Does the girl you first fell in love with still affect you?

Does the girl you first fell in love with still affect you?
I need to know for... A friend
Inb4 get over it
Inb4 don't be a bitch
I know I'm a pussy

it wont when you get another op

Kinda does
I was head over heels in love with her and then she had to move back to japan because of her parents

feelsbadman

It did for years. But you eventually get over it.

yep. those feelings disappate after time.

yes but kinda sad
she's a bit gone to fat now
married a fat redneck
got fat
doesn't seem too happy
but somewhere along the way she got a good career, found herself a bit,
probably had a lot of happy days
still always wonder if she and i would have both been better off together than apart
...life goes on

It's almost been a year now and she's effected me every day since

Nope, not at all. You stop giving a shit after a few months.
You then quickly learn the futility of it all and see "love" as more of a utility than a dreamy romance.
You had your fun now its time to grow up dude. Sucks but that's life.

what is love?

This.

20 years later, yes

all feelings fade over time
fuggheddaboudit

If she doesnt still affect you, then you never really fell in love with her.

It's as simple as that.

No. It was 12 years ago. She rejected me so i decided to become gay and today I am married to a dude.

yah it affects me a bit, but i just dedicate a fap to her and get over it

Post dicks.

Actually yeah. We were around 12 years old and I was upset one day at school about my dad being put in jail and she came to school the next day with a friendship bracelet and a cheer up card. Never forgot her kindness throughout the years. Now 37 I still remember her. Actually fucked her in the backseat of her car night before last in a Pizza Hut parking lot.

This

I found this eerily true...

its been a month now and I dream about her almost every night. sometimes twice a night.
I'll never not love her, even though shes a terrible person.

Baby don't hurt me.

Every day of the week. Me and her started communicating again after almost 8 years of not talking. Let me tell you that first phone call and hear her voice killed me. I still really love and care for that woman. She wanted to meet up but I had to kill that because I know she's in a bad marriage and I am happily married but I feel if we were face to face something sexual might happen and I not going to ruin my life. Love is a real shit tier emotion that you can't get rid of. Just except the hole in your heart and move on. In4b I am a pussy.

Yeah. It's been almost 20 years and I haven't had a real relationship since. She fucked me up good.
I've fucked a lot since then but if gets serious, I'm out.

Fell in love with a girl when I was in my teens. Beautiful Italian girl a year older than me. The love was not reciprocated. She got married and moved to another state. When I heard her husband had died of cancer I secretly hoped she would move back to my area and fall in love with me.

it affected me for years but I never told her that I loved her, I did it 3 years later and she gently rejected me, now I'm not sure anymore...

I have a gf now but clearly I don't know for sure that I love her, I think I'll just end up on my own, will be better for everyone else...

don't hurt me

no more

She does in small ways man. Like, her perfume. Anytime i smell roses, i think of that chick. She was everything curvy without fat. Long hair. Super pretty. Always in dresses. She moved out of state during school sadly.

Yes. Why am I still having dreams about the person who completely destroyed me in her selfish divorce and quarter-life implosion? Loving someone is like willingly accepting an incurable disease that you'll never fully move on from, bo matter how much better your life becomes afterwards.

Yes. She has been on my mind almost everyday the last three years. I hope someday she breaks up with her boyfreind.

>doing more than just lurking on Sup Forums
>having a lover
you can't have both, faggot. there's nothing but virgin autists and spambots.

where to start
yeah she does, it's been 10 years
it's not that she was the first girl i fell for, she was the only girl i fell for

recently she's been back and things have been nice between us but i can't help but wonder why after all this time but when i'm with her all the doubts fade away and it's just nice

20 years later... I still think about her from time to time... so yea I guess.
Time is a bitch though... I actually walked right past her in a Target like a year ago, and she has kids now and shit... Did not age well (she looked like fucking Drew Barrymore when she was 20... now at 40 she looked like... I dont know - a tired mom? But with like - none of the good milf features... no ass or tits.. She did not keep any of her youthful looks at all, and even though she was skinny she just looked... deflated.
>Me being a prize winner
Not really but after her - I started working out.. fixed my life up a lot and turned shit around. I would say I look pretty similar to my 20 year old self except more built, and maybe a little less hair but what ever...

My crush from 20 years ago had an old haggard look of defeat - I was sporting my 25 year old girl friend and looked like a million bucks.

>TL:DR: Time heals ... but it will leave scars.

It was 15 years ago.

She doesn't affect me anymore, but I've had a couple girlfriends, and still can't feel for any woman the same way I felt about her.

Obviously, I will never feel love that way anymore, because I was ayoung and innocent back then.

Of course. But it's important to treat the experience as an important lesson and figure out what you can do better next time. There are people out there that you'll have more reason to love, and will love you better than you can understand right now. Just keep going. Things will get better.

Yes. I was quite upset and angry for a long time after we broke up. But eventually, I met other women, and had other, more meaningful relationships. My first love and I re-connected years later on social media. She has not had a great life... she wound up living in the small town where her grandmother came from. She never had much money, but she married and had some really great kids.

The thing about your first love is that it is so very intense. It is important, in the process of getting over the loss of your first love, to pay attention to the difference between "being in love with the person" and "being in love with being in love". Your first love is a very intense high, and it is easy to get hooked on the feeling of being in love. Be good to your first lover, learn what you can from them, be gracious in your breakup. You will be wise beyond your years if you understand that maybe they were not "the one". Be yourself, do your best, and "the one" will recognise you.

Frequent masturbation helps a lot, too.

Yes. And she just texted me yesterday after not talking to each other for 2 months. I know I love her because the sex is terrible but I still wanna cuddle with her after cumming, whereas I usually lose all feeling for any other girl after I but a nut. Also we're like the same person, other people even agree. She's just extremely difficult and we've never been official but have had a kind of on and off thing for over a year. I've had 2 gfs since meeting her that meant nothing to me as well.

*bust

No. But that was years ago. And she’s a lesbian now.

I don't even remember the name of the first girl I fell in love with

yea, in a rather petty way actually. I went off to a private college (because she could only afford a crappy state.) Worked my ass off to pay for it (because I knew she would have debt.) Got a nice house, wife, great job, 60k a year. We haven't spoken in about 10 years and I am a far better man because of the piece of shit she was.

You have never been in love.

Of course. I got played like a fool recently by the first girl I can ever say I truly loved. She made reconsider my policy on never having kids. Then it turns out I was just some side fuck she had a boyfriend and never thought of me in that way. She lead me on though. I think she just needed the attention.

You will end up old and alone posting on Sup Forums with your true family.

Yep, that's the same thing ex gfs said when breaking up with me.

not at all. i dodged a bullet with that one.
she ended up having two kids with two different dudes, plus she's fuck ugly now. couldn't be happier with the way that one went.

Nah, she turned into a dude and I'm not really into dudes.
He's a great buddy now though.

100% .

Kindergarten

I read somewhere something along the lines of:

"She will always be the love of your life, whether she's in it or not"

I find this to be way too fucking real. We were together for 9 years, all the way back from high school. First love, first sex, first breakup.

It's been like 4 years since we broke up, I'm in a happy relationship and I'm even moving to a new place with the new gf. She's amazing, sexy, financially stable...

.... But she will never be her.

It will always affect you...

In a way .. I never got an answer as to why she dumped me, and every so often I find myself speculating about it ... weird fact 1. It was more than 30 yrs ago weird fact 2. when I moved to current address some 6 yrs back, I found out she lives one street over .. husband, three kids and all ...

Kinda, we were 14 and together for 3 years. Took 3 month for us to fuck and after that, we were doing it like rabbit (like 3-4 times a day). We both know what we like sexually inside out. Long story short, she cheat, we broke out, she regret it and we cut ties for a few years. We have since renew our friendship but there is a permanent sexual tension between us. We would both fuck each other brain out if we had a chance, but we are both engage (i’m pretty loyal, legacy matter to me)

Dream of her a few time a year so I don’t think i will ever forget her.

Yes.

No it was 8 years ago. But I still love Liz

If you want it to die faster, you have to cut any and all ties to her. Otherwise, it lasts years.

Fell for her 18 years ago. both head over heels, ended up accidental pregnancy, health problems and aborted for safety.
broke up, was feeling shit for maybe 3-6 months, and got on with life.

nowadays, we're still friends, chat sometimes, worked together in a studio a year later, and that helped get over her. In time, I was the photographer at her wedding.

given that in hindsight, she's mad as a sack of badgers though, I'm sort of glad it didnt work out in the long run.
mostly I sort of wonder what the child would've been like. would've been their 17th birthday sometime about now.

Very true ..

No, not at all. But it has been easily 15 years since i fell truely in love for the first time.

thanks Sup Forumsro

fag

Captain obvious saves the day again.

Suicide is easier and cheaper than anything you can or will ever do?
Why live Sup Forums, why haven't you gone yet?

Thank you all, I went to some faggy mushy feeling forum to try to figure this shit out but I couldn't stand it and I knew some of you would know without being overly sensitive, appreciate it Sup Forumsros

I don't wanna die most of the time, when I do I know I've been alone for too long and i go hang out with friends.
I've had far more good times than times where i wanted to die, if that math changes some day, I might reconsider.

Its extremely unpleasant. If they had suicide spas I might consider it. Like go and get a full body massage, blow job, three chicks at once, beef wellington and fine wine for dinner, then you walk into a booth and hit the button that instantly vaporizes you.

I could get into something like that. But this business of sawing your head off or jumping off a bridge or drowning yourself... no thanks.

Get some cheese wire and super glue.
Make a noose with the wire and tie it to a tall building.
Put the noose over your head and super glue your hands to your head.
Jump off said tall building, it'll look like you ripped your head off before hitting the ground.
But seriously try everything else you can think of before you try suicide.

>Does the girl you first fell in love with still affect you?

Yes. It's been about 18 years and I still think about her often.

I doubt I'll ever fully get over her. But I've learned to live with it.

My buddy killed himself that way. At the funeral people couldn't stop laughing.

Time heals all OP.
When I was 15 had a really really rough relationship/breakup with the first girl I fell in love with, I'm currently working a shitty job (Because I'm an Engineering graduate and need money until I find a "real" job) so I work with a lot of 17year olds, their first love still really affects them and hurts them. It took me until I was about 18-19 to fully let it go. Got into another relationship and it took me another year to get over it after that break up. The older you get the easier it becomes.

>If it doesn't still affect you
That's a bit of a shit way to look at it, because everything you do will affect you in some small way or another, some things still affect you from when you were a kid but hold very little relevance in your life no matter how you look at it. For example I may have shat my pants as a kid and now i'm 23 it still "affects" me in the sense that I'm embarassed about it, but it literally has no relevant effect on my life.

The first girl you love is a massive milestone and you take that with you for your entire life. I'm married now but sometimes I still think of her, sixteen years later. Teenage love is naive but powerful.

depends if you actually loved her

12 years - think about her every hour

Still with her 6 years later