Listen to pic related

>listen to pic related
>love it
>listen to literally any other of his album
>hate it and think it sounds like mainstream trash

What happened? Even the stuff before Acid Rap I don't like.

>mainstream trash

10 Day was better than Acid Rap
But yea that's as good as it gets buddy, listened to his newest album and gotta say I'm disappointed. It's not even that he became a worse lyricist or got shitty producers it's that he wanted to change his style which I respect but cmon man. It's like when those NBA players strike a deal and then get thrown in jail, a waste of talent.

Maybe that was a little edgy. I just think all his stuff sounds like it's trying to be Acid Rap 2.0 but it doesn't measure up.

Probability the rhymer is standard /frogcore/ and that alone grants him my respect.

>listening to industry plants
wew

I enjoyed Acid Rap until I realized he's just a piece of shit trying to sound genuine. Sucks.

Who are some others that peaked with a mixtape?

i dont get it to people genuinely think this guy isnt just the very "mainstream trash" they claim to dislike?

I wouldn't say 'peaked' but imo earl sweatshirts best songs to date are all on his EARL mixtape.

stfu you memer scum

That's exactly what I thought.
I saw Sup Forums hyping it up and then my friends put it on and I realised it was just normiecore radio pop hop

Acid Rain is a 10/10 track

Maybe if you're like 15 and haven't done acid or listened to better music

> Your personal taste is wrong! swear!!!

That's the entire point of this board. If you don't like my opinion, then offer me something besides an attempt to escape the conversation.

whats wrong with the song? perhaps 10/10 is a bit much but what is objectively 10/10? Mozart? Mingus? do we not have room for hyperbole?

point is that i think that Acid Rap is a memorable song that warrants a positive review.

you cuck

He's just best when he makes rainy, sad music and he's a happy person

I think it's quite boring. It's a high school kid trying to write psychedelic rap music, which is a cool concept with a poor execution. I don't like his voice or the lyrics-- they sound like he's trying to be genuine instead of being genuine.

ok so its youre opinion vs the masses. good thing we rehashed this point.

if you ever like any track or artist on this board you are a fucking moron

Huh? So because a lot of people like him and you're one of them it means my opinion is invalid? That doesn't make sense.

sometimes the numbers aren't misleading. sometimes you are mislead.

Almost everything Earl has done so far is god-tier but I agree, Tyler's flow on Couch is so good

Deep bro... damn.......
That's a silly position to take though. You know that most people on this board aren't fans of him right?

this

yeah because whether youve done acid or not is the decider for whether this song is good on its own or not. This post feels like another acid head's impulsive desire to remind everyone that listening to music isnt like doing acid bro because i bet youve never ever done like 2 tabs before bruuuuhhhh

PSSSYYcchheeedeeellliiicccc mmmmaaaaannnnn

now that this is out of the way let's have a productive discussion

i don't think it's trying to be acid rap at all

based on recent features I think he clearly could make Acid Rap 2.0 if he wanted to. It's just that he doesn't want to make that music anymore. Which is sad as fuck because as much as I love Chance either way, Acid Rap perfectly suited him as an artist. Coloring Book feels so watered down and while I appreciate the uniqueness it's just not his full potential.

>mainstream trash
You type like a 14 year old.

meme

I agree OP, Acid Rap is probably the most unique and enjoyable album of his career.