What does Sup Forums think about the science of salt lamps? Thinking of buying some

What does Sup Forums think about the science of salt lamps? Thinking of buying some

Science? Must be the same science that claims more than two genders.

They look kinda cool, that's about it. Any "science" you read about it is a load of hooey though.

actually salt lamps to ionize air that comes in contact with them, as well as attract dust (in small amounts) the small amount of ozone helps kill bacteria. so there is some limited health benefit from cleaner air... charging ions in your body however is a bunch of pho-ey.

Its wicked voodoo, its real, it does work, but you dont know what powers your messing with, even with something as small and stupid as these still provokes interdimensional forces which you cant control at all ie, dont fucking do it user

Since i have extensive knowledge about physics and chemistry, i can sum the science of salt lamps up for you:

At first you need salt, a lot of salt. The process from transforming the salt into a solid block works as follows: you need a special kind of bacteria, they are called Streptocricerious and are usually found near pine trees. These bacteria consume parts of the salt but glue the rest of it with their spit together.

Now that you have a solid block if salt, you need to make it glow. Making the salt block glow is a very difficult task, many things can go wrong and if you dont do it right you risk radiating yourself and your dog. To make the lamp glow you need uranium. Not the "atom reactor" uranium-238 but just common uranium-226. This should be aviable at every drugstore. You will need a lot of rubber alcohol too. So, what you do is, you put your salt block into a container alongside your uranium and fill the container with your rubber alcohol. The alcohol serves two purposes. Firstly it kills the bacteria we used while crearing the solid block of salt, secondly it serves as a medium for the "glowiness" to transfer from the uranium to the salt. Now the reason why the uranium itself does not glow is that it is way too dense so the glow can not escape on a molecular level. Your salt does not have this problem. At the end, make sure to properly dispose of your rubber alcohol, dont just pour it into your backyard.

Now you have your own homemade salt lamp.

Drugs or mental disease.

They do nothing, they're a way to rip off rich white women with promises of fake health benefits. Please don't be so gullible.

Is this copypasta?

how many would i need to make a serious affect on the ions in my room? 400 square feet

how many would it take to be dangerous?

thisisbait.jpg

No, this is textbook knowledge about salt lamps.

I bought 5. let me know if i need more.

not bait. i just don't want to discount either view

What? Lol they dont.

Only an electric arch ionises air creating ozone. Salt lamp just has a normal fucking lightbulb inside of a housing made of salt. It does definitely NOT ionise air nor create ozone. Also how the fuck would it attract dust? It doesnt have a charge. Also the ozone would only kill the bacteria on the lamp (which would already be killed just by the high salt content and no water), which you wouldnt be touching, especially if it had an electric charge and ionising arc... Its JUST a lamp. Nothing more. Absolutely no health benefits.

i just really like how they look on my very old dresser. 8/8 aesthetic AF.

you would have to fill the whole room with them. what is your ceiling height?

you should get a lava lamp as lava is hotter than salt.

How many lava lamps do I need to have an effect on my room?

11 ft

No read a bible
Any

not trying to sweat that much bro. plus no ionization

over 9000

Can I just tear down my walls and replace them with a lavalamp-wall-construction?
OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAND seems a lot to me.

Or should I make them out of salt rocks and uranium, like user said?

Would that make my room immune to all dust that will ever exist on this planet?
And will the ionizing turn my room into a mineral-based tesla-chamber?

I bet that's secretly been the cure for cancer all along.

The cunt that lives at my place bought one so, like all fads purchased and discarded.
“This one must work”

DON'T DO THIS IT MAKES MUSTARD GAS

this must be tested

Bullshit but looks nice. If you want clean air, get some HEPA + carbon. You can make one cheap with a fan and furnace filter if you don't want to buy a purpose-built one with vendor lock-in.

You have about 10x the suspended particulate if you're in an apartment without any kind of forced air.

I think all the stuff about charging your ions or whatever is bullshit, I've had one for several years now and I don't feel any different as a result of running it. However they're cool looking and I like them for aesthetic reasons so I would say if you want one get one, they're only like 15 bucks.

IT'S LIKE OWNING A PIECE OF THE AGGRO CRAG

MINED FROM THE WORLD'S SECOND LARGEST SALT ... MINE IN PAKISTAN

Disregard the "science" around them, they just look neat.

Old school new age bullshitters ruined them :(

We had one of those when I was a child and I always gave it a lick because I liked the salty taste
I stopped after I burned my tongue once it was significantly smaller

i have one and its like on all the time i love it

>Science
Take chunk of salt
Hollow it out
Stick lightbulb in hollowed out hole
>Science

How big is your ceiling?

roughly the same size as my floor

They don't do anything, they look nice though.

Source: I have one.

I've got one, adds a nice red-golden light to my room.... I like it

I was about to say "where the fuck are we gonna get salt once the mines completely run out?"
And then I was like, oh yeah, the ocean.

dude lmaoooo

Empty out the contents of a lava lamp then smear it on your chest.

>the science of salt lamps

I thinkbyoure discounting the strength and excellent of engineering that goes into salt lamps. Don't put the scientists on too high a pedal. It was a combined effort after more than 70 years of research and development. Along the way more than 200 engineers died trying to perfect the majesty of salt lamps. The scientists are keeping this information down.

They coo tho. Nice ambiance.

i got a round one for my birthday.
it looks cool but it's just a salty light , wont help with depression / anxiety / sleep.

/thread

wholesome

>salt lamps
>science
OP is a faggot

Dude why would you throw out an old salt lamp? Still perfectly good salt.

On my job I had to clean up a semi full of them from a wreck. I threw away so many good ones but saved one. It's literally a fucking light bulb with a salt shell. It's heavy and taste like salt. But provides that perfect sex dungeon shade of light.

Already did that, grew a beautiful pair of DD-Cup tits and now can live off air, water and sunlight due to photosynthesis.

It didn't ionize me anyhow, though, and I'm worried the results of being a lavalamphuman will be in conflict with the results of using a saltlamp as buttplug.