Americans will never understand the depth of knowledge that goes into cricket. For example...

Americans will never understand the depth of knowledge that goes into cricket. For example, in cricket a seasoned veteran can look at the colour of the pitch and get a good idea about how the game will play out, which bowlers will perform best, which batsmen will struggle and on which time of day wickets will fall.
I havent even gotten started on tactics. In baseball the tactics consist of, "let's hit the ball hard lmao." The Pitchers tactic is "Ayyyy let's through the ball fast". Just put three fielders on the designated fielder positions, have so comically dressed dude to act as wicket keeper and fuck it senpai just scatterthe rest in the designated 90 degree hitting wedge to which the batsman is limited. Field placments do not mater at all because the batsmen is forced, by the rules of the game, to hit it at the fielders.

Want to use the pace of the ball to angle a finely placed glance? lol fuck off you have to whack it in the designated hitting wedge faggot. Want to play a defensive stroke to keep out a good ball? Too bad dickhead you can't choose to do that just whallop it you goof! There is absolutely no vairiety in the game, no situational decision making required of the batsmen and no aspect of sustained mental fortitude.

All the nuances of the gentleman's game will never be understood by "lowest common demoninator" baseball fags who are more interested in how many toppings they can fit on their hotdogs, or how many roids they can put in their mexicans, than anything to do with their game. Baseball has about as much subtlety as american music, that is to say none at all.

Yawn.

Who are you quoting?

>tfw to intelligent to understand cricket

Do you use the wickets to determine how much your anus can take when you sit on them?

I know everything about cricket, no seriously, I mean there is not one thing I don't know about it, the history, the players, the grounds, countries and rules. I can't even begin to tell you how many people I have pwned in my 10 years on Sup Forums but let me tell you it's a lot, a hell of a lot. For all intensive purposes I should just hold back some of this mountain of knowledge I possess, my mind is just a powerhouse of cricket facts and figures, but what can I say I like to educate my fellow Sup Forumsartans, surely you've all seen me relentlessly push /cric/ on Sup Forums for years now and seen my superior knowledge of the game and seen my sharp wit and clever use of greentxt at play. Surely you have seen me post picture after picture of stats and facts that prove how GOAT Australia, Sydney, cricket and myself are, an it's all been for you fellow brothers, I know you all respect me an have huge amounts of admiration for me and my posting abilities, as a great man once said, I'm responsible for 90% of sports posts on Sup Forums, well I said it but you know it's true anyway. I'd just like you also to know I'd appreciate it if you asked my permission when starting a thread about cricket, Olympics, any Australian generals or anything really, to be safe just run everything though me as I am the man around here, Please could you also tell all the new trips that I am the example they must live up to an to follow my lead of informative and interesting posting skills, well I'm off to play some WoW

Based GODiel

Cricket is the only sport where you see the scoreboard and don't know who is winning

>he doesn't know about WASP
Monkey

>needs simplified scoring system like 7-1 in order to understand the game

pleb test: thinking anyone is "winning" cricket until the very end

Cricket is an ultimate game of skill.

In baseball you literally get a huge novelty sized padded and webbed catching glove, the ball soft and squishy and it is not even allowed to bounce!

In cricket you can unironically murder a batsmen without breaking a single rule. In baseball if you so much as through the ball anywhere outside of the batsman's designated swinging arc he doesn't even have to face another bowl, he just walks (walks) away and is spared from future embarrassment because some japanese dude didnt throw him a waste high full toss pie two feet outside off.

That's right, in baseball there is a pre-arranged bowl that inevitably is thrown every single fucking time. You can't bouce the ball (taking spin and seam completely out of the equation). You cannot change the angle of delivery. You cannot bowl boucer yorker combos. You cannot work on the bowl for half a day until it starts reverse swinging. There are no off cutter slow balls, there are no googlie wronguns there are no flippers or skidders or chinamen. Just full tosses outside off every single fucking ball.

Finally, and this is the clincher, the batsman unironically gets three chances. If you are playing in your back yard against your seven your old niece bowling heat you may just give her a second chance if you get her out first bowl, but otherwise in cricket you make one tiny error your day is over. In baseball, you can fuck up and the umpire is like "lmao take it back you can have two more goes at that."

Aussies and Pakis will never understand the depth of knowledge, skill, and precision that goes into baseball. For example, in baseball a seasoned veteran can look at the wind velocity and barometric pressure and get a good idea about how the game will play out, which batters will be threats for power, which will be threats for contact, and which innings will be dominated by strikeouts and BABIP. Furthermore, your average baseball player needs to have at least a post-graduate understanding of statistics to make sense of the petabytes of data that would likely crash a country like Pakistan’s digital infrastructure.

I haven’t even gotten started on the relative skill demands. In cricket, the batter is given the luxury of using a “bat” that more resembles a boat oar than a piece of sporting equipment. He also gets the luxury to play the ball everywhere and anywhere, while not being required to run should he make contact. This leads to at bats sometimes lasting 12 or more hours as the batsman sits there and basically bunts 200 times in a row in order to wait for a good ball. Yes, batsman do have to deal with bouncing balls, but when you study the relative velocities, there’s nothing at all impressive about making contact with 70-80mph “bowls” whilst using said boat oar.

Bowling is even more simplistic and less demanding. Bowlers aren’t tasked to eat multiple innings. After their over of a mere 6 bowls is finished, they get to hand the ball off to another player as they retire to tea and biscuit time. Bowlers also aren’t tasked with holding baserunners, throwing out runners, covering bases or fielding anywhere near the same amount of balls. There is absolutely no variety in the bowling game, no situational decision making required, no knowledge of advanced analytics of line-ups, counts, chase-rate, BABIP, OPS, OPS+, FIP, Leverage Indices, and no aspect of sustained mental fortitude .

(cont'd)

Fielding in cricket is even more simplistic. Cricket fans always love to bring up the fact they use their barehands, but once again, when you study the relative exit velocities and mass/force dynamics, there’s nothing impressive there. A baseball can be hit up to 120 mph. A cricket ball is typically glanced or bunted, and due to the poor power hitting mechanics of cricketers, the softer and less aerodynamic bat, exit velocities probably don’t reach higher than 90 mph. Furthermore, a glove is needed to backhand throws from fielders and to guard bases from sliding runners coming into the base spikes first at over 20 mph. In fact, cricket teams are hiring baseball coaches to teach them how to hit with power. Also on this point, cricket teams have been hiring baseball coaches for years to teach them how to field and throw. Meanwhile, a cricketer recently wanted to try baseball and told by a Yankees scout that “he sucked.”

And why do cricket fans cheer sixes? They merely sail about 250 feet over the boundary, which is the distances 12 year olds play with in baseball.

All the nuances and skill demands of America’s past-time will never be understood by "lowest common denominator" cricket fags who are more interested in how many beers they can slam down their gullet at a 22 hour test match or how much Curry they can feed to their Indians, than anything to do with their game. Cricket has about as much athleticism and grace as the people who play it, that is to say none at all.

not reading any of this drivel and I KNOW this makes YOU livid

Saved to my unread American essays folder lads

Nobody wins in cricket, not even the audience.

good thread lads, I really enjoyed those long american posts I didn't read

Even though boomerang nigger made long posts too?

>Baseball has about as much subtlety as american music, that is to say none at all.
that isn't true desu, baseball is no test cricket but it's still an interesting game. better than limited overs ''''''''''''''''''''''''''cricket'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

you often do know who is winning, most of the time in fact, the longer the game goes without you knowing the better a match it is though

those were enlightened truthbombs

top yourself lad

Indians and BCCI ruined cricket forever. It needs to die in a fire.

nice pasta

WHAT A FUCKING POST!!!!!

kys

>be american
>don't understand

>paki paddle

>be american
>make long posts
>get shots

>cricket
Yawn

>be american
>write a short essay on a topic
>don't understand
>get shot

Can someone read what the burger wrote and paraphrase it down to a sentece

cheers

Really can't be fucked reading it for you, sorry mate

>being that guy

absolutely loved the pasta, can i have some more

He is basically saying baseball is supoorior because muh statistics and muh power hitters.