Be me

Be me
>Hate my job where I'm treated like shit no matter what I do
>30 yr old virgin
>Chronically depressed
>Getting fat
>Can't motivate myself into doing anything constructive
>Routine is the only thing that keeps me from having a meltdown
>Last night all I could think about was how much I hate everything and just want to end it

I need to change things but can't get out of this mindset that anything I try will fail and make things worse

>Got 50k in my account
Got a BA in Arts/Science
>Diploma in journalism
>Decent writer

What do?

Come give me the money & well start a business. Fix our shitty lives

What kind of business?

Software company

What kind of software?

Seriously, travel. I'd go to the Philippines, majority know English, and they'll all line up for the dollar. What state are you in?

Any kind we want. Games, system monitoring, industrial applications. $50k can support 2 people starting a small business for many months. Maybe computer repair....you like to write? Make a bunch of tech micro sites and join the google bot net advert game.

Canada

>>Chronically depressed
If you lived in Scandinavia I would say become a NEET and relax.

Gonna need more than depression to be a full time NEET.

Nope.
T. neet my self because of depression

have you tried not being a whiny faggot?

Yes

As much as I might enjoy that I'd rather contribute to society than leech off of it

Everyone is different I guess.
>take what you can, give nothing back

Got any books in the works?

Right now there only two options that I can think of that might take me in a new direction
>Writing a book
>Starting a kind of twitch/youtube news channel
Both of those are such long shots that it seems hopeless but I have no other skills other than entertaining people and researching/writing about shit

Two right now
Both fantasy
One loosely based off of my job
The other based on my experiences with mental illness and those of others I've spoken to at length

Problem is I keep psyching myself out and convincing myself everything is shit and pointless so it is taking forever to write

The one loosely based on my job is actually fun to write so I switch between it and the mental illness book periodically to keep myself from falling victim to the very depressing shit I'm writing about

concur with travel. exposure to new stimuli breaks up the mundane and will give you new perspective.

Thanks anons I'll think about it, I've got the cash and honestly I'm ready to quit my job and live a little

Still need some kind of long term plan/goal though

Keep writing no matter what. Even if you think it's shit, keep writing anyway. Much of what you write will start out terrible that's inevitable. You can always go back an edit things later.
Set quotas of a certain number of words you plan to write each day.

I've read that a lot in the guides and how to articles I've perused

Meeting those quotas is hard when my job leaves my physically and mentally exhausted every day

Start with small quotas and slowly increase as is prudent.
Study the works of Stoic philosophers to deal with your current career situation.
Don't quit your job yet.
Find dignity and meaning in your current struggles and always remind yourself of how many would count themselves lucky to be in your shoes.
Remember that a life of drudgery was the fate of most people until quite recently in history and be grateful you have escaped it.
I shall have more advice to offer if you find what I have said compelling.

Go on user

If possible try to reduce your work hours and cut out unnecessary expenses from your life.
Do not try to live a spartan existence devoid of pleasure but rather focus on making whatever money you have go farther. Examine what you spend money and reflect on what it really adds to your life. Much of it is probably trivial or even negative.
Reduce, eliminate, or rationally refocus your use of such things as: your cell phone, social media, Sup Forums, television.
Read widely and cultivate a genuine love for the world of ideas.
Continue?

I've already cut my spending to the bare minimum without living a spartan lifestyle
I don't really use my cellphone
I could cut back on watching shows and lurking here
I could read some more but a lot of my web browsing already involves political/science/cultural news

Continue please

Good. Good.
But reduce your consumption of news.
If you wish to understand the world, and you being a writer, should more than most, study history.
They say journalism is the first draft of history, but they forgot to add that most first drafts are terrible.
The degree to which a particular media outlet focuses on the trivial, the hysterical, or the false is highly correlated to it's popularity. Consume your media with that always in mind.
Go to your local library and just look around for an hour or two.
Borrow whatever piques your interest and devour it.
Always try to be learning something new especially about history, literature, philosophy, and religion.
Continue?

commit suicide

ever considered to stop smoking weed?

go on

I don't smoke weed

Only if you do it with me

ever considered to start smoking weed?

Cultivate an appreciation of all life's small pleasures, which are paradoxically quite a big deal.
Eat healthy but tasty food and savour it (read: try actually cooking, if you don't have time, cook things in batches and reheat later)
Find pride in small accomplishments.
Be are of the dangers of the "hedonic treadmill":
"A man who subsists on bread and water will find a wheel of cheese to be a sumptuous feast"
Use pleasure as a system to motivate yourself for doing things.
When you finish a chapter of either reading or writing for example spend a few minutes after doing something your find intensely enjoyable:
1. Eat something indulgent.
2. Listen to music you like.
3. Jack off to a favourite model or better yet, a woman who's totally new to you.
Clear your mind of all distractions when engaged in these activities and savour them like a wine connoisseur.
Be grateful for everything in life that brings you joy.
A few closing words on God and sex?

Kill self

>giving actual advice

mate why are you on Sup Forums?

I'm a good person, or at least I try to be.
I'm just not a *normal* person.

See previous response

I'll pass on religion

I'm a pretty good cook, I actually got into cooking/baking pretty young out of necessity
Cooking usually calms me down and helps me focus