Is IOTA worth investing in it?

Is IOTA worth investing in it?
Will it be the future of cryptocurrencies?
Is this tangle technology really such a big deal?

I am interested in your opinions.

Other urls found in this thread:

medium.com/@MartinRosulek/how-iota-makes-future-for-internet-of-things-af14fd77d2a3
youtu.be/I5MZWNj5e3g
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Is IOTA worth investing in it?
You should better check NAV coin. It's grate coin with good team behind it. Read about it and see for yourself that it have really good future.

But does NAV coin still use the blockchain or is it already tangle-based?

Blockchain.

I read about it now.

NAV coin is based on the technology of the latest bitcoin core.
I think I will not invest in it.

What fascinates me about IOTA is, that it doesn´t use the blockchain anymore but represents a new approach to cryptocurrencies. Read about the tangle.

I personally think that the tangle could eliminate a lot of the problems, the old blockchain technology has, like exceeding power consumption and transaction costs.

To be honest, no one knows for sure what will happen. It could be worth 100$ after few years, or it could be worthless, that's the risk of investing. That's because no one knows what will come next, maybe someone will develop new, grater technology and beat all others.

Yes... you are completely right. I know the risk. Expect the unexpected.

But what I am thinking about is, if the IOTA may be this greater new technology at this moment.
At least it has the tangle as unique selling proposition.

>technoLOGy

IOTA is the hot new thing this week. But I don't think it will last long with the top coins. Just watch its market cap half over the next couple of weeks. I was lucky, I sold just over $5.

Why do you think it will not last with the top coins?

It has at least great advantages in scalability and low to none transaction costs.

this

Other than treating/trading cryptos as stocks, what the point of it? Obviously it's not secure, there are transaction fees and basically outside of buying illegal shit no one accepts cryptos.

The concept of IOTA is working with the Internet of Things (IoT).

It is designed for machines to pay other machines. I think this is an expanding market.

IOTA could be the first cryptocurrency that could become really useful.

>machines paying other machines
So automated payments? Automated payments are not new user

How so? My bank doesn't charge transaction fees, is secure and insured.

You are right. It is not new.

But IOTA is designed for making those transactions quicker and to minimize transaction costs.

My bank doesn't have transaction fees and is insured if something happened to them/my money

IOTA doesn't sound better

But your bank is not designed for doing Billions of microtransactions in realtime.

Read this:

medium.com/@MartinRosulek/how-iota-makes-future-for-internet-of-things-af14fd77d2a3

If Microsoft is with IOTA why is the Bill Gates Foundation with Ripple? Why is he not going with IOTA?

>If you imagine millions of tiny transactions there is no way to proceed it with a central payment processors without any fees.
My bank doesn't charge fees and seems to handle my transactions quickly

bill does whatever he wants

Yes. But actually you don´t have thousands of smart devices around yourself, doing hundreds of microtransactions each per second.
One day this could be reality.

And in this case your bank may rely on a currency that is specially designed for that purpose and no longer on Dollar, Euro, Yen and all that stuff.

He doesn´t put all his bets on one horse. One may hate him, but he is a smart guy.

I don't hate him I just wish he stuck with IOTA

I doubt any human would be doing that many transactions and why would a banks computer need to transform it in to a new currency rather than store it digitally in the same currency and then use a simple code to switch the currency to the type it needs?

>fake internet currencies that you cant buy anything with

Bitshares if you want fastest transaction time, massive capacity and low fees. Really no competition. Alot of coins moving to Bitshares because they realise Bitcoin core and even Ethereum are too slow and will bottleneck once capacity is pushed.

The point about IOTA is that no human has to make any transactions anymore.
Your fridge or the solar panel on your house is doing the transactions autonomously without even needing a bank for doing that.

For example: Your olar panel could buy weather data and adjust itself autonomously.
It buys those datas directly from hundreds of sensors around the world without involving any humans or bank accounts.

This possibility is, why I believe IOTA could be the next big deal.

Give it time. u will be able to buy everything and anything with IOTA. Its the future. Its cheap atm. Buy and HOLD.

this

Everyone start buying more

If you trust computer to make those decisions and trust sellers not to fuck you over I guess so. Fuck I won't even do automated payments on my bills because they are always trying to add in new fees and I'd rather not pay blindly. Plus using a bank keeps your money safe and insured. Like that recent hack on Bitcoin, tho people will never see that money again, but good thing you paid transaction fees right? My bank is insured and I'd get that money back if they were hacked and I don't pay transaction fees

Iota to be listed on bittrex. youtu.be/I5MZWNj5e3g

Price is going to moon when it is.

Let´s stick with the example with the solar panel:

If the solar panel buys and uses weather data to be more efficient this will gain you money. If it only invests what is saved in its internal IOTA-wallet, I still have the full control how much it spends and can check if it is really efficient.

So even if I distrust the machines, I see some uses for the concept.
And of course, your solar panel could use its own surplus for paying an insurance.

Great news! Luckily I bought now! Let´s wait what happens.

It's been a top 10 coin for months
It's also far from new.
This bullrun was because announcement of partnerships and wallets being released soon.
Jesus christ you guys are even more retarded than biz

Yes it is not so new. But maybe it is still a good time to buy.

Its definitly is. im buying more. every1 should

but everything you described can be done now without cryptos and the transactions would be secure, insured and free

Just buy Bitcoin and forget about all these wannabes

16k now

5yr from now:

1. Bitcoin (KING)
2. Ethereum
3. Litecoin
4. Ripple
5. Zcash

What's with Ripple? I invested a while ago and it's still holding around 20 cents, why it's still so cheap?

Invest into EOS, IOTA, DENT and CAPP

There’s news about japan and the escrow coming soon

even steam accepts bitcoins, many businesses started accepting btc as early as 2013 please get updated

amazon is next btw, and the lightning network of btc will make small payments for example starbucks and fast food more realistic

investing in fake money hoping it will be worth something in semi centennial years

Steam doesnt accept bitcoins.

not true mostly start up companies use bit and thats because they need all they money they can get lol

There's a lot happening here but i also wanna throw in WCX. The ICO is at the end of the December i think.
It's not completely decentralized yet but they have a good road map.
It really sounds promising to me