Just started playing Diablo II yesterday for the first time in years. Going to be running a summon Necromancer build...

Just started playing Diablo II yesterday for the first time in years. Going to be running a summon Necromancer build. I read a few tutorials and they all said the summon necro can usually fair well solo hell with shit gear, and I've always wanted to build a Necromancer. Anyone else ever run this build? General D2 thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

median-xl.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=KC1Y11BR0ko
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Side note: I usually build hammerdins or smiters but got bored of those.

Bump

Your a shit troll

Yeah, it's great.
Max out summon skeleton and skeleton mastery ASAP.

Skeleton mages and revive are not worth investing into heavily, put 1 point into them and let your +skiller items bring them to a decent level.

Put a few points into corpse explosion, but you probably don't want more than 5. Your bone and poison spells are going to suck, avoid them.
Never put more than 1 point into any of the curses.

Decrepify + clay golem slows down bosses like crazy. You can put a few extra points into a golem of your choice, usually clay.

Always check out the wand vendor, ideally you want a wand with +3 summoning or +2 all. Save your gold for it.

>summon Necromancer build
i'd advise you not to. teeth and poison nova.

Ok sounds good. Thanks for the info brother.

Also, the guide probably told you, but get an act 2 nightmare offensive henchman. It's the only henchman with Might aura which pretty much doubles the damage of your skellies.

It has to be bought on nightmare, normal and hell versions have different auras, so get it as soon as possible as you'll need to level him up to hell. Try to keep him alive at all costs, give him health potions often.

YEA SURE, GO BUILD TEETH AND POISON NOVA.

I spent so many years of my life on D2. I still boot it up occasionally, but I only play single player now.

My favorite "untwinked" (shit gear) class is the sorceress. Yes a necro works too, but it's harder for bosses, and narrow areas like the maggot lair are simply irritating with 20 minions. Plus who doesn't like teleport.

Remember to defeat bosses, you will need to revive monsters that have the ability to deal crushing blow.

>usually build hammerdins
Gay build btw

Yeah I read that in the guide. I've never spent alot of time leveling my Merc before but apparently it's pretty important to do it this time.

He said a shit gear pvm build, not a decked out pvp build.

If you don't play hardcore you're a beta faggot.

>> op is a

>>rougelike.jpeg

>level him up to hell
Not necessary to level mercs anymore. It used to be way back in the day, but now you can just buy another one when you're higher level.

Yeah I am gonna build a sorc next.
I've always built pallys and I'm so bored of them haha.

skeletons used to be garbage but now will easily get you past hell baal. there's a runeword armor that gives teleport so you can get all your doods on top on an enemy. also try this overhaul mod
median-xl.com/

Hardcore is so fucking boring.
Exactly the same as softcore but you have to tank up like a bitch and just makes everything take longer.

Always loved overlord necro. Get an obedience polearm for your a2 might merc and he'll slaughter bosses.

If you're playing singleplayer you HAVE to install the Plugy mod.
No cheating, just a ton of quality of life improvements like unlimited stash and ladder only runewards for singleplayer.

who dat?

ladder resets next week if you're playing online. i wouldnt recommend a necro but no harm in playing one if you really want to. i would recommend blizz sorc though, makes it easier to MF good gear for a necro

if you are doing single player though, the only mod you need is plugy for infinite stash space

Also, you wanna max corpse explosion, it's the biggest damage dealer in groups (fuck what that other guy said about only a few points).

If you can, find an amulet with teleport charges on it. Don't spam it obviously but occasionally it is worlds of help to just regroup all your minions when they're being dumb or you're stuck somewhere crowded.

That's assuming you're not going to deck it out with cookie cutter runewords like enigma that you made from duped runes and items you bought online. But you probably are that kind of faggot since you built only hdins so far.

Why am i fapping to a d2 thread

>Also, you wanna max corpse explosion, it's the biggest damage dealer in groups (fuck what that other guy said about only a few points).
5 base + 10 from gear will already give it a pretty big radius.
Remember that extra points only add to radius, not damage.

Amulet with teleport charges? Good fucking luck.
Just buy a staff from a vendor with teleport charges when you get to lvl 25 and use it on your W swap.

>>dies
>>no repercussions
>>¿¿¿
>>boredom

yeah hardcore boring. At least there's reason to pay attention to the screen and that's actually dying.

Who wouldn't fap to diablo 2, good old school game?

Ok thanks for the info boys, really appreciate it.

The Wife.

They exist

I once jerked off to one of the dead harem girls' exposed breast in act 2.

hot damn
moar

Fucking kek

>invest countless hours into a character
>get popped by cursed dolls or conviction gloams
just start over xD

Gotchu bro

>no repercussions
Have you even played D2 nigger? You lose gold, experience, a ton of time, bosses sometimes regenerate, you have to get your corpse back naked, your merc dies and it's fucking frustrating.
Have fun with your 10 hour baal fight.

Kek, this.

Hammerdin, bowzon, icesorc.
Only worthwhile classes.

indeed. btw new median xl your corpse is waiting for you in town when you die. no more corpse rescue
median-xl.com/

Is this a mod for single play?

Gold is worthless. Just exit game, get body in new game. Xp loss only matters at level 90+ or so. There are only a few occasions, such as fighting a boss, when it is necessary to keep fighting on after you die.

play a melee sorc. enchant, warmth, fire mastery, cold armor, static. get a merc with concentration aura and that sword (runeword i think) with zeal on it. also i think you can get other gear that gives you holy elemental damage auras and they stack like crazy with mastery skills so look up runewords

Cookie cutting and gay
Lame and gay

No, no and no.

you can play open with other medianxl players i'm pretty sure. don't own a legit copy so only single for me
youtube.com/watch?v=KC1Y11BR0ko

Shouldn't I just wait to run this build after the ladder reset? Will I lose my char?

Does she take it in the ass?

Uhhh... Yes. Sorry, but very yes.

Also OP, get into crafting. It's the only way not to be a cookie cutting faggot. [[This will be ignored because you're a cookie cutting faggot.]]

you keep the character but it gets converted to non ladder which is more or less dead. reset is in 4 days though and will be packed with people

>Lame and gay
nuh uh

I used to be a diablo2 pro. My name was StyrkaX and I got to #1 in the world during the beginning of patch 1.10 for a month. Sold the account for $500. This was before a group of vietnamese took the throne from me.They totally cheated though, by playing 24/7. I made more exp per hour than them by like 20%, but they played 6-8 more hours than me while I slept.

It's best to run in a group btw. Like a group of 3.

She doesn't enjoy anal as much as I do but yeah. When she's really tipsy or rolling on mdma I can fuck her ass for hours. Good stuff.

Ok thanks bro, I'm stoked.

I meant the part about your body appearing in town for you, that's pretty lame. The rest of the mod looks neat though. I may try it one day on single player.

Any content of you fucking her dark star?

well it's actually kind of hard so i'm glad they removed some difficulty that added frustration and not fun. also there's a small chance if you have some backup equipment on when you get your corpse and a full inventory and then die and then exit or something like that you can lose some very time consuming to craft stuff.

you know i heard grrm thinks very hard about character names. you think darkstar from asoiaf could be so named because he's an asshole?

Yes but that's only if you're dumb enough to equip items while recovering your body. And actually, the official game fixed that too - now you just leave multiple bodies.

Back when iron maiden plus blood golem was a thing

Unfortunately I do not. My apologies.

its called enigma you fuck

Kek

yes that was also in median xl but even though it's extremely unlikely when you're sinking dozens of hours into a game with a lot going on your chance of making a stupid mistake that you don't notice until later goes up. in the end i don't think the thrill of running naked through a bloody meadow is worth the annoyance especially when some builds are basically garbage without gear that takes a long time to get and build up. don't worry you'll be dying a lot more so you don't have to worry about the game taking it easy on you

I wish they hadn't made those. They were supposed to be the super difficult items to create but they just became the things everyone has to cheat and copy and wear the same gear as everyone else.

depends on the build bust mostly yeah.
most people wouldnt even need it but they would carry it around just to tele where they needed to.
honestly i had a necro mancer (summoner) and you needed the enigma because it groups up your summons on top of oyu

>the things everyone has
Fuck you I've never even seen a high tier rune. God I wanted an Enigma a lot but I can't into trading.

everyone except the retards*

i think this is what he meant

I mean all of the elite runewords. They're not supposed to be possible to create easily and yet they're the best so everyone *has* to have them. Every single build wears cookie cutter gear, enigma, breath of the dying, etc etc.

That's exactly my point. It's not feasible to crate these items legitimately. Everyone has to cheat, or trade for duped items, or outright purchase them from shady sites.

thats one juicy pussy and ass
hnnnngh

summon necro cant solo hell.

summon necro can solo hell easy as pie. maybe you haven't played in a while

I feel like you're the guy who interjects "jet fuel can't melt steel beams" into an otherwise civil conversation.

It really is, she's amazing dude.

Explain

got kik? she looks hella hot

>those Genoa hard salami nipples

Kek, I love them my dude.

BONERMANCER FOR THE WIN!!!!

Kys

I got to the point I'd find miscellaneous in-game ways to amuse myself. Like spamming blood golem over every inch of the town. Would make other characters in town lag to the point it was difficult to navigate. Do the same thing with dropping gold coins 1 at a time, covers the whole area.

Also I had a hobby of guessing passworded games. Because they didn't show up on the list no one put effort into the passwords, frequently it was just the number 1 or the same name. Frequently could just type in xfer/1 or 123/123 and drop in on someone muling, take all their shit, confuse the piss out of 'em. I'd usually give the stuff back just because it's a game and I was having fun.

I played a bear druid while my friend had a thorn barbarian.
The funniest fight, we get to Andarial in nightmare and she runs up and kills herself by hitting all three of us, me friend and bear, with one attack, kills everything in the room in one hit, killed my bear, and my friend. I had just enough time to put up a tp before dots finished me.

Still miss my tele-kick assassin

But a tp goes up automatically when andy dies...

alan?

Any more like these?

Anyone got a godly sorc buld guide?

yo OP

How do you know my name?

People will say blizzard and fireball, but I don't like that build. The gameplay feels slower. I like frozen orb as a main skill. Most will say pair that with meteor, and that's best honestly, but I liked to pair it with nova instead because that skill is just fun to spam and stun/kill the group near you.
Aaand then just max complimentary synergy skills, mastery, put a point in shiver armor and teleport and you're good to go.

I could only think of one dumb fgt acquaintance who would post this. I'm showing her tomorrow.

Cool stuff thanks bro.

Don’t! I swear to god who is this?

Forgot to mention, only downside of that orb/nova build, good luck killing hell duriel. Cold immune. And you don't want to be close with nova. I still pair those skills anyway because it's fun.

you surely jest

Ha, I'm the guy who posted but I'm not the one who said your name. I just had to mess with you more. I don't know who that is or how he knows you but at least he wasn't threatening you.

And disappears later when someone else puts one up.

I main necromancer
I tried sorc last year and I usually dont use guides I just wing it and I ended up using frozen orb as you say

but what do you do as a sorc when you get to hell? all the immunities are really anoying

Huh? I'm confused if you're implying this is in some way advantageous.

I once had Cain's portal to town stay open. That was weird.

You have to pair it with a skill from a different tree obviously. So you have two types of elemental damage. And sometimes you may have to rely on a mercenary for double immunities that negate both of your damage types.