"Real Emo" only consists of the dc Emotional Hardcore scene and the late 90's Screamo scene...

"Real Emo" only consists of the dc Emotional Hardcore scene and the late 90's Screamo scene. What is known by "Midwest Emo" is nothing but Alternative Rock with questionable real emo influence. When people try to argue that bands like My Chemical Romance are not real emo, while saying that Sunny Day Real Estate is, I can't help not to cringe because they are just as fake emo as My Chemical Romance (plus the pretentiousness).

Real emo sounds ENERGETIC, POWERFUL and somewhat HATEFUL. Fake emo is weak, self pity and a failed attempt to direct energy and emotion into music. Some examples of REAL EMO are Pg 99, Rites of Spring, Cap n Jazz (the
only real emo band from the midwest scene) and Loma Prieta. Some examples of FAKE EMO are American Football, My Chemical Romance and Mineral

EMO BELONGS TO HARDCORE NOT TO INDIE, POP PUNK, ALT ROCK OR ANY OTHER MAINSTREAM GENRE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yLjnCxnFaQ8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>moved to florida almost a year ago
>just started looking into emo concerts
>there's a bar like 15 mins down the street from me
>have mercy and can't swim playing next month
>citizen and sorority noise playing in november
how do I quit being a scared faggot and go to these emoe concerts

Imagine being elitist about your teen pandering.

They're emo concerts. What could you possibly be afraid of? Someone out-crying you?

I already look like a loser just going to an emo concert but going to one by myself would really seal it

I've seen some emo bands play life, no one there will judge you for being alone. It's also not too hard to socialize with that crowd. I'd encourage you to do it man. Loners are cool to emo people.

there's a touche amore show happening in 2 hours near me
should I go?

To me emo is just hardcore punk with whiney lyrics.

You could only ever regret not going dude, do it! At least if it sucks you will have done something with your night!

Anyone else go to Capn Jazz and Jawbreaker at Riot Fest?

>Pg 99
>Rites of Spring
>Cap n Jazz
>Loma Prieta
...at least one of those is from a different era. Don't get me wrong, I love them all, but Loma Prieta came later.
>Mineral
>FAKE EMO
I have a feeling you're in your 20's or even younger.

>...at least one
Haha -- oh the egg on my face; I didn't realize Rites of Spring was around before I was even born.

youtube.com/watch?v=yLjnCxnFaQ8

Slit your wrists faggot.
>emocringe.pdf

Way better than 13 yo skinny jean wearing boy pussy music

Slam is siick \m/
Fuck emocore newfags

What about snowing, FYEB is energetic, powerful, and hateful but they're from the midwest. Genres can start with regional scenes but that doesn't mean they'll be forever restricted to their homes

Damaged was the first emo album

caught em both, and ATDI. all the shit I was too young to see live when I discovered it in middle school in one weekend.
im still exhausted.

Descendents were the first emo band. Deal with it.

lol

just dont care what people think lol, you like what you like

t.