Trudeau is planning to blow $99 million on pistol upgrades

>Trudeau is planning to blow $99 million on pistol upgrades
>Army won't get the pistols until 2036

Why are commies so inefficient?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uLNAyzOXxpA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why are they even bothering? There's no money for bullets anyway

You will hardly if ever use a pistol, should have just got rifle upgrades..

What the fuck is the point of that? I doubt Canada has killed a single sandnigger in combat with a pistol in the first place. He probably received some sort of donation for the deal.

Developing pistols have become less relevant as the ones we have right now are good enough and practically future proofed until the next revolution in gun-design.

>Upgrading pistols because 'they become the preferred weapon of choice'.
Modernizing is one thing but this reason is a joke. Are they using the army as a police force now?

They are also leaving ~$1400 for every single member of the Canadian armed forces. I could have a contract sorted within a week for less than half the price even if I was absolutely trying to be ripped off.

if you shoot your enemies, they win

>trading one 9mm for another

wow! big fucking whoop.

How long does it take to do a surplus sale on the Brownings and buy 10,000 Sigs?

Are your people even running a real country up there?

Will NOT provide proofs for this, but...

Our military has recieved quite a few extra goodies, and training time actually increased.
Source : family in Military

They won't say shit on the news because they know exactly the stupid left corner they backed themselves into, but they know damn well of the happenings soon to come.

They say "pistols by 2036", when in fact they are doing joint exercises with the States and Russia in the North right now.

enjoy seeing more deals like that.

classic commie scams.

P much this, senpai.

Get ready boys better be well trained when the oil wars are in full swing in 2036.

>won't receive until 2036
>doesn't realize the 99 million goes to the Liberals in an attempt to "reduce their triggering through fundraiser"

There is so much off about the budget, and how sketchy they have been about money since they've gotten in.

You smell that? The smell of rotten eggs, and moldy meat?

That's corruption.

>2036 still using 9 mm
>not using fucking lazers

o-ok

>and Russia
What?

>tfw observing the Nero parties

Handheld rail guns are where it is at. You simply aren't shooing at someone if you don't cause them to combust.

Better belieb it.

The stage is a lot different then the narrative.

It is?
REVEAL YOUR SECRETS!

When has the stage ever been the same as the narrative?

Those on and back-stage know the real workings, those that watch are clueless and see nothing but the narrative those on/back stage want them to see.

No secrets will be revealed, unless it is time for them to be revealed.

Pistols are used by search teams, with IEDs being the primary threat today to western forces, pistols are widely used

>2016
>Still issuing the Browning Hi-Power

That document isn't credible.

The subheading is silly and the paragraph text is really poor English.

13+1 rounds of 9mm is nothing to sneeze at.

This

Do Ameican Armed Forces keep a round chambered? That's pretty bad practice

I do contracting for the Air Force. That timeline is insane.

Carrying a sidearm, military or not, is absolutely shit worthless if you don't have a round chambered.

We do, but that round is called FREEDOM

Making ready takes a second and is preferable to infantry tards shooting themselves in the leg

you only make ready when going into a high risk area and then name safe afterwards. This whole magazine +1 rubbish is poor weapon handling in an actual war zone

We're balls-to-the-wall like that, what

That's probably why so many of you got fragged in afghan doing stupid shit

Generally, the people carrying handguns in the US Military aren't fresh out of boot infantry, and are smart enough to keep the safety on and not pull a Plaxico Burress.

That was Tom, he kept team-killing like the fag he is so we tried to join a new map without him, but Syria was already full of players so now we're stuck waiting for the next game to start.

Thank you based Sup Forums

Did the Ukraine sever crash?

I dunno, I think some Russians got to play for a while but we weren't invited so we just sorta lost interest and haven't checked back in yet.

>30 years to get new pistols

It only takes me 30 seconds to decide on a new pistol and 30 minutes to get it transferred before I drive 30 minutes to my home. 30 years for military new pistol? I doubt the Liberal government will stay in power THAT long. Or will it?

Liberals always make plans for an eternal reign.

> people on Pol have any knowledge about military procurement to compare this to

Oh boy new pistols in 30 years, these will be incredibly effective against the rest of the world's military powers which will be fielding trans-dimensional rail guns and intercontinental range sniper rifles.

Six momths in and he's already limiting debate, changing electoral system sans referendum and bitchslapping 98 lb women's teeth out in fits of blind rage

>That's pretty bad practice
This is fuddlore. Modern doctrine says that when you need to use a handgun on someone you need to be able to use it immediately.

Even your own military recognizes this.

youtube.com/watch?v=uLNAyzOXxpA

>3 years to analyse their options
>2 years to approve the final decision
>1 year to request the release of the proposal (what the fuck)
>3 years to award the developer contract
>10 fucking years to deliver the product

fuck me dead

bureacracy is the enemy of man

Why would you even arm your soldiers? If you kill the enemy then they win

Average gunfight lasts three seconds or less. Doesn't apply to military as much, but the whole reason they carry a sidearm is for "oh shit" situations when they need to put bullets downrange, NOW.

If I were attempting to write an exaggerated parody of bureaucratic nonsense to illustrate a point, I would write that exact greentext.
But it's real.

I took us 2 weeks to make the requirements post the rfp, and. A year of field trials before we purchased our new weapons.

>2116.
>It now takes 100 years to arm the military with new weapons.
>The people who came up with the idea are long dead and the weapons have been long obsolete by the time they are implemented.

Nah about 3-6 months for a good contact, you will fight over the trade in value of the old pistols, it generally costs us 200-250 out of pocket to replace our pistols since we get 350 for each one

20 years???

Are they stalling for Phasers or something?

Is the current acorn tipped maple round not good enough?

Seriously what in THE fuck could take 20 years unless some specific company gave him that 99 million with the intent to have something good for him by then.

Ugh.

I said half the cost. That would be throwing the old pistols away and buying new ones.

40s are useless most Leo are going back to 9

>obsolete by the time they are implemented

We already have that in 2016
See: F35

There is a difference between a few decades and implementing WW1 technology today.

>acorn tipped maple round
kek

Thats just clear corruption not ridiculous red tape.

>handguns are illegal in Canada
>jewdeau will just sell thousands of weapons to sand niggers like the saudis instead of selling them to Canadians

>New Canadistan clone-troopers finally receive weapons shipment on 3rd moon of Saturn
>it's a box of nuggets with a filing form for ordering ammo to be submitted back to Earth
>estimated wait time 2 to 6 centuries

Why would you throw them away? We get good money for our old pistols, it may be 10 years old but in reality it's only seen about 10,000 rounds which is maybe 10% of its life minus the recoil spring and pin.

Hand guns are perfectly legal in Canada , limited to no one's with 4" + barrels and 10 rounds.

Hand guns fights are quick due to he proximity, rifle fire fights can last hours

The rfp budget for that size had to be approved by the Parliament

You are missing the point mate. What I'm saying is that even if we threw the old ones away (or donated if the idea of throwing them really offends you) and bought brand new handguns it still would be half the cost.
If we did it the proper way then it could easily be halved again although it would take a little bit longer.

>20 years to get a new pistol into service
>not just buying Glock 17's

Seems Canada is following the US weapon procurement method.

>commies so inefficient
Well shit. The /k/ in me is telling me to do it.

The thing is, even in communist countries there is a surprisingly large amount of bureaucratic-military fuckery.

I'll tell a story about tanks.

It all starts in the early-mid 1970s. Russia is currently producing the T-55 (Pretty much WWII technology), and the T-62 (Somewhat better.) for export, while the T-64 is produced for the premiere Soviet armored forces, and the cheaper T-72 just starting production in a response to the many faults of the T-64. In fact the only reason that the T-64 even entered service in the form that it did was because it had people with high-level connections behind it.

Because the Malashev Factory would not be able to produce enough T-64s in case of a war, the cheaper and frankly much better T-72 was designed and produced by Uralvagonzavod. Do note that at this point in time the Soviets have two tanks with an autoloading 125mm gun, very similar capabilities, but shared very few parts. Any normal person would recognize that it was probably a good idea to standardize.

Along came the T-80.

The people behind the T-64 (Which was still in production.) came up with a new tank that had a powerful gas-turbine engine, built for the elite armored forces.

tl;dr It was a fast T-72 that went fast but drank fuel like a bitch. It also cost three times as much.

I'm sure you've seen videos of tanks getting hit with an AT rocket and the turret popping off. While Soviet tanks were known for that, the T-80 actually made it worse.

Now, you've got three tanks that do the exact same thing, but don't share hulls, engines, or fire control systems.

>A gun design by the Lord himself isn't good enough

Why the fuck would do they even CARE about pistols in the military?

For fuck's sake, real life is not fucking Hollywood, pistols have literally zero use in modern warfare. Zero. Zilch. Nada. You could replace every handgun in the Armed Forces with a flintlock pistol and see zero fucking change in combat effectiveness. The vast majority of combat fatalities come from artillery, airstrikes, and explosives; followed by machine-guns, then rifles. Pistols don't factor in the equation at all.

Handguns are incredibility weak, short-ranged, inaccurate, and low capacity. The only point of a handgun is to fight your way to a rifle; or for there to be a clear way of separating the officers from the grunts. Leafanda is fucking stupid for trying to replace something of zero military value when the Hi-power is just fucking fine. Those 99 million maple bucks could buy a whole fucking upgrade of their armored vehicles or missile systems or logistics system... you know shit that actually fucking matters in military operations.

>Army won't get the pistols until 2036

Your picture clearly states deliveries start in 2026.

Your picture also clearly states the $50 to $99 million is spread over 19 years.

>I have to tell myself the most advanced fighter in the world is obsolete to salve my worldview

Actually T-72's were not much cheaper than T-64's, they were made largely due to cronyism with UVZ.

>the compact rifle uses the same ammunition as the assault rifle so it maintains its accuracy

I'm so fucking triggered right now.

In the grim darkness of the 21st century, there is only incompetence.

How the fuck can it cost that much to develop and produce a fucking handgun? They're not reinventing the wheel or making an energy weapon.

commie scams m8.

nobody will question it and the kike companies will get away with millions.

Serrvice costs, transportation and delivery, labour, safety testing, training, storing and issuing.

>Surplus sale

I fucking wish. They melt them dude, absolutely refuse to sell government arms to citizens.

Or they could use one thats already in production.

Really makes you think. I am now a #DrJillSteinMissile

they could give them all a legit Operator Class MK 25 for a tenth of that money and still keep the 9mm rounds.

Or is this replacing the pistols with an SMG? I'm confused what trudeaus plans for not killing terrorists entail

>2036

lol, Americans will have laser pistols by then