When was the last time you truly felt happy?

When was the last time you truly felt happy?

The real illusion is your life. Everything around you is false. Attempts to see past this illusion will always be in vain. It's is a true prison of the mind. But once you know it is an illusion it can be controlled. You create your own reality.

>Attempts to see past this illusion will always be in vain.
>But once you know it is an illusion it can be controlled.

How can these statements be reconciled?

Can't remember, probably when I was like 8

Suffering is the space between reality and unfounded positive expectations, happiness the space between reality and unfounded negative expectations. To be happy is to be sad, why would I want either? Be content in knowing reality as it is.

around 1989

When I put some Trump Humpers in their fucking place just a few minutes ago.

when i closed Sup Forums

March 2011, my crush Pat me on the head

It's always when I'm alone, never with people.

The prison seems perfect in form to us. Beyond our comprehension. True illusion of reality. But the illusion is truly malleable in form. Our consciousness acts as a lense. Like a lense it can be focused.

>You create your own reality
Yeah, but you really don't. Stop trying to sound smart, dumbfuck.

Like 5 minutes ago having a glass of wine after work. Cleaning the kitchen and listening to a good radio station. Got to be willing to enjoy the little stuff.

Did you get that from a Jordan Peterson lecture?

>that's not really suffering you're experiencing with that brain tumor... just accept the reality
Lol. No.

That's a very kneejerk contrarian copout, user.
Explain your response.

Did you create this post?

Bout five minutes ago, when I figured out I could escape Hell, turn someone into (clever euphemism for corpse omitted), and find love again.
Suck on my dick.

Need to brag is going to kill me though.

Yes. Mad?

a couple of days ago- a new friend I've made is sending me nudes, but I've fucked it up.

Truly happy? About a week ago.

Generally happy?

About 6 years ago

I can't remember dude .. every time i feel like it's finally gonna be a good day it all gets torn apart by all the things i can't control

When I came inside my gf and then fell asleep next to her

You inspired it. You did not create it.

Where are you even coming from with that nonsense? Multiverse theory?

Watching people adapt to a pipe bomb lol.

Which involved chilling in and around an apartment getting stoned all the time, having all these new, great mental experiences, then going to this debate camp and kicking ass.

Months of stonage

Happiness is just suffering with a party hat. You can only gain happiness by not seeking it.

You create reality by observing it and reality creates you by observing you. It is this duality that everything revolves.

Fuck you faggot. I created the post I'm making now.

Tomorrow I create a world where I decide to go to work.

Fuck you and your nihilistic finite fucking bullshit.

> durr one obtains happiness by not seeking it

One seeks enlightenment you moron. Lrntobuddha

I got it from buddhism, probably where he go it from too.

Earlier today. Ive been very lucky and busted my ass to make the best of it, so here I am.

I'm never happy. Ever!

Last night. I talked to a good friend of mine about a problem I was having and he paid attention and gave me good advice and I felt loved and understood.

You do realize that shit is highly theoretical and can't be proven, right? For now, it's just quantum woo woo.

Lol. I was asking if you created the post that I made. Obviously you created your post... but then again, you wouldn't have created it if it weren't for me.

niiiice

Life is suffering and that will never change. All you can hope for is to have people who love you. And you love them. That is the closest thing to happiness.

Anybody who speaks like they're endowed with some either grandiose or simple truth about life and the universe usually comes off as a giant, pretentious, tryhard fucking faggot.

Nice, most of mine can't be bothered to listen, those who do, usually don't care to understand, before offering their insight.

Think you can rely on him/her in the future?

They also tend to form religions/people and culture. People like to believe other people figured something out and now they just need to listen to them, to also figure it out.

Today, took my cat to the vet, had some scotch, played civ 5, lying next to my big titted bitch, watching netflix. life is good.

My girlfriend was adorable today.

>Blah blah blah blah blah blah

Yes I know I can, he has a very different perspective on the world than I do so we like to hear each other out and compare our values. I know it's a rarity to have a patient friend who truly listens, I hope you find one too.

feeling happy isnt the same thing as being happy

i could feel happy and remember that im not happy at the same time

>Anybody who speaks like they're endowed with some either grandiose or simple truth about life...
There's a lot of reductionist bullshit itt, but the post you're responding to is practically a truism--life is predicated on suffering. Period.

When I realized that if X and Y stay Z then B - Y to make X turn 1, but if Xy then both X and Y become 0 and that's no fun.

>blah blah blah blah blah listen to my butttrumpet call forth the rays of enlightment ye deranged mortals.

You must be a big guy.

> is so busy being ignorant, that he doesn't notice I sort of agreed with him
Of course, it's easiest to assume there is no solution or point to anything and that people who claim to have found anything in that direction are frauds. I hope you get to enjoy your life that way, but I really doubt you will.

My last boner which was 10 minutes ago. It's like a deflated libtard down there. Good thing me and my penis are republicans.

When I took LSD last month.

grade 6

>blah blah blah blah blah long winded response and presumptions of ignorance yadda yadda god damn it why won't anyone listen to my horseshit

I take drugs to feel happy, so i guess i feel ok right now.

That's great. I sort of am trying to get a friendship like that rolling, but I inadvertently think, if she's not asking how I'm doing, I'm pestering her with my problems. But that's probably just me.
When we talk however, she does listen and offers good advice.

I would say March.

Yes

today, and yesterday. only time i felt unhappy was for a couple of months after my big breakup

I feel overwhelming joy and crippling depression at intervals throughout the day.

Even your fellow Trumpettes didn't think that was funny, user.

So you're point is, that cultural phenomena are not usually formed and guided by people who claim or believe they've figured out some integral part of life?

>blah blah blah blah blah does anybody think i'm enlightened yet.

My kitchen

What?

Are you upset? You sound upset.

10 years ago. i was 23, single, in shape, not a care in the world, just working, partying, occasionally dropping everything to travel for a while, enamored with my life's potential for adventure.
then i fucked it all up by getting married and having a kid, and now i think about killing myself most days.

Wut? You don't like the kid?

i can't remember.

wat

>blah blah blah checkmate lewser

>no u

when i saw her 6 years ago

Masturbate to her Facebook

I know this too, I want to be heard but not be a burden. It's good that you recognize the potential problem. But I think as long as the goal is to be improving your lives, as opposed to just airing out your frustrations, then your talks together will never be boring. Being that kind of friend is appreciated. And as always, the best way to have a friend is to be a friend!

january 2017