What do South Americans think about Spain and Portugal?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=_J3VeogFUOs
youtube.com/watch?v=3Od-ZqBPWew
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catálogo_alfabético_de_apellidos?wprov=sfla1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I respect Portugal's history.

In the anglosphere and francosphere, a lot of countries are salty with their colonial past. They may be successful but are salty. Classice example is USA. Here in New Zealand or Australia we're one of the few countries in the anglosphere that don't give a shit because we're basically the same blood and heritage as British. Other countries like Vietnam, Egypt and Indonesia completely disregard their colonial masters and distance themselves as far away as possible.

Nah. Nobody really cares about Portugal except for the jokes.

South americans always have a bad view on their colonizers don't really know why desu...

>Let me speak for others

Because they're less related by blood.

>Portugal
barely knows something about it beside it used to be an empire and colonies

>Spain
we should have a better relationship, spaniards who come here are usually good lads but the ones in Spain can be cunts to us

Only the leftists, most of us respect and admire what you guys accomplished

>Spain

Beautiful country, one of the best in Europe (well, the best after Italy and France). Spanish people have a lot in common with us, you don't really feel like you don't belong when you go to Spain.

They still have to give us the gold back tho

>Portugal

Besides Cristiano Ronaldo i don't know shit about them besides the fact that they sound like Russians

Nice to know that you can talk about others but there is a reason why I used "I"

Fug that last paragraph didn't make that much sense I know but you get the idea

I am Iberian

why did you steal my pic, that is actually me

There can be only one

m.youtube.com/watch?v=_J3VeogFUOs

You damn fucking monkeys stop posting my face. I'm a true iberian.

So is Brazil the best South American country or is it Chile or Argentina?

>Portugal
Cute but very cringy when they talk about the suebi.
My autism will be fulfilled if they get Galicia somehow.

>Spain
It's strange. More like a combination of dislike and love.
Disliking Spain for destroying Inca Empire, their organization and values it's pretty understandable but Perú wouldn't be like Perú is today if weren't for them. They brought up people from all parts of the world enriching our culture and traditions.

Also, the rule of the world back then was 'conquer or be conquested', so sooner or later any other European asshole would come here and do worse than they did. Better them than anglos or norpussies.

Also Andalusia is beautiful and Catalonians are jerks.

Why is it cringy?

I just dont know/care

How come you guys along with like Paraguay, Bolivia etc have indigenous people? like 50% I think. I literally thought ALL native south americans were killed. How did y'all escape?

>Also Andalusia is beautiful and Catalonians are jerks.

Based Perú.

Andalusia is a shithole and catalonia's decent
Hope they get independence

>t. Patxi

No one cares about your opinions, answer me now you human
Your collaboration could be so nice, you know?

Because the Spanish couldn't kill us all because a lot of natives converted to catholicism and then the Pope demanded them to not exterminate us because we were persons. This sounds silly now but it was a real big deal back then, meaning that we were equal in the eyes of God.

Also after investigating you, the joke about giving gold back, wouldnt make sense.
As I believe you to be European(ish)

Wasn't one of the first things they did was try to convert everybody? The church was uber mega powerful back then and it was literally God first, family second etc. It was the same when British landed in New Zealand the first thing they did was try to convert the Maori to the Anglican church. Most Maori converted so it wasn't so complicated.

They did it.

Sabes que si los brits hubiesen llegado a Peru tu no existirias, verdad

Tampoco estas hot Mestizas

Lo deje muy claro en mi primer post.

Incompetent shitholes that are irrelevant even after stealing a continent worth of resources.

I don't mind if they stole muh gold(uruguay doesn't have and never had any resources that aren't grass and trees to begin with), I just mind that they're incompetent.

>francosphere
>making up words

Portugal is brotier.

Castilians and Catalans need to stop being such massive cunts.

Andaluces are bros, as are Gallegos.

wtf how come there are three salvadorans posting on Sup Forums now.

i thought only me and my neighbor had internet access.

identify yourselves at once or else...

i don't think about them

>In the anglosphere and francosphere, a lot of countries are salty with their colonial past.
and you want to confirm if we're the same? well, unless you're a revivalist pan-latino commie pinko, you wouldn't think bad of Spain. the fact that spaniards came as refugees in the WW1 and Franco era makes us kinda keep ties with the "Mother land", albeit is mostly cultural exchange
ah yes, and in the 00s we invaded them for their schengen passport and all that :¬D now that shit hit the fan many of those emigrants returned
as for Portugal, we have even less relationship with them

>How come you guys along with like Paraguay, Bolivia etc have indigenous people?
genocides are seen bad and drive away investors and shit :¬| leave them be

You spend too much time in the real world then because there is like four of us that constantly post here

oh, OP meant _we_ paraguayas are the natives? i thought he was asking about the nivaclé, toba and others

>Wasn't one of the first things they did was try to convert everybody?
they never tried to convert africans until far late with slavery abolition, though
"admitting" amerindians had soul was one of the steps that allowed to christianize them

Spain: They created Tacoland, Cocaland, Argenigga, so it's difficult to like them. Also they speak simplified Portuguese

Portugal: In a rare case of "colonized becoming colonizer", they are now our colony in Europe, we allow them to think they're independent but it's a lie. We have a lot of jokes about portuguese men being dumb and owning grocery stores, and they have a pretty cool history

I like Portugal. I feel Portuguese people nowadays like us more than we like them.

this level of delusion
That's exactly why no one likes brazhueheh's over here. buthurted third worlders without identity, culture or racce.
it fells good an entire ocean divide de us.

Portugese people are not white but they have good cities
Spain is unironically one of the best countries in the world

>spain
Rapists and murderers
>poortugal
Rapists and murderers, portuguese women have staches

>We wuz capital and shiet

yes, we are half indonesian half native american

youtube.com/watch?v=3Od-ZqBPWew

LMAO

he was joking u dumb shat

You are around 4-10% subsaharian african because of slavery

i don't really think about them

This coming from a grandson of slaves is always laughable.

In what science fiction movie did you see that, i wanna see that too. Lel

I'm shitalo-brasilian

Also, this coming from a moor rape child is laughable

>remember D. Pedro I?
>remember when your own royal family decided that Brazil was better than Portugal?

>Ó Globo

kek

Portugal has god tier food and a lot of nice places to visit. Don't know much about Spain, but I imagine they're like Portugal, but with better music.

>the Argentinian calling the kettle black

the moors had an amazing fate in iberian lands. reconquista ahah

Portugal is the people, the natives, that's where the nation lives, forever.

I'm not saying Argentina is white we are literally >40%
But when I personally not my fucking country, travel to Portugal people talk me in English and German.

that's amazing bru
lel seriously why are you so inf complexed about us

>muh reconquista

They lived in your land, ate from your soil and fucked your wifes

Then they came here and did the same with our natives.

Geez, I wonder whose we, the rape kids, will fuck next...

Someone asked my opinion on Portugal and I gave it, calm the fuck down bruh.

We like the U.K here, all of our problems were resolved over 100 years ago

>Because they're less related by blood.

But what about Argentines? They're 100% European.

all of that and they ended on their kness and crying, and all of that and we genetically are completly separated of them and far away in any genetic graph, it must be some kind of magic.

3 simple facts
-Not all natives were the same. The Andes had civilizations with millions of people and natives who were farmers and lived in towns or cities.
Most of Argentina had ooga booga hunter gatherers who run after animals with spears and wore skins.
Obviously population density was much greater in the Andes, that is why Peru and Bolivia still have so many natives.

-Most natives died because of European diseases like measles and smallpox, natives of the Americas had been isolated from the rest of mankind for 13000 years and had no defences against old world diseases. It was like getting hit by the 3 or 4 black plagues at the same time.

-natives can disappear not because they are getting killed, but because they are having mestizo offspring instead of native offspring.

the Spaniards didnt kill natives for the lols. They wanted to be feudal rulers of serfs, in the same way in Europe nobles ruled over peasants.
They made natives work for them, and there was always a lot of intermarriage because most Spaniards who came here were males.
The Americas were conquered by Spaniards, and inherited by their mestizo offspring (these offsrping got whiter through the centuries because they intermarried with new generations of spanish born burocrats or merchants).

The ones who had it worse were the natives of Bolivia. There they had something similar to military service called Mita, which was an Inca institution, not a Spanish creation, that forced some % of men every year to work in the Silver mines of Potosi, and they had a very bad death rate.

no.

You do realize that the muslims in Iberia were removed by force

t. Alberto Almeida

I think that Chicanos will become the new lords of Latin America and all trade and business will go through us as there currently is a void. I believe that Spain is too detached from her colonies with no chance at ever becoming the economic vanguard. I'd like to see a day when Latin American countries are forced to adopt Californian architecture for their homes and streets and everyone speaks English and go to Dennys on Sundays rather than living in squalor.

I dont know. Without trolling, I find quite sad the ICE deportations of restaurant workers and other people who arent real criminals. Ive been reading the Washington Post daily since Trump won and I get the feeling there is a lot of hate towards chicanos in the USA currently.

>I'd like to see a day when Latin American countries are forced to adopt Californian architecture for their homes and streets and everyone speaks English and go to Dennys on Sundays rather than living in squalor.
please kys chicano

since a chicano just posted above me,...
they're based, a shit ton of spaniards came in the spaniard civil war as refugees and they became amazing mexicans over the time, this one profesor I had last semester taught us a shit ton of spanish-mexican relationships and she sold us the idea that spain is truly our greatest ally.

It's been there since the 80's.

They shit up everywhere they go

The reality is that I'm more likely to be attacked/robbed by a black or hispanic than a Trump supporter so I can't blame whites for not wanting them in their neighborhoods, and ICE can only arrest so many people but eventually there has to be a way to stop the constant influx of illegal since people aren't integrating fast enough.

CongolombiANO

mexico supported the fucking commie republicans, at least other latin american countries supported franco

franco's spain was nothing but human right violations and unjustified murders of civilians.

literally our moms

galicians are the butt of all jokes
vietnam, egypt and indonesia don't have colonial masters. they had conquerors. there's a big difference because displacing the natives and resettling the land and conquering the natives and ruling over them.

the natives here that care enough about the colonisation period are also salty as fuck

oan latinism and acknowledging spanish heritage are not mutually exclusive.

We fed Spain when it was blockaded after WW2.

>los españoles nos robaron todo, leé Eduardo Galeano
in their case, yes it is

good lads.

>le nativist meme

triggered

seriously there's nothing that annoys me more than the endless victimisation of the natives. they were sovereign nations for fucks sake, they went to war and lost, and those that didn't eventually assimilated and became farm hands. that's how we have a mixed mayority.

If you want to appreciat enative roots don't treat like some sort of enlightened "we don't know what owning land is" cheyenne stereotype

And we are fucking proud of it.

We didn't make fucking speeches about fighting fascism while helping Mussolini, we didn't stare deciding if helping or not. We didn't forbid the commerce of weapons while allowing nazis to sell them to the nationalists. We didn't ask for all Spain for all their gold reserves in exchange of tanks.

When they lost, we give them home while France wanted them out of their country. We give them home when the fascist were killing the kids of the rojos.

We just helped and we just did.

Because it was the right thing to do.

Andalucia has its fair amount of jerks too
the loudest rudest people is always on the med coast regions
Madrid and North are GOAT.
med coast is only good for visiting

muh-muh heritage is literally the only thing I think of about these cunts. nothing else

this
*runs*

I like them both, they are beatiful countries with great cultures. I just feel kinda dissapointed about how relatively quicky their power fade out, considering how much they conquered here.
Also, it's very cringey when one of our own indio goes to spain for a couple of weeks and omes back with a heavier spanish accent than the spaniards themselves

>Las Filipinas
>100% local but has spanish last names
why

also do u have pic related

dem aragonian dicks were too tasty for the flips

They are poor and tiny. Never seen one pass the 170 limit. And they tend to be homosex

that came from us, we sold it to you and it pretty much branched off from there. I see it often in Spain, tho.

We have a mutual respect and admiration for the U.K. We have their backs and all the Anglo nations. We only fought for Independence because we got taxed hard by them and they didn't recognize our rights at first.

>spanish last name
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catálogo_alfabético_de_apellidos?wprov=sfla1

due to that we have now larping faggots that claim they have a colorful """"""""mestizo""""""" history like the one in /asean/

It's not 100% though, several Filipinos have Malay or Chinese-based surnames

>this triggers the spaniard

L'ARGENTINA E ITALIANA

Not really, we love Uruguay more.