eyes to navigate. There's a steel blue color accenting the white sections, but again doesn't interfere.
I wouldn't go as far to say that yours is bad, but I personally don't find it aesthetically pleasing due to the jarring interuptions, it feels inconsistent while also seeming to have been very highly planned and organized. Which isn't always a bad thing, but with this style I feel it shouldn't be so obvious.