Animate library-mtg is there a way to stop it's instead of going to the graveyard effect

Animate library-mtg is there a way to stop it's instead of going to the graveyard effect

Bump

Stifle or something maybe. Ask /tg/

I don't think so.

Cycling.

I don't get MTG anymore. Are they really allowing you a 60/60 creature for the cost of 6?

It's in a silver bordered joke set. Not legal in tournament play.

You're playing blue. Counter spells that would kill your 40-something toughness creature, or bounce it before the spell can resolve.

Also, run that blue enchantment that makes you win if you have 60+ cards in library, and something like immortality elixr or psychic spiral to recycle that shit back in for extra lols.

This is part of their new joke set "unstable"

new joke set

Till the 15th silver bordered cards are tournament legal

They've done worse.

I don't think stifle works, this is a replacement effect not a triggered ability. Though, I have never played formats where stifle comes up, so I could be wrong.

You can't stifle replacement effects

I forgot how much I loved this card. Need to find a good home for it.

Boomerang that dumb shit

this is rediculous

How does this interact with phasing? This might be what you want OP. If the library phases out Animate library won't trigger and your opponent will go to their draw step without a library and lose I think.

I think it sounds like OP wants shenanigans AGAINST someone playing this card and to bypass the replacement effect so their library actually dies.

Will this work if you target the library? Is that GG?

Its GG when he draws his next card.

No, that's the annoying thing about Animate Library: it states "whenever it leaves the battlefield", so that includes bouncing it back its owners hand, destroying it, or exiling it.

simply put a pacify on it. it's useless then

This is the card I was thinking of. This is GG right? The library phases out during untap then they can't draw because it doesn't exist. Animate library won't do its effect because phasing doesn't cause it to leave battlefield.

I think this will indeed do the trick. Nice find.