If a person admits to a crime and there is no evidence, is he a criminal?

If a person admits to a crime and there is no evidence, is he a criminal?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_confession
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

only if you can prove you did said crime

Say Tita admits to a crime but there is no evidence she committed said crime. Would she be trailed?

that person is the only one who can know for certain that he/she is a criminal.

No

How would this work in real world?

Say I'm a cop and I bust Tita for a crime she said she committed. Would she get trialed and charged?

If no one is effected was there a crime committed?

In other words if there is no evidence the is no crime but confession overrules evidence, I thought.

yeah, just not a convicted criminal

if they didnt do it at all, they are just making a False Confession.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_confession

Thanks ha :)

This

Also this And to , Indeed

So if there is evidence that a girls likes some guy. Then maybe she does :).

Goodnight sweetheart!

I'm really atonned.

Law student here:

If a person admits to a crime, their admission is a form of evidence - it is not physical evidence of the incident, but it is evidence that can and will be used against them in court.

If they admit to a crime they did not commit, this is itself a crime in most jurisdictions.

If they commit a crime, regardless of whether they confess and/or there is retrievable evidence, they are technically a criminal regardless of conviction status.

Conceivably, however, one could go to most police stations, confess to a crime with no other evidence, and likely end up with a plea deal.

Forgot to add: if they truly confess (beyond 'I did it'), their narrative will likely lead authorities to discover evidence of the crime or disprove their confession, which would then be used as evidence of their falsehood.

Chill

Can you fight parking tickets?

That's a broad question - clarify?

What are you up to. I wonder.

sure, look for errors in the pictures or what was printed

Not sure what you mean.

My penis:)

Thnx. Bye.

if he says he did it, and he did it, then he's a criminal.
if he says he did it, but he didn't, then he's a liar. which is like a truth criminal.
so yeah. guilty