Alright guys, military thread...

Alright guys, military thread. Or if anyone is curious about life as a naval nuclear operator I guess I can answer questions about that.

Nobody cares about your life, you tool.

Im curious.

Also is it true the navy buttfucks eachother?

Damn you got me, I guess I'll just have to an-hero now.

More in a figurative sense, some literal though.

Don't worry user, he is just jealous he doesnt have an uncircumsized BBC

Sup Forums is full of children and communist LARPers who think sucking dick isn't gay. /k/ is a better board for this.

That's pretty true. You will rarely get a serious conversation on Sup Forums that isn't about traps

I know, I just love Sup Forums though.

a tin of dip costs $13 now. How are the forces holding up? Im not doing okay.

Dip here only costs 6 bucks. I got out about a year ago so idk how the it is at the moment. I feel ya though.

do you feel it in your bones? Is it enough to make your system blow?

What are the physical requirements? Also can you ask to be stationed on a sub rather than a carrier?

I think its like 42 push ups in 2 mins, like 52 sit ups, and the mile and a half in less than 14 minutes. Yeah you can request sub duty, but you might not get it. I'd say its like 50/50 for nukes, as long as you're not allergic to shellfish.

Thanks for all the rides you faggot squid. You shoulda been a doc.

No problem, thanks for eating all of my food and clogging up my gyms. Being a nuke is much better than a doc post military. Although it wouldve been cool to go FMF.

Why'd you get into the Navy?

What's your pay? I went to school for nuclear operations and I hear the pay starts out at $27 and bumps biannually 6 times to $47 an hour as a Reactor Operator, and SROs make upwards of 100-150k a year.

Also, what do you intend on doing when you get out? Sticking to nuclear operations or u have another field in mind?

>joining the U.S. Military after the catastrophic clusterfuck that was the Vietnam War

U.S. Military. It's essentially a declaration that you've lost the game.

Think about it. The power of free will and you *still* settle for slavery. Wonderful, no?

From an early age, you're influenced by your environment. Your parents (or lack of), teachers (in some manner, shape or form) and other mentors can help steer your life in a direction, whichever direction that may actually be.

However, during all of this, if you're still alive and have most of your bodily functions, there are a whole world of opportunities available to you. Especially in this day and age of technological marvels and the wonders of the Internet to provide information (and, of course, misinformation.)

The military should not even be an option, at this point, because not only is there enough information to suggest that joining it is only for those who've allowed themselves to be brainwashed by a military-industrial complex keen on retaining what power they have left ... but there is also enough information available for people to make their own decisions on what they'd like to do, instead.

Still, people join. They wish to be broken down and remoulded in somebody else's image.

This is a sign of weakness. Of allowing one's self to be influenced and corrupted by those with power and ambition. Essentially, those who join the military are no-better than mindless sheep.

>tl;dr: Join the military? You're a faeces-flinging, irradiated, nuclear-powered rhesus monkey who enjoys others making decisions for you - and you probably stink.

In all seriousness most of the docs i know are just like the grunts post military so good choice. that FMF pin is gold to you guys huh? I was on a MEU with you guys and man i gotta give props ship life blows ass.

Im joining the military so i can kill gooks. No one influenced me. I have a deep hatred for the japanese people

I joined the navy because my parents wouldnt let me join the army ( I was 17). For pride of country I suppose. Pay in the navy is less than 40k a year until youve been in for 6 years, then it goes up to like 60-75k. enlisted anyways. Nuclear pay civilian side is just as you stated. I have been out for a year, finishing my degree in Nuclear engineering tech currently applying to a couple of nuke plants as a chemist, and a couple of national labs. I would prefer to work at a lab( no shift work).

Very true on ship board life, it is terrible. Yeah most of us dig the FMF pin.

Holly fucking wall of non patriotic text

You got me user, I'm so triggered.

I believed everything up untill the shellfish part.

I'm not lying. If youre allergic to shellfish you cant take iodine in the case of a nuclear accident onboard the sub.

Nuclear ops in navy?
Do you want to live in a sub?
Enjoy hotracking and bring stuck in a can with hunter other dudes. Shit starts to smell and the worst part is you won't even realise you smell like other people's BO, urine, farts and semen.

>tfw when you get off a 12 and just want to jerk off in your rack but your mate didn't clean used the last of the jergens
>ihavenoface.jpg

I was also hoping to keep studying for Nuclear engineering, but was unsure of the job prospects. What do u know about job prospects in nuclear engineering? I imagine there'd be some competition but not too much.

Also, I'm gonna assume you live on the east coast where there's more jobs in the nuclear field. You think it'd be worth moving to get into the field? I live near one but there's been no openings for a few months. I guess you gotta know some people to get in?

How bad are the jarheads?

Yeah I know, I did it for 6 years. It was terrible. At least on a carrier I could jerk off basically whenever.

I hope nobody protecting and serving our country browses fucking Sup Forums...

To be honest, nuclear power seems to be shrinking. I would go for a different more adaptable STEM field if I were you. You most times will have to know people to get into a plant. I don't live on the East coast yet, but the plants I have applied to, of course, are all there, so I would have to move. Get the job first then move, not the other way around. You can do phone/skype interviews. Also with a few plants shutting down, there is a LOT more competition.

They just eat our food and clog the gyms. Not bad dudes though. I have a lot of friends who are jarheads.

fucking greedy idiot, shoulda gone IT. FML RC nub on a VA class.

Sucks bro. Don't be an idiot and re-enlist.