I want a power screwdriver to put some shit together, is there a best brand or will anyone do the trick?

I want a power screwdriver to put some shit together, is there a best brand or will anyone do the trick?

Other urls found in this thread:

bisjettools.com/505202-jet-jat-202-1-impact-wrench-6-extension-2000-ft-lbs-r12-series.html?gclid=CjwKCAiA6qPRBRAkEiwAGw4SdiyphfKnLT7Ez_kfxm6G8-dixONsK_kyny9NhdMFpenMDHxJPxhrxBoCsRYQAvD_BwE
northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200350478_200350478?cm_mmc=Google-pla&utm_source=Google_PLA&utm_medium=Air Tools + Compressors > Gas Powered Air Compressors&utm_campaign=Quincy Compressor&utm_content=35239005&gclid=CjwKCAiA6qPRBRAkEiwAGw4Sdkf575ooMIZhL0ZZOJPA8zd1Exbsg7RlGCWkMMkuhXcNLFotZG0KbhoCFsQQAvD_BwE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Festool. Never buy anything less than a festool on woodworking power tools

I think the tool is you. are you really that stupid?

DeWalt is fine. Don't get the biggest one. I have seven cordless screw guns and the smaller one is the most handy

Oh for crissakes

I have two of the little B&D drills you posted and they do the job fine for me

Can't go wrong with Milwaukee for top end drills and impact drivers. If you just want a cheap, but excellent screwdriver, check out the Bosch IXO range on Amazon.

fuck b&d. bosch, makita, milwaukee

Fuckin noobs reppin festool cos theyve just had a big marketing push smh

Op wants a "power screwdriver to put some shit together", I am aware B&D is a shit brand and the ones you named are superior, but for the price it will do everything Op wants and more.

If you want top of the line consumer shit. You know that dank drink life. Go with that xr brushless made in usa dewilt. That shit is fire

Go to harbor freight and get a cheapass one with a warranty and replace when it brakes

That brand will do for home use. Anything outside your gonna want something more heavy duty

Milwaukee, no contest. Get the 18v and if you ever need any other tools.. they have them.

Hows ryobi?

18v pleb. 20v max is the new standard

Its ight for the home gamer

Im partial to Milwaukee, but Dewalt Bosch Makita are all very good power tools also.

Makita is good, BOSCH is good too... Just do not buy cheap generic chinese shit.

Advice: after changing gear rotate drill without any load to make sure gear is on.

Generic corded impact drill.
If you won't push it hard it would be fine.

these made our dewalts look like fragile little flowers

Ask uncle bumblefuck

festool and milwaukee are of good quality.

t. carpenter

If u need to use it daily, I would recommend investing in Makita, Bosch, Milwaukee, Metabo...
If u need it to use twice a year, I would recommend buying generic drill, but with Li-ion battery, because NiCD sucks, when not used daily

You can't replace chuck on these drills, because they are some kinda inserted with press or on hot...
Makita is better, you can replace chuck if needed, because it is screwed, like on normal drills

I regret having a cordless. It's never as powerful as an a/c drill, even at full charge, and half the time when I go to the garage to grab it, its charge is diminished and I have to work with a gutless piece of shit.

What voltage do you have?
By the way, it is better to have both, small cordless drill and bigger corded impact drill.
I have Makita DW330 Li-ion, and some sort of corded 550W Bosch, and I am totally fine with this set. I use corded drill when small light makita can't do the job

MAKITA

JDM rubbish

A black and decker with I think a 12 volt. I'll keep it, I guess, but I'm fishing for a corded drill under the tree this Christmas. Maybe I'll try a Makita. I haven't been impressed with black and decker anything.

Dewalt

isnt makita expensive af?

Milwaukee is shit
Unless you like waiting for battery recharge.
If your a druggie. Maybe you need 40 min of every hour off.

>12 volt
Yes, you can't expect much power from 12V setup, because batteries can't provide much current.
But my makita driver also has a two-geared "transmission", and it really helps, when torque is required.
>Maybe I'll try a Makita.
Try it. You can rent a tool before buying, to make sure it will be fine for you.
>I haven't been impressed with black and decker anything.
Yeah, it is generic chinese shit.
In my country Bosch costs nearly the same as Makita. So I took Makita, because I never had one.

Fuck that gay battery shit.
This thing blows them all away and costs less.

Wtf is this thing? Looks like a drill, but it is not

Hammer drill

Good thing. Can I screw off wheels with this?
Do they have cordless version?

Any will do the trick if your just looking for a one time deal, if your after a long term reliable tool Milwaukee.

Ryobi sucks

HILTI

I have the same drill you mentioned op, far from the best but cheap enough to be satisfying. Don't expect to drill through concrete but do expect a capable drill that can do small stuff around the house like drill into wood.

Dewalt

/thread

This.

Man up OP

You're an idiot and obviously don't work in the field.

A green series Bosch is nearly the same price but much better quality.

Ryobi because they make a ton of shit and all their stuff uses the same lithium battery pack that you can use with their other stuff and the batteries are what cost a fortune.

Don't be a potato and get corded shit

There's a huge difference between a 12V hobby grade drill and a 12V pro grade drill.

Have fun stripping screws and laying out a mile of extension cords.

Go to an actual hardware store, OP, and try out the display models. It's most important to find something that feels ergonomic to you.

But yeah, if you spend 100 bucks on a quality brand like Bosch, DeWalt, Milkwaukee then you'll be set

So much back and forth. Get a dewalt. You can do everything with it, battery life is good, they are affordable, and they are damn near indestructible.
>/thread

Hilti tools are very good but also very expensive, way overkill for the average Joe. If you got money to burn there's nothing wrong about going for top brand tools of course.

Use Bosch if you can find some where you live

Only niggers and beamer Mexican laborers use ryobi.

No difference, torques and rpm are close enough... (I am talking about two-speed models, not singe-gear toys)
Difference is in quality, precision, reliability and cost. At least between green and blue bosch.

Milwaukee 5/16 bit. Nice set. All i use

It depends on how much you're going to use ti and for what. a 25$ POS from harbor freight can do the trick for a couple light jobs. I use a Milkwaukee myself.

I'd expect there to be a significant difference between a DeWalt 12V drill and a Walmart 12V drill.

unless you intend to use it often, don't spend a fortune on a professional grade tool. for general househould repairs, something like B&D or green bosch is fine.

If you get into a hobby or profession that requires a lot of powertool use, then sure, go for a pro grade tool like dewalt or makita.
personally i prefer blue bosch and panasonic.

>panasonic.
They make tools?

they make pretty damn good tools.
my impact drill/driver from 2009 is still going strong, with the original batteries still holding a decent amount of charge

18v Milwaukee hammer drill will be the only drill you ever need. And if you need more power go for the fuel upgrade. If you don't need power the 12v fuel series is great and lightweight. I have both and love both

Wow.

Rigid is cheap as hell and offers a lifetime warranty

Are you retarded. The only person that needs any of this shit is extremely talented craftsman.

Corded doesn't go out 2 hours into a job when you're damn near done and you need it finished rather than waiting for shit to recharge.

I would much rather spend cash on an extension cord once than to keep charging batteries and buying more when they won't charge anymore. I played that game and unless you work where there's no outlet, cordless is a stupid move.

I need this one for work it a 14ton crimp tool that is $6885

Man, you need both, corded and cordless. Life would be so much easier with two tools.

I got my dick crimped in connector, instructions unclear.

Still going to pull out the corded drill and extension cord when the battery dies. I figure just save a step and get shit done.

Right. Sometimes cordless drill is not that powerful as corded, and sometimes corded doesn't fit in tight spaces. So buy 10meters of 2(or 3)x2.5 mm^2 and wire-mounted fork and socket and you are good to go.

>woodworking
>talent
AHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAAA

>I want a power screw driver to put some shit together

18v is more than enough for OP to put a shelf up from ikea faggot. He’s not putting up Sheetrock on a construction site.

Best brand is DeWalt.
If you are not doing stuff professionally it might be overkill, though.
For just regualr old round-the-house faggotry you may as well go get a Chicago Electric from Harbor Freight. They work just fine.

Also, they tout the voltage in bold letters like it matters. It's amperage that makes a tool powerful, not necessarily the voltage.

A corded tool can pull 120v and 20A from a wall giving it 2400 Watts of power. I highly doubt a 24v tool will push 100 amps.

Point being, stop being a pussy and start using power.

>being this much of a faggot and not having two batteries like a normal person

>120v and 20A
Or 220V 16A... MOAR POWAH
>I highly doubt a 24v tool will push 100 amps.
No, some batteries can deliver that current, but it is quite unsafe.

Bull fucking shit! OP needs this shit to get the job done
bisjettools.com/505202-jet-jat-202-1-impact-wrench-6-extension-2000-ft-lbs-r12-series.html?gclid=CjwKCAiA6qPRBRAkEiwAGw4SdiyphfKnLT7Ez_kfxm6G8-dixONsK_kyny9NhdMFpenMDHxJPxhrxBoCsRYQAvD_BwE

Extension cord costs less than two batteries

For Op who is obviously a beginner I'd recommend looking at craigslist for older 18v DeWalts. They had the best NiCad batteries out there, and they're a dime a dozen used. The newer ones have Lithium batteries that are pricey as fuck, you can get a used older Dewalt and 4 batteries for the price of a new Dewalt and it'll handle anything you throw at it.

t. Makita/Hitachi user

Because your neighbor has one and "does shit with it" right?

Only Hitachi you use is the magic wand buddy.....

All jokes aside I agree with you 100% if he eventually starts doing more hebcan pick up the Milwaukee combo set with two batteries they put on sale at home Depot periodically

You didn't link him to an air compressor to power it!

northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200350478_200350478?cm_mmc=Google-pla&utm_source=Google_PLA&utm_medium=Air Tools + Compressors > Gas Powered Air Compressors&utm_campaign=Quincy Compressor&utm_content=35239005&gclid=CjwKCAiA6qPRBRAkEiwAGw4Sdkf575ooMIZhL0ZZOJPA8zd1Exbsg7RlGCWkMMkuhXcNLFotZG0KbhoCFsQQAvD_BwE

Former power tool industry insider here.

Rigid is shit-tier. Warranty IS lifetime, but only if you register within so many days of purchase. Also have to wait weeks while you send it off for repairs, they don’t just hand you a new one.

Rigid who makes good quality hand tools for plumbing industry licensed their name to a company called TTi to make power tools for Home Depot.

TTi is also the same company that makes Ryobi, and more recently they purchased Milwaukee.

Milwaukee still enjoys their reputation as a good tool company, (earned b4 buyout) but make NO mistake TTi has cheapened the product since acquiring them. Milwaukee sold today is only Milwaukee in name. Basically Rigid/Ryobi in red plastic.

/Diy/ has all kinds of threads on powertools. Ryobi is fantastic for the home user since the battery is compatible across the whole brand whether be a sawzall or a wheedwacker to a tire inflator. The quality of the pieces are meh and not meant for daily use. If you want to step up cordless get Milwaukee. Dewalt is a meme now. Always get a corded circ saw.

bitcoin is crashing at 4pm EST tomorrow

>the battery is compatible across the whole brand whether be a sawzall or a wheedwacker to a tire inflator

You act like that's a Ryobi-specific perk. Every other brand mentioned itt has a full line of 18v powertools that use the same batteries, and if you're a knucklehead who needs an 18v weedwacker you might as well buy B&D because then at least you'll look like you don't give a fuck instead of some dude who fell for Ryobi's (((ONE BATTERY))) meme.

Milwaukee.

See this Anons post:
Reevaluate

crine

In all seriousness, are those ACTUALLY sold as sex toys, or are they "massagers" that just get used as dildos 99% of the time?

Not a hammer drill.
It's a drywall screw gun.
Or, just a screw gun really, but they mostly get used for drywall.

I used to work at HD. During the holidays you can find combo sets for ~$200. I picked up a set of blue Makitas (hammerdrill/impact combo with the big 3.0mAh batteries) for $199. They always also offer the 20v Dewalt combos for the same price.

Nope.
They aren't the same.
And I use the Fuck out of my Milwaukee cordless tools. I've had zero reliability issues with them. I even misplaced one outside over winter in my field, it was caked in mud rained on and trampled by horses for 4 months. Hosed the dirt off, put a fresh battery in and it works just like new. Still using it 2 years later.

>Can I screw off wheels with this?

Hammerdrills are not for mechanic work. What you are thinking of is an impact wrench. Impact drivers can get lugnuts off sometimes if they aren't on there too tight, but the right tool for that job is an impact driver. You want pneumatic or AC, cordless ones don't last long or perform very well.

The best one is the kind you return when you finish your project. Buy the most expensive one at Walmart Lowes or Home Depot and then return for refund once your project is complete.

Hilti is the only way to go.

Harbor freight tool brands are the best

>Harbor freight tool brands are the best
;) yeah to throw away after use