Sup Forums how do i know which friends are my genuine friends

Sup Forums how do i know which friends are my genuine friends

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_ENPAS6Nlms
twitter.com/AnonBabble

tell them u want to cum inside. if they agree, they are genuine

/thread

Give them a subtle test. Have them go to the store for you and buy something. If they give you your receipt and change without you having to ask they're genuine.

Come at each one, individually, and over a phone call, in a rushed, hurried whisper, tell them you just hit someone on the way home, some back alley street. You have he body in your trunk. You're sure they're dead. Ask if they'll help bury it. Whoever says yes is a genuine friend

You don't, mostly, until shit hits the fan.

get a girlfriend and tell her to flirt with them
if they get their dicks out they aren't your friends

if you need to ask yourself for some friend if hes genuine, than hes not

peace

A test I normally do is to cut off conversation with them for a short bit, especially if you're the one starting most conversations. If they still try to talk to you often then you're probably in the good. Even better if they notice something is up and ask.

They treat you with respect and will include you in decisions that affect both of you.
They'll also remain your friend even if you have a difference in opinion.
Anyone who outright rejects you for an idea, instead of trying to convince you of otherwise if the idea is flawed, aren't your friends.

Some people still want to be friends and will still be there for you even if they don't talk a lot.
Not everyone wants to talk all the time.

This, some friends are introverts who enjoy silence and won't notice that you are testing them.

thanks for advice my dudes i have lost a lot of friends this year and am unsure if the remainders are even my legitimate friends i dunno i might just be feeling overly insecure today

trips of truth

Lemme guess, you're in your late teens or early twenties and your friends from your high school or college are growing distant from each other and you?
If so, that's rather natural, the people you are friends with at those times are more of a shared circumstance relationship than actual relationships based on things you have in common.

Friends are always going to be give and take. Sure, you might enjoy the same shit, but it's only because humans naturally desire companionship. Learn to enjoy your own thoughts and company, OP. This is the true key to happiness.

youtube.com/watch?v=_ENPAS6Nlms

not from each other just me i dont know what it is about me maybe im too nice but no matter what group of friends i try get close to i just end up being the one that gets teased the most and shit like that, also yeah am 19

>Tfw You're paranoid and will never have genuine friends

yeah man i feel you but even if this is true is it really okay to think like that?

Hmm, are you a people pleaser, who does a lot to make other people comfy?
If so you might be perceived as weak.
I've been there and the way to get out of it is setting up clear boundaries about how people get to treat you without going apeshit about it.
Just let them know how their treatment of you affects you, ask them politely to stop and then move on like it wasn't a big thing.

also was good listen

Not the guy you are asking, but if you are comfortable in your own company, other people will sense that and feel comfortable as well.

When they want to spend time with you in real life as well as online.

have a noticeable down shift in personality (be less out going / talkative / happy) around them, if they dont ask whats up theyre not good friends

yeah i get that feeling like im perceived as weak but i think of it like if people do see me that way like they can walk all over me than wouldnt that show me who my true friends are but i still havent came across that "true friend" and when i let these confused xfeelings build xup for too long i end up going skits at cunts and feel like a total jackass

also my dudes op here sorry if i sound autistic in my typing im not very good at english

are you sure about that?

yeah but what if its only because they have no one better to chill with

You sound like you have anxiety issues user.
You should check out cognitive behavioral therapy and mindfulness meditation.
Also people won't get close to you if they don't know where they have you. If they can treat you like they want, respect won't grow between you and cultivate a closer bond.
People shouldn't treat you bad, but reality doesn't work on shouldn't, it works on what is, so it's your job to set up the boundaries you need in order to gain respect.

Yeah, you're definitely anxious.
A thought that helped me deal with this issue is "People don't spend as much time thinking of you, as you spend thinking about them thinking about you".
People can feel if you're not at ease around them, because you second guess yourself all of the time.
The fact that worry about this enables you to have greater empathy for the suffering of others though, so it's not all bad.

yeah i know ihave anxiety issues and im working on them i feel like its just something i need to get over mentally thanks for advise also

this is an eye opener thanks user

Just jump head first into dealing with it user, I had to go through a nervous breakdown before it finally dawned on me.
Honesty to yourself and others will enable you to show what you are really made of.
You're welcome, part of my dealing with my anxiety is sharing my experiences with other anxious people, giving me evidence of me not being as bad of a person, as I sometimes feel I am.
I'm gonna reiterate my advice and tell you to get into cognitive behavioral therapy and mindfulness meditation. The therapy will explain to you what your brain is doing and the meditation will train you in getting to a place in your mind where you can look at your thoughts and emotions without judging or getting taken for a ride by them.
A lot of what anxiety comes down to is thinking habits. Your brain will use the path it's most used to, to save energy. So if you want to change it, you have to actively try to think differently for 21 days, to establish a baseline for a new habitual thought pattern.
And remember, falling into old habits isn't a failure, it's a chance for you to forgive yourself and return to the positive train of thought.

Friends are people. They are mostly out there for you but don't depend. Things happen and some friends are unable to be friends at certain point. If you need help get help and don't hang over people you care about then call them out for not being there.

Friends are close strangers and should be kept at that.

It's free for all and everyone is out for themselves.

thanks user its cool that you look out for strangers like this and i admire that, i was starting to think it was pretty sad that i had to come here seeking advise but now i feel like it was all worth it also thanks everyone that took the time to reply it means a lot to me.
yallst would make neat friends i think

Well the first step of getting out of anxiety is realizing that you're surprisingly normal in feeling like this.
Part of it is feeling like you are the only person who has emotions like this, you're not.
The next step is taking responsibility and dealing with it.
One thing I forgot to mention about the meditation, is that you should try to find a class you can take with other people.
Being around others in a similar situation to you is very beneficial in figuring out your issues.

got it ill have to look around im not sure if they do that sort of stuff where i live tho (WA ghetto area) sounds interesting tho wouldn't mind talking to others that feel the same way i do

Well you'll probably have to travel a bit from your area to find a class. They tend to be in community centers though, so you might get lucky.
Look for an area that offers yoga and ask around a bit.
Oh also, yoga is a great way to get in contact with your bodily sensations and through that enables you to detect anxiety earlier, so you have a chance to deal with it before it fucks you over.

Very

>/threading your own post

How does it feel to be a piece of shit